Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Luke Skywalker 3. Darth Vader 2. Good triumphs over evil.
    So was today "The Empire strikes back?"

Comment

Ohio State flexed their muscles earlier today with a 6-1 win over St. Lawrence. Five different Buckeyes scored in the game. Jacyn Reeves opened the scoring for the Bucks, then Charly Dahlquist added another goal to put the Bucks up 2-0. St. Lawrence got a power play goal from Lydia Grauer to cut Ohio State's lead in half at 2-1. Charly Dahlquist added another goal to put Ohio State up 3-1 and that is how the first period would end. Ohio State's Sara Saekkinen scored her first goal as a Buckeye in the second period to put the Bucks up 4-1. Tatum Skaggs would get a goal later in the period to send Ohio State into the second intermission up 5-1. The only scoring in the third period came on an empty-netter from Ohio State's Emma Maltais. St. Lawrence outshot Ohio State 43-23. The shots on goal were fairly even through two periods, then the Saints made a big push in the third period and outshot the Buckeyes 22-4 in the third period. Ohio State Coach Nadine Muzerall was not happy with the third period and said in the postgame interview, "We played like a team that was up 5-1." Buckeye netminder Andrea Braendli stopped 42 of the 43 shots from St. Lawrence. Sonjia Shelly stopped 17 of the 22 shots she faced. Ohio State returns to WCHA action next weekend when they host St. Cloud. The Saints will take on RPI and Union next weekend.

Comment

I could actually read the numbers of the Imperial Guards...

https://youtu.be/CefWVh0rqEc
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by HarryFoodTech View Post
          So was today "The Empire strikes back?"
          Yeah, but from what osualum86 posted the Empire was on strike from the "strikes back" part in the 3rd period.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            I could actually read the numbers of the Imperial Guards...

https://youtu.be/CefWVh0rqEc
            That was a nice little highlight video on the St. Lawrence website. I actually shared that on the Scarlet Liners facebook page. It's not everyday that the opposing team has a highlight video that shows all the highlights and not just their team.

I didn't stream the game or anything, but just from the postgame interview with Coach Nadine, she was not thrilled with our third period. Think Coach wants to see us play a full 60. Can't wait to get to the OSU Ice Rink Friday night. The only downside this weekend is it is another home football Saturday and the football game is vs Nebraska so it's a noon game. Women's Hockey starts at 3:00, so we'll have to get up at the crack of dawn and pay $20 for parking if we want to get a good parking spot. Then we will have several hours to kill until the hockey game starts. Normally, there is only one Saturday where football is home. This season, there have been three of them. Thankfully this is the last one. After this one, we will be able to park in the normal lot right next to the ice rink.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              The only downside this weekend is it is another home football Saturday and the football game is vs Nebraska so it's a noon game. Women's Hockey starts at 3:00, so we'll have to get up at the crack of dawn and pay $20 for parking if we want to get a good parking spot. Then we will have several hours to kill until the hockey game starts.
              Might I suggest a nice long nap in the car? At my age they come pretty easily!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                Might I suggest a nice long nap in the car? At my age they come pretty easily!
                Or we could go to Skull Session and do some tailgating, there's that! I hear you on the nap thing, though! I am at the age where that would come easily, too!!!

Comment

So what does Jincy Dunne have to do to crack the USA roster. It’s a travesty! Not playing for Minny, BC or Wisconsin seems to punish players. I’m a fan and love watching her play when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                    So what does Jincy Dunne have to do to crack the USA roster. It’s a travesty! Not playing for Minny, BC or Wisconsin seems to punish players. I’m a fan and love watching her play when I can.
                    Kind of funny...she was the darling of USA Hockey growing up - gracing the magazine cover three times (if recollection serves me right)

Comment

Originally posted by arenalife View Post
                      Kind of funny...she was the darling of USA Hockey growing up - gracing the magazine cover three times (if recollection serves me right)
                      Some players just peak too soon

Comment

Not playing for Minny, BC or Wisconsin seems to punish players.
                        Rather than treat this as a problem to be solved, I prefer to use it as a recruiting tool.

Comment

Minny, BC or Wisconsin
                          One of these is not the same as the others...

Comment

Best player in the NCAA.

Comment

She is a good player but here https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...hockey-players is the list of schools sending olympic team members in order of palyers
                              UM
                              Harvard
                              UW
                              Providence
                              BC
                              Brown
                              New Hampshire
                              Dartmouth
                              UMD
                              Northeastern
                              UND
                              OSU
                              Princeton
                              Robert Morris
                              Yale
                              Vermont
                              Lindenwood

Maybe it is not the school they go to that makes the call. The differences at that level are tiny & not every cut is justifiable so there is no way to be sure. Maybe just enjoy watching her now.

Rachel Ramsey never played on the national team and I suspect it wsa not because they didn't ask her to tryout.

Comment

Roster spots are zero sum; if you think Dunne should be on the roster, who do think should not be?

Comment

Working...
                                X