Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Predawn light on a clear, still morning is Anti-Listed. A quiet beauty there for anyone willing to get out of bed.
    Love that time of day. I have to be at Clinical for 7. I get up, walk out in my bare feet, look at the sky and commune with nature. It is glorious. Even in the dead of winter there is something about standing in the cold and breathing it in.

Comment

Having a phone screen for an adult AFC home position 2-3 days a week is on The Anti-List. I know all too well that employers LOVE experience, and I know in 2022, when I get my degree, the experience will help. Besides, it will help with extra cash and I can leave at any time.

Physical therapy is on the Anti-List too. Super weak in the right leg right now, but I believe that leg will get stronger and I will be back to work and doing what I love before I know it. Loving the fact I am up and moving again!

Even the possibility of not running again is on The Anti-List. I stumbled upon the quote "the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death" (Miyamoto Musashi) today, and if I can't run, I'm sure I can find something else to do.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The following news from my 4 month follow up is on The Anti-List:

I have permanently lost that awful boot and replaced it with a matching shoe.

He says I'm healing nicely, though it's a bummer we can't see through the plate.

It's great I started PT. Still no intense movement, still no squats and lunges, still no lateral movement. He said my plan of resistance bands, gentle yoga and Pilates, and therapy exercises is good for now. Next month, I need to buy a pair of running shoes.

Told me I'm on pace to run again in January, though he said to stick with 5 and 10K, and said that triathlon was a better bet for me now, since it's not run heavy. I will send a message back about swimming and riding my bike.

And finally, I'm looking at 4-6 more weeks of captivity. By the next appointment in November, I should be good to go! Let's celebrate!
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Students having interesting sense of entitlement are on the List

The students need to print out paperwork and fill it in for the patient they care for. They also have to complete other pages that are reinforcing what they are doing in the lecture. We are in week 5. I have someone else's student coming to me for a makeup. Text- I don't have a printer at home. Do you know if the facility can print it for me? UUTeff. You are in week 5. I am not going to ask the facility to print something for you that you need to have printed the last 4 weeks. Then she texts back maybe someone will have a blank one she can use. Again UUTeff. If they have followed instructions they certainly won't have a blank one because the email I sent them said to fill stuff out. you are the person I am going to rely on to save someone's life?

Comment

Learning how to walk normally again is on The Anti-List. It feels weird, but after 4 months, I'm happy to be doing so.

I will never take wearing a matching shoe, walking normally, standing up, sitting down, going to bed, or going to the bathroom for granted ever again.

Comment

After filling out a personality assessment today and a 16 question assessment, I now await an interview with ProtoCall, Inc, a phone crisis counseling service. If it works out, I will have a job in my field. So Anti-List.

Comment

Ahem ... really ... new season and still using this thread ... really .... go here to find your fate ...
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                X