Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Neighbors who leave an extension cord out across the sidewalk to the street in front of their house under the snow are on The List. 12 new inches of snow, so I'm out with my snow blower and blow down the block for my neighbors, as I usually do when I have the time. Caught the unseen extension cord in my auger, and it quickly wrapped around the shaft, broke two sheer pins, and raised a some other cain with my machine. Cut the cord. Lucky I didn't get lit up when I dug out the snow to inspect what had happened.
    I hit a newspaper once because the paper guy (who usually delivers to my front door.. and DID deliver one there) ALSO delivered to the side door. It got covered with snow, and I hit it. That was a MESS, although it didn't damage the snowblower and I didn't electrocute anyone.

Comment

The fact I need to fill out my FAFSA, forgot my ID/Password, and the website is down is on The List.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Gratitude had nowhere else to go, so it overflowed, and...

I AM grateful.

Thursday, I find out the director of the Grand Rapids Triathlon and Michigan Titanium triathlon submits me as a case to USA Triathlon's Diversity and Inclusion coordinator, trying to find out what she can do for me. This director knows that estrogen isn't a performance enhancer, and in the age groups, it doesn't matter.

Yesterday, while I still haven't submitted for laser hair removal (imagined ouchies), I still get my chest waxed. The woman who does it loves me like I'm a sister. It helps that the salon let me take a nap on the couch, since I had 40 minutes before my appointment.

On the way home, I realized I have so many Mama Bears I can't count them all, and so many people who have helped me along as I adjust to hormones and life outside the closet door. I imagine the laughs as I describe the effects of the hormones as your way of welcoming me to the club, and telling me where to find the chocolate and the wine.

I've been stressed that I might have to defer grad school because I couldn't swing a $300 deposit. The admissions counselor called yesterday and told me that was covered, as well as the fact I got a $10,000 scholarship.

So grateful that even though I can't run, I push myself through a high agility workout (TurboFire) without using the modifiers. Yeah, I felt it, but when you're in an amazing mood...

And even now, even though the world sleeps, that I'm up and ready to attack the day with fresh energy... with all my sisters behind me.

All that is on the Anti-List.
        This was great; thank you.

Here's the best I can do to celebrate. Outside looking in it seems authentic, heartfelt, and useful.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The plow service for my townhome association is on The List. They piled up a bunch of snow across half of my driveway near the street. It's piled up higher than my car, so either I'm going to have a real issue shoveling it all off the driveway or the association's services coordinator can get the plow people out there to fix the problem they created for me. Consider me unimpressed.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            Motherhood Maternity is on the List. I'm down to one pair of jeans that I can wear to work and they are getting tight. Maternity clothing is very limited in most stores, and when you start pregnancy as a larger woman, good luck. So, I go to the specialized maternity store and am told they no longer carry plus size in store. Corporate made them send back all their plus sized stuff last week. So, I leave the store fighting back tears wondering what I will wear to work for the next 3 months.
            This is something the male of the species will never understand or comprehend. (Guilty as charged.)

Bless you and your child. You will get through the coming months.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Looking up and wondering:
              - how much snow is too much snow on that roof?
              - where were those sewer vents on the roof so I can clear at least that area
              is on The List.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                Looking up and wondering:
                - how much snow is too much snow on that roof?
                - where were those sewer vents on the roof so I can clear at least that area
                is on The List.
                Now where the heck did I put those vent pipes?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  This was great; thank you.

Here's the best I can do to celebrate. Outside looking in it seems authentic, heartfelt, and useful.
                  It's getting better for me on the micro level. Yes, the political climate for myself and my people is mean and nasty, but on a personal level, it's getting so much better, and I realize I have everything I need. Hope you saw the picture I posted!
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

That grad school is becoming a reality for me is on The Anti-List.

Sometime last year, I realized I couldn't wait any more on this, and I'll be glad to be in and done before I know it.

Comment

The fact that joy and gratitude is pouring out of me... I have never felt like this before. This is Anti-List. Also, this is a snapshot (I'm on the right) at 11.5 months on HRT.

53548556_2161497480555554_2564793699955376128_n

Comment

Where's the like button?
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Also on the Anti-List: Two Hispanic women at my job started giving me daily hugs. They don't know I'm trans, and I don't think they care.

Anti-List: I did nothing to earn any of the support and love I am receiving... it's a gift.

The List: The sound of my own voice. As you can see, I'm getting the look down, but I open my mouth and I want to projectile vomit.

Comment

My doctor's office is on The List for failing to inform me that a 2 hour glucose tolerance test is of the fasting variety.

I feel like I belong on The List for getting to a point where I need a 2 hour glucose tolerance test. My brain, ******* that it is, is chanting "IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" at me right now, and it's left me feeling angry and scared.

Comment

Sick coworkers are on the list. I mentioned to her she sounds congested, and she replies, "yeah, I've been running a fever for the last 3 days". Get your butt home and take your germs with you. Do not come sit next to your pregnant coworker and spread your germs.

I wish more people would use their sick days. Most of what you do at work can wait a few days, and that which can't can be covered by other people. I would rather be overwhelmed with her job, my boss' job (she's on vacation) and my job right now than be exposed to this fever.
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G
                              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                              2 Alaskan

Comment

Camera repair is on the List I have to shoot a meet tomorrow and my lens is not back yet. It has been "in repair" since last week.
                                Customer service phone trees are on the List. 45 min of listening to we will be with you soon followed by booting me out and telling me to look at the website. DUH! It gives me no information- no eta, no what is happening, have they touched it yet, is it toast?? I have a service plan that gives me a replacement if it is not fixable. I need my lens. Not happy. (And my old tactic encouraged by the camera dept of purchasing a lens and returning it if the other was fixable now is a no go 15% of 800-900$ is lotta $)

Comment

Working...
                                X