Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

MJ mentioned in his kinda weekly press conference that OSU's rink is smaller than typical. What are the rink dimensions?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      MJ mentioned in his kinda weekly press conference that OSU's rink is smaller than typical. What are the rink dimensions?
      It used to be short but a number of years ago they shrunk the south stands to 3 rows so it could be extended. It's now officially listed as 200 x 85.
      When the men's team played at ASU earlier this season in their old barn it was almost a twin of the OSU women's barn.
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-09-2019, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        It used to be short but a number of years ago they shrunk the south stands to 3 rows so it could be extended. It's now officially listed as 200 x 85.
        When the men's team played at ASU earlier this season in their old barn it was almost a twin of the OSU women's barn.
        Older article on rink sizes, but still relevant today:
        https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sp...are-going-away
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Thanks.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Wisconsin will look to keep on rolling this weekend. If we can get the wins against a team like Wisconsin it will be a defining moment for this year's team.
            We've shown moments of greatness with just as many moments of inconsistency.

Comment

After thinking about it MJ could have been referring to the very low ceiling.

Comment

Johnson and other coaches have been saying that for years. The OSU Ice Rink has been 200 x 85 since the late 90's when they renovated it, same size as the Schott and Nationwide Arena downtown where our NHL team plays.

Comment

Wisconsin will look to keep on rolling this weekend. If we can get the wins against a team like Wisconsin it will be a defining moment for this year's team.
                  We've shown moments of greatness with just as many moments of inconsistency.
                  We need to at least get one of these. We have finally gotten ourselves into the top four of the PairWise. Need to stay there so we can host an NCAA Quarterfinal game. Saint Anselm is actually listed at third, but as Eeyore said earlier in this thread, they are not eligible, and no one is sure why they are listed at third. I agree with you that this team has been great at times this season, but they have also had some head-scratching losses like the sweep at Bemidji. Getting beat at Minnesota State and at St. Lawrence come to mind as well. The St. Lawrence loss looks worse now that they have slipped below .500 and out of the polls. I don't have a problem with the loss at Minnesota or even the loss at home vs Colgate, although honestly, we should have beaten Colgate at home. After a hard-fought 4-3 win in the Friday night game vs Colgate, we jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the Saturday game, then took our foot off the gas and gave up 5 unanswered goals to lose 5-2. But yeah, great wins, great season so far, but need to be more consistent. If we want that home game in the quarterfinals, which is an attainable goal at this point, we need some wins over Wisconsin and Minnesota, and we need to beat the teams we are supposed to beat.
                  Last edited by osualum86; 01-09-2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

It tears me that I won't see these games this weekend. I have commitments Saturday afternoon and no way I can miss the men's team play TTUN!

Comment

Well, since we're taking attendance...

Last year I was perfect for the Buckeye Women; I made every home game. According to current plans, I'll only miss one game in 2018-19. Unhappily, it's the Friday evening Badger game. Now I'm sure the Stars will be shining brightly tomorrow night. But the astronomer will be away from the telescope.

Saturday? I'll be there. I'm told we're expecting 3 inches of snow that day. Don't care if it's 13 inches of snow. I'll be there!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                        Well, since we're taking attendance...

Last year I was perfect for the Buckeye Women; I made every home game. According to current plans, I'll only miss one game in 2018-19. Unhappily, it's the Friday evening Badger game. Now I'm sure the Stars will be shining brightly tomorrow night. But the astronomer will be away from the telescope.

Saturday? I'll be there. I'm told we're expecting 3 inches of snow that day. Don't care if it's 13 inches of snow. I'll be there!
                        A true women's hockey fan, and home team supporter! Sure wish we had more of them, just like you, pgb-ohio.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                          Now I'm sure the Stars will be shining brightly tomorrow night. But the astronomer will be away from the telescope.
                          In that case, I think you should give us an abbreviated 3 Stars in advance. Here is my attempt with the lens cap still on the telescope, and no honorable mentions, because 3 means 3, and I have no honor to spare.

#3 Annie Pankowski: that empty-net goal looks like a line drive in the box score;
                          #2 Andrea Brändli: made a lot of saves, but now she knows why Kassidy Sauvé got tired of playing the Badgers;
                          #1 Abby Roque: although it might be Sophie Shirley, as the prognostication algorithm I'm using hashes #18 and #9 into the same bucket.

If these prove to be way off, sorry, but I'm just so preoccupied with concern over the crisis at our southern border.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

To quote the Gopher Play-By-Play-Guy, "Big Win for Ohio State" 1-0!!

Concern over the southern border has a lot of prognosticators off their game I bet. And of course there is the wonderful Jayme Closs news! ARM did have #2 half right, Brandli with 32 saves.
                            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-11-2019, 08:11 PM. Reason: Hope it's not a day of upsets.
                            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

You can hear crickets on the Wisconsin thread.

Comment

You can hear crickets on the Wisconsin thread.
                                Wisconsin has lost two 1-0 games against two of the best teams in the country in Minnesota and Ohio State. Not much to be too concerned about there except maybe lack of scoring.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X