Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Hahah yes that was me! I will defer to you as you see it live. Was thinking of that second period plus the 5 unanswered goals from last week. Lots of moving parts in a game though, no control over the refs and other team and as you indicate, that’s part of the story too. Bottom line is the Buckeyes are 5-1, and 4th ranked in the country, a season start just about anyone would want.

As for The Athletic, yes I really enjoy their Blue Jackets coverage. Alison, Porty, and Tom Reed do a wonderful job, and the women’s hockey stuff from Alison is like a bonus. I hope the women’s hockey features keep coming. I was hesitant to share here bc people get worked up about paywalls, so I’m glad at least one person could read it.
    Yeah, I subscribed to The Athletic last season after Alison wrote that story about Kassidy Sauve. I am happy to pay the $7.99 a month for the stories. Totally agree with your assessment that Alison, Portzline, and Tom Reed do a great job with that.

Comment

Looking forward to what should be a great series this weekend. For fans of either team who can't be at Ridder in person both games will be streamed on FloHockey.com . I see also where both of the Ohio State/UMass men's games will also be streamed.

https://www.flohockey.tv/events
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Looking forward to what should be a great series this weekend. For fans of either team who can't be at Ridder in person both games will be streamed on FloHockey.com . I see also where both of the Ohio State/UMass men's games will also be streamed.

https://www.flohockey.tv/events
        I'll be at our men's game but I feel this weekend's women's games will be a great challenge for both OSU & Minnesota. If one of the teams sweep they will most likely be on a path to be the top team in the conference for at least awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          I'll be at our men's game but I feel this weekend's women's games will be a great challenge for both OSU & Minnesota. If one of the teams sweep they will most likely be on a path to be the top team in the conference for at least awhile.
          With all the injuries we have right now, I will be fine with a split this weekend. I think we are going to see a hungry Gopher team that remembers us taking 11 of 12 points from them last season. OTOH, Ohio State will be out to silence the continued disrespect and rhetoric that last season was somehow a fluke or that we "snuck up on people." Our girls are well aware of what gets said about them. Should be interesting. I don't expect either team to sweep. I just want to get our kids healthy so we are back to full strength. It has been nice to see that we are much deeper than in the past. Bodes well for the rest of the season.

Comment

Minnesota takes game one tonight by a final score of 3-0. The Gophers dominated the shots on goal numbers tonight 47-18. Buckeye netminder Andrea Braendli stood tall in net and kept the Bucks within striking distance, stopping 44 of the 46 shots she faced. Minnesota goaltender Alex Gulstene stopped all 18 shots she faced to get the shutout. The Gopher goals were scored by Taylor Williamson (2) and Catie Skaja. The teams were scoreless in the first. Taylor Williamson scored the first goal for the Gophers in the second period, which turned out to be the game-winner. The game stayed at 1-0 until Minnesota's Catie Skaja added another goal late in the third period to make it 2-0. Taylor Williamson added an empty netter to make the final score 3-0. The two teams wrap up their series tomorrow at 4:07 pm EST. If the Buckeyes are going to split this one, they will need to find a way to generate more offense tomorrow.

Comment

What's with those all-black Buckeye uniforms? There's hardly contrast on the jerseys which made it next to impossible to read the numbers, unless they were very close and pretty stationary.

Comment

What's with those all-black Buckeye uniforms? There's hardly contrast on the jerseys which made it next to impossible to read the numbers, unless they were very close and pretty stationary.
                Those were amazingly bad uniforms...Like Darth Vader bad.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  I watched a bit too, and maybe with hoods they could be Voldemort? I actually re-signed in because I noticed FHF's "if we had anything to declare" quote at the bottom. After many, many trips across the border, with many more to come, I laughed and agree.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    I've spent the last couple of years complaining about how ugly the Skating Tomatoes road uniforms were, so never let it be said that the Ohio State athletic department cannot successfully identify a problem and make it significantly worse.

At least I'm no longer arguing that the helmets should be brown so they look like stems.

Comment

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

It sounds like we won't have those jerseys to kick around anymore. According to a tweet by Dan Hamann, the league office has informed OSU that they will start today's game shorthanded if they wear them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                        It sounds like we won't have those jerseys to kick around anymore. According to a tweet by Dan Hamann, the league office has informed OSU that they will start today's game shorthanded if they wear them again.
                        Apparently he has deleted that tweet as I don't see it on his account

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          Apparently he has deleted that tweet as I don't see it on his account
                          Fake news.
                          "Make hockey great again....wait, always was great."
                          Last edited by play-by-play guy; 10-20-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

An attempt at being stealthy, like an F-22 fighter plane? An SR-71 was all black too, no numbers visible, and there are a lot of Air Force facilities in Ohio they could have got design advice from. They just forgot that ice is white.

Comment

Originally posted by drewkal View Post
                              An attempt at being stealthy, like an F-22 fighter plane? An SR-71 was all black too, no numbers visible, and there are a lot of Air Force facilities in Ohio they could have got design advice from. They just forgot that ice is white.
                              I grew up playing hockey and have been watching it ever since, and I thought after all those years I'd seen just about everything. But this was a first, seeing a team being assessed a minor penalty to start the game because of the jerseys they were wearing.

Comment

I didn't see the game today (was at our Men's game at around the same time and was following the Women on twitter), so I will have to find some pictures to get an idea on the Buckeye unis everyone is talking about. Based on the postgame interview, Coach Nadine likes them and the players like them.

Anyway, enough about the uniforms. It was a good bounce-back win for the Buckeye Women. Today's final score was 3-2. Ohio State defenseman Sophie Jaques scored the game's first goal, her first-ever as a Buckeye. The Gophers evened things up with a goal from Nicole Schammel, and that's how the first period ended. Ohio State took the lead for good in the second period on a power play goal from Emma Maltais. Maddy Field would add another goal early in the third period to put Ohio State up 3-1. Minnesota's Taylor Williamson scored a late goal to get the Gophers within one at 3-2 and that is how it ended. The Gophers outshot the Buckeyes 42-27 with Gopher goalie Sydney Scobee stopping 24 of the 27 shots she faced. Ohio State's Andrea Braendli stopped 40 of the 42 shots she faced to get the win. Up next for the Gophers is a trip to Madison to take on Wisconsin. Ohio State will travel to Canton, NY, for a big non-league series with St. Lawrence, who knocked off #1 Clarkson last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X