RPI Engineers 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

There are some links in the article including highlights in the second page of https://www.instagram.com/rpiathletics/p/Brnep5nHzxt/.
    I will be the stick in the mud here. As good as she is, I don’t believe she belongs in the top 10 and she should not win this award. There are better goalies in the NCAA who don’t get the same level of recognition. With the exception of the Princeton game, her stats against upper echelon teams are less than stellar. There are other position players that should have been on the top 10 list that were excluded. I am happy for her but feel for others that have accomplished as much or more at their respective positions that were ignored.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
      I will be the stick in the mud here. As good as she is, I don’t believe she belongs in the top 10 and she should not win this award. There are better goalies in the NCAA who don’t get the same level of recognition. With the exception of the Princeton game, her stats against upper echelon teams are less than stellar. There are other position players that should have been on the top 10 list that were excluded. I am happy for her but feel for others that have accomplished as much or more at their respective positions that were ignored.
      And people thought I was Debbie Downer!! Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        And people thought I was Debbie Downer!! Wow.
        There is a little Chaffron in all of us!

Comment

• Re: RPI Engineers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
          There are better goalies in the NCAA who don’t get the same level of recognition. With the exception of the Princeton game, her stats against upper echelon teams are less than stellar.
          I remember the first game that Noora Räty played against Wisconsin. It wasn't a very good UW team, but the Gophers, other than Räty, weren't all that in 2009-10 either. The stats will show that she allowed 4 goals on 43 shots, a rather "meh" stat line, but she played great. Her teammates kept breaking down, and the Badgers were attacking from along the goal line and then passing to the slot. She saved most of those, but it's hard to save them all. After the game, she told Brad Frost, "It felt like it was me against all of them."

I would guess that over her four years, Selander has had that feeling a few times. It is hard to put stats of goalies next to each other and compare them, unless you also get to watch the goalies to see how those numbers are produced. There may be a couple goalies in the NCAA who had better seasons than Selander. Maybe Reed did, but she plays behind a better team. But IMO, Selander is right up there.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Well, LS didn't make the top 3.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I take full responsibility. Hopefully she earns some more important hardware in the coming weeks.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

That's disappointing for sure. Pankowski over Selander is questionable in just my opinion. Gabel and Keller will be tough to beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                  That's disappointing for sure. Pankowski over Selander is questionable in just my opinion. Gabel and Keller will be tough to beat.
                  Pankowski?? Over Giguere? Schammel? Seriously?

Comment

Cornell defeated RPI 2-1 in OT.
                    SOGs 65-7 in Cornell's favor.

edit: shots 128 to 14.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-02-2019, 01:32 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Selander needs 96 more saves.
                      The good news is that Selander now needs 33 saves.

Edit: It may be a couple less.
                      Edit 2: Apparently it is 31.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-01-2019, 08:09 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                        With the exception of the Princeton game, her stats against upper echelon teams are less than stellar.
                        Care to reconsider?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                          Care to reconsider?
                          Yes, especially a game like last night where the puck is in her zone so much, so she has to constantly be moving, setting up, and focused on the puck. A great performance bye Selander, IMO.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            Yes, especially a game like last night where the puck is in her zone so much, so she has to constantly be moving, setting up, and focused on the puck. A great performance bye Selander, IMO.
                            No disrespect to Pankowski, but you take Pankowski off of Wisconsin, does that even alter their standings? But, Selander off of RPI, my goodness, who even knows. Robbed in my opinion of being a Kaz final three finalist. Yes, I am an Orosz fan and yes d do a big part too. But, with that shot total for and against is illuminating.

Comment

Similar story as yesterday (so far) for RPI: being outshot 19-4 but leading 1-0 in the second on a goal by ....Orosz.

Comment

Guys Lovisa is bad against top competition. I heard it from a reliable source.

But really, an amazing game by her and the defense doing a good job of clearing the slot on a number of occasions. Someone other than Orosz needs to step up tomorrow. She has 9 of our 17 shots and all of our goals.
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X