Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I would really like us to take Clarkson down this year especially the way Kassidy Sauve jumped ship to them keeping everyone in the dark about it until it happened. Not a class act thing to do to your teammates because you aren't getting along with your coach and I don't have a high regard for the Clarkson coaches either for going along with how it went down.
    How do you know how this "went down". And as for the Clarkson coaches or any coaching staff for that matter, when you get a kid with the hockey skills of Sauve or Cianfarano that would like to come to your school to complete a post grad degree while continuing to play hockey what are you going to say? Nah we don't want you, you should stay at Ohio State (or Quinnipiac). Give me a break.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      DRAMA!!l!
      Hey, Payback's a Bi*ch and revenge is even sweeter!
      If you want more drama we BEAT Clarkson but had the terrible call that disallowed our goal.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU-fan View Post
        Wow that's heavy!!
        Lol

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          how do you know how this "went down". And as for the clarkson coaches or any coaching staff for that matter, when you get a kid with the hockey skills of sauve or cianfarano that would like to come to your school to complete a post grad degree while continuing to play hockey what are you going to say? Nah we don't want you, you should stay at ohio state (or quinnipiac). Give me a break.
          This!!!!

Comment

If you want more drama we BEAT Clarkson but had the terrible call that disallowed our goal.
            I don't have a dog in this fight but I am very sad that you beat us in the quarterfinals
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

If you want more drama we almost BEAT Clarkson but had a goal disallowed in regulation due to an interference call by the referee and could not get the job done in OT when the eventual TWO TIME DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS won on a beautiful saucer pass from Giguere to Gabel who one timed it pass Sauve.
              Corrected your post . I just love using the words TWO TIME DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS .
              Last edited by vicb; 09-26-2018, 04:32 AM.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

The victory press has a good article about Sauve and the summer. https://t.co/4Ma4UDO5Vt
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  The victory press has a good article about Sauve and the summer. https://t.co/4Ma4UDO5Vt
                  Really an interesting read. Especially getting to know her physical issues on a weekly basis and how she had to deal with those issues both physically and mentally. The other thing we had heard and now confirmed was her wanting to make life easier on her parents from a travel standpoint (4 Hrs to Potsdam vs 7+ Hrs to Columbus). She gets high marks from me on that alone.
                  Last edited by vicb; 09-26-2018, 06:51 AM.
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                    Really an interesting read. Especially getting to know her physical issues on a weekly basis and how she had to deal with those issues both physically and mentally. The other thing we had heard and now confirmed was her wanting to make life easier on her parents from a travel standpoint (4 Hrs to Potsdam vs 7+ Hrs to Columbus). She gets high marks from me on that alone.
                    Being closer to home had to big a huge reason to transfer. Goaltending is especially tough on hips, I can name many current and former NCAA goalies who have underwent surgery to repair one or both hip labrums-it is not only painful before surgery, afterwards usually requires more warm up time and many visits to the trainer. As far as, a previous comment about not getting along with Nadine - I can see that also, Sauve pulled herself from multiple games. I witnessed one game where she skated to the bench and the coach asked her what she was doing and sent her back in. Overall, it is a great opportunity for her, and a chance for Clarkson to go for three in row.

Comment

Originally posted by arenalife View Post
                      As far as, a previous comment about not getting along with Nadine - I can see that also, Sauve pulled herself from multiple games. I witnessed one game where she skated to the bench and the coach asked her what she was doing and sent her back in.
                      I do believe that happened @ UW last year also, UW crushed them 7-0, it was a curious deal.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I do believe that happened @ UW last year also, UW crushed them 7-0, it was a curious deal.
                        Was that before or after the Buckeyes swept you? In any case, I am very happy that we will not have to face her four times this year!

Comment

Just for some balance, I was talking to someone this summer from a different program. They had a very positive perception of Muzerall, particularly how hard she works to game plan for the various opponents. The perception was that not every coach goes that extra mile; OSU’s coach does.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                            They had a very positive perception of Muzerall, particularly how hard she works to game plan for the various opponents.
                            I wonder how much of that might have been Elander, though. When Peter was at UND, Minnesota's coach said that UND would throw the kitchen sink at you, in that you might face different systems in every period. My only slightly-educated guess is that he had more tricks up his sleeve in terms of Xs and Os, just from relative experience with all else being equal, than Muzerall. I can see Muzzy working hard, but I don't know that scheming is her strength relative to other coaches.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              I wonder how much of that might have been Elander, though. When Peter was at UND, Minnesota's coach said that UND would throw the kitchen sink at you, in that you might face different systems in every period. My only slightly-educated guess is that he had more tricks up his sleeve in terms of Xs and Os, just from relative experience with all else being equal, than Muzerall. I can see Muzzy working hard, but I don't know that scheming is her strength relative to other coaches.
                              I don’t agree with this take, although it’s possible. Elander came from a UND program that was .500 the year before. UND has losses to Syracuse, I think Lindenwood, and tied Mercyhurst that last season. None of those were top ten teams that year. But Elander is the reason for OSU’s success last year, even though he came from a .500 team?

There was a lot happening at OSU last year - great freshman class, UND gone, Olympic year, addition of Elander, first time the women had a 2nd year coach in 3 years. It’s difficult to say exactly why they finally had a winning record, but I don’t see any reason to be so doubtful of Muzerall.

Muzerall mentored under Frost and Johnson right? That’s another reason to believe she should have every ability to be a capable coach.
                              Last edited by Lindsay; 09-26-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                                But Elander is the reason for OSU’s success last year, even though he came from a .500 team?
                                I didn't say that; I was speaking specifically about Xs and Os and gameplanning. IMO, that was a key element that he brought to the staff last season. I'm not arguing with you about Nadine's contributions. The turnaround at OSU started in her first year, when Elander wasn't even there. My previous comments were only about systems.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X