The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Not being able to take even one pic of myself, inside the building I am standing in right now, is on The List...but, I definitely understand why, and I will respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Not being able to take even one pic of myself, inside the building I am standing in right now, is on The List...but, I definitely understand why, and I will respect that.
      Coy pryk.

We wanna know.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Coy pryk.

We wanna know.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Ha, good one.

Comment

Been there, (not) done that.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The (alleged) driving skills of most people are on The List.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                The (alleged) driving skills of most people are on The List.
                In snow or clear, dry conditions?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  In snow or clear, dry conditions?
                  Yes
                  "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                  Groucho Marx
                  "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                  Ron White
                  "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                  Milo Bloom

Comment

People who live in town and don't walk their dogs.

And when they do, don't scoop.

Comment

• Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

The whole being recertified thing is on the LIST!!! Organizations that change rules without warning and not grandfathering are on the List.

Need 75 CEUs. Usually never a problem. I have been over double every time I have recerted (5 times). Used to submit via snail mail so 6-8 wks before the date. Last time went to a big conference ($$$) too late to count CEUs. Called last yr about something else, was bemoaning this and was told I could use them as long as they were not 5 yrs old when I sent in my application. Clarified and got person's name. Called a bit ago to clarify how to document it on application as they are now web based and it isn't intuitive. Rule changed a few months ago. 26 credits in the hopper. So then I ask about how to doc my teaching hours. They used to count as 15 CEUs if you taught a course. Nope. 60hrs also in the hopper. Went from almost double the requirement to 13 short. Today I find out, by mistake, they may require a 4-6 wk lead time even tho it is no where on the website. I am signed up for conference in early Dec for 24 CEUs. Well over what I need. Aaaaannnnnnddddd....... I may have to pay 200$ to expedite to have them count. eff me. I am royally p1ssed. I am not practicing but don't want to lose the Cert in case I want to teach at that level. So irritating

Every time I have recertified they have changed the letters they use to signify the certification. I guess it will be on the anti-List if they do that this time. I won't need to deal with changing Signage on the front of the Practice, prescriptions, in the EMR, etc and hearing the DOc whine about it like I have a way to control that!

Also on the Anti-List not having to deal with the toxic stuff that went along with working there. Looking back I will take paying out the extra $$ over having to deal with that any day.
                      Last edited by leswp1; 11-18-2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Name change scheduled for 12/19 at 8:30 AM... Anti-List!
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

"Dow down < big number here > points!" heard yesterday.

That report is on The List.

Why? Historically the Dow waggles +/- 1% on any day; specific news will waggle it +/- 2% in a day; an event will move it more in a day.

The Dow moving 400 points right now in a day is a <2% move; noteworthy, yes, but not earth shattering. (Tech stocks had a bad day yesterday; that was the news, not the points number.)

Not understanding that, just shouting the big scary number, puts innumeracy on The List.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Not having a family to join for Thanksgiving: List.

Realizing it's because of coming out and being on hormones: List.

People who tell me that this "lifestyle" is something I "chose:"- List
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Wait, you were alone?

Comment

Wait, you were alone?
                                It's been the father unit and I since 2012.

2010, I went to my aunt's (she still loved me at the time). 2012, around the time of my biological father's death, stepmom, my brother, stepsisters, and I had a small dinner in Vegas, then I came home and did something with just stepfather and I. It's been this way ever since.

Father unit had an invite, but said he didn't want me to be alone. This invite was to a conservative pastor's house, so I wouldn't have been comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X