Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by osualum86 View Post
    The only downside this weekend is it is another home football Saturday and the football game is vs Nebraska so it's a noon game. Women's Hockey starts at 3:00, so we'll have to get up at the crack of dawn and pay $20 for parking if we want to get a good parking spot. Then we will have several hours to kill until the hockey game starts.
    Might I suggest a nice long nap in the car? At my age they come pretty easily!

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Might I suggest a nice long nap in the car? At my age they come pretty easily!
    Or we could go to Skull Session and do some tailgating, there's that! I hear you on the nap thing, though! I am at the age where that would come easily, too!!!

So what does Jincy Dunne have to do to crack the USA roster. Itís a travesty! Not playing for Minny, BC or Wisconsin seems to punish players. Iím a fan and love watching her play when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    So what does Jincy Dunne have to do to crack the USA roster. Itís a travesty! Not playing for Minny, BC or Wisconsin seems to punish players. Iím a fan and love watching her play when I can.
    Kind of funny...she was the darling of USA Hockey growing up - gracing the magazine cover three times (if recollection serves me right)

Quote Originally Posted by arenalife View Post
    Kind of funny...she was the darling of USA Hockey growing up - gracing the magazine cover three times (if recollection serves me right)
    Some players just peak too soon

Not playing for Minny, BC or Wisconsin seems to punish players.
    Rather than treat this as a problem to be solved, I prefer to use it as a recruiting tool.

Minny, BC or Wisconsin
    One of these is not the same as the others...
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

Best player in the NCAA.

She is a good player but here https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...hockey-players is the list of schools sending olympic team members in order of palyers
    UM
    Harvard
    UW
    Providence
    BC
    Brown
    New Hampshire
    Dartmouth
    UMD
    Northeastern
    UND
    OSU
    Princeton
    Robert Morris
    Yale
    Vermont
    Lindenwood

Maybe it is not the school they go to that makes the call. The differences at that level are tiny & not every cut is justifiable so there is no way to be sure. Maybe just enjoy watching her now.

Rachel Ramsey never played on the national team and I suspect it wsa not because they didn't ask her to tryout.

So what does Jincy Dunne have to do to crack the USA roster. It’s a travesty! Not playing for Minny, BC or Wisconsin seems to punish players. I’m a fan and love watching her play when I can.
    Roster spots are zero sum; if you think Dunne should be on the roster, who do think should not be?

Quote Originally Posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    Roster spots are zero sum; if you think Dunne should be on the roster, who do think should not be?
    Take the four NCAA D on the roster, add Jincy and now pick your top 4. Jincy is in my top 4 and she would not be my 4th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    A couple of past or current bc defensemen not named Keller...
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...

People getting triggered by a red hat with white lettering? What does it for me is a red hat with one white letter...

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    A couple of past or current bc defensemen not named Keller...
    Bingo and a young Badger.

Take the four NCAA D on the roster, add Jincy and now pick your top 4. Jincy is in my top 4 and she would not be my 4th pick.
    how many gold medal teams have you coached? There are always going to be arguments at that level because the differences are so small. Peoples opinions influence their views. I have no idea if Dunn would be in the top 6, my hockey eye is not that good. She looks good enough to me but then so do a couple of others not wearing maroon & gold.

tangentially related tidbit. Youth hockey in MN has gotten so intense that I am aware of districts closing tryouts to parents & the public. They are bringing in coaches from other districts to rate & rank players so no parent can influence the tryouts or claim that the coaches played favorites. These are arguments that can't be 'won'
    Last edited by ne7minder; 11-02-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    how many gold medal teams have you coached? There are always going to be arguments at that level because the differences are so small. Peoples opinions influence their views. I have no idea if Dunn would be in the top 6, my hockey eye is not that good. She looks good enough to me but then so do a couple of others not wearing maroon & gold.

tangentially related tidbit. Youth hockey in MN has gotten so intense that I am aware of districts closing tryouts to parents & the public. They are bringing in coaches from other districts to rate & rank players so no parent can influence the tryouts or claim that the coaches played favorites. These are arguments that can't be 'won'
    Quite a few gold medals unfortunately all at the minor hockey level. I am a fan much like you are. Jincy is a terrific player and in my view she is superior to some players that were selected for this yearís team. My view will be challenged and I get that. Maybe the parents that you refer to were in attendance at the tryout and influenced the selection!

When I watch the Buckeyes play I am always impressed with how she controls the play, her skill level and the fact that she plays more than half the game and always looks fresh. Wish she were on our team.

Quite a few gold medals unfortunately all at the minor hockey level. I am a fan much like you are. Jincy is a terrific player and in my view she is superior to some players that were selected for this year’s team. My view will be challenged and I get that. Maybe the parents that you refer to were in attendance at the tryout and influenced the selection!

When I watch the Buckeyes play I am always impressed with how she controls the play, her skill level and the fact that she plays more than half the game and always looks fresh. Wish she were on our team.
    A bit of a confession that I had hoped she would have chosen to attend Minnesota but alas, that didn't happen (we do get to see her younger sister here in couple of years) so kudos to Ohio State for being able to land her. Definitely of the same opinion you have of her ability.

Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    Best player in the NCAA.
    You need to get out and watch some games other than OS. She is not even close on being the top D. Last year she was their second best D on that team. I do admit she was the best 13-14-15 yr old girl I had ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by brokentwig View Post
    She is not even close on being the top D. Last year she was their second best D on that team.
    Let me guess. Your daughter was the other D? That statement just lost you all credibility.

I have not seen OSU play this year. I did watch the frozen 4 semi final last year and Dunne was easily the best player in that game, goalies not included. She was vastly better than Harmon who won first team All American over Dunne. As did Baldwin. Dunne was the better player over Baldwin in all head-to-head matchups.

I have not seen a D control a game as calmly as she does for a number of years. She makes it look too easy.

Sometimes where you play or team success overrides individual glory. OSU is where they are because of Dunne. Remove her, OSU is a middle of the road team. Harmon and Baldwin are gone this year and those teams have not lost a beat.

Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    Let me guess. Your daughter was the other D? That statement just lost you all credibility.

I have not seen OSU play this year. I did watch the frozen 4 semi final last year and Dunne was easily the best player in that game, goalies not included. She was vastly better than Harmon who won first team All American over Dunne. As did Baldwin. Dunne was the better player over Baldwin in all head-to-head matchups.

I have not seen a D control a game as calmly as she does for a number of years. She makes it look too easy.

Sometimes where you play or team success overrides individual glory. OSU is where they are because of Dunne. Remove her, OSU is a middle of the road team. Harmon and Baldwin are gone this year and those teams have not lost a beat.
    You have not been watching an Clarkson games this season. Disagree with you on Harmon. Harmon is gone and Clarkson is not the same defensively this year. Just ask Sauve. Harmon not only was great on the defensive end she excelled advancing the puck up ice and was the quarterback on the Clarkson Power play and she played on the PK unit. No way Dunne was "VASTLY" better than Harmon.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Comparing Dunne to Harmon or possibly other defensemen that are not in the mix for the team USA roster doesn't make any sense in the context for what Puckdrop14 was originally asking. Just sayin...

Thread Information