X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Engineers 2018-2019

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

And another RPI season comes to an end. I'm finding it hard to be too happy about this weekend's results since the games were effectively 18 against 1 (we'll say 1.5 for Orosz's contributions). I'm so proud of her accomplishments over the last four years and look forward to seeing her tear up the NWHL (and maybe the Olympics???) in the coming years.

The team will need to pull some magic out of a hat to make the playoffs next year. Here's hoping.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoop85 View Post
        Selander was the only thing RPI had going in this series, and she finally cracked today. Virtually the entirety of each game looked like a Cornell power play even when the teams were even strength.
        Selander is unbelievable! She definitely doesn't get enough credit. What a career! Congrats to her! Where will she play next season? That's the only question now.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          Selander is unbelievable! She definitely doesn't get enough credit. What a career! Congrats to her! Where will she play next season? That's the only question now.
          She's a Boston Pride draftee.
          RPI Pep Band
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            She's a Boston Pride draftee.
            And Swedish National Team goaltender
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Figures, of the three games, I'd pick the blowout. Still 55 saves. Looked like we were trying to press the issue at first, but just ran out of gas, and it wasn't meant to be.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Figures, of the three games, I'd pick the blowout. Still 55 saves. Looked like we were trying to press the issue at first, but just ran out of gas, and it wasn't meant to be.
                  Once we gave up the first goal, you could predict it just wasn't going to happen. We were never going to be able to chase the game against a team like Cornell and come out better for it.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    Once we gave up the first goal, you could predict it just wasn't going to happen. We were never going to be able to chase the game against a team like Cornell and come out better for it.
                    Thought we might have had a chance at 2-1, but then they got it right back. And the first two goals of the 3rd just sealed the deal.

Comment

I am quite surprised that the 8th seed has always been swept in the past.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Lovisa nominated for ECAC Goalie of the Year along with Sauvé (Clarkson) and Reed (Harvard). Lovisa leads the three of them in Sv% and minutes played, but has the worst GAA and record (tied with Reed) of the set. I'm obviously biased, but I don't see how they can give it to anyone but her. Hopefully the committee (I don't actually know who chooses these awards) agrees with me.

EDIT: Looks like editorializing made me late.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            Lovisa nominated for ECAC Goalie of the Year along with Sauvé (Clarkson) and Reed (Harvard). Lovisa leads the three of them in Sv% and minutes played, but has the worst GAA and record (tied with Reed) of the set. I'm obviously biased, but I don't see how they can give it to anyone but her. Hopefully the committee (I don't actually know who chooses these awards) agrees with me.

EDIT: Looks like editorializing made me late.
                            Agreed. Reed is very, very good, but Selander is just that much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by hab View Post
                              Agreed. Reed is very, very good, but Selander is just that much better.
                              All 3 are top netminders but have to say that Selander should win it. Reed will win the Rookie of the Year award.

Comment

Everybody ready for hab's infamous year-end review? No? Doesn't matter, here it comes anyway:
                                2 things to keep in mind here: 1) I watch a LOT of RPI women's hockey games, very closely; and 2) I am hopelessly biased in favour of this team.

OK, with that out of the way, here goes: I LOVED this year's version of the Engineers (I know, you have heard me say that a few times before). Of course everyone is focused on the truly historic performance of the great Lovisa, as they should be, but I want to focus on the other things I loved about this team. The coaching staff and the players seemed to understand their strengths and limitations and made the most of the former. This was a very, very gritty team that worked very hard in every game to give Lovisa a chance to make each save. Really tough in their own end...I mean REALLY tough. Don't come in to our blue paint!! And incredibly opportunistic on their rare scoring opportunities (Orosz is clearly the best sharp-shooter we have ever had). As an outsider it is always tough to know how much of this comes from on-ice leadership from upper classmen (women) and how much comes from coaching staff so I will just tip my hat to both.

Going forward...clearly we need to improve team speed...a lot! Cornell skated circles around us.

But I don't want to end on a negative note: just want to repeat that I loved the 2018-2019 Engineers!

Comment

Working...
                                X