Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    We're counting on you and your friends to cheer us on Friday!
    Sure. Something like, "I hope that the team has a safe flight on Friday?"
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Sure. Something like, "I hope that the team has a safe flight on Friday?"
      LOL, yeah, that's what I get for not checking the dates! You got me on that! For some reason, I had it in my head that it was a Friday/Saturday affair. I'll have to go back and do some editing on my earlier post. Really hope the girls come through on Saturday. I am just not ready for the season to be over yet. I want to take another road trip the weekend of 3/15!
      Last edited by osualum86; 03-04-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        For some reason, I had it in my head that it was a Friday/Saturday affair.
        There were years when it was. I'd say most recently in 2014. I think that a couple of the problems with Friday/Saturday were the early Friday start time for the first semi, and its not as kid friendly if one gets prolonged OT. I liked the atmosphere better with Fri/Sat, but I'll be there either way, so why try to please me?

Good luck to your kids! (more sincerely this time)

Comment

There were years when it was. I'd say most recently in 2014. I think that a couple of the problems with Friday/Saturday were the early Friday start time for the first semi, and its not as kid friendly if one gets prolonged OT. I liked the atmosphere better with Fri/Sat, but I'll be there either way, so why try to please me?
          There's just something special about a hockey championship game on a Saturday night. Sunday Matinees aren't the same. Too often a little bit of intensity is lost on the ice, in the stands, or both.

Can't say exactly why. Maybe it has something to do with anticipation, & the excitement of the day building toward a crescendo. Or maybe habit & tradition just become self-fulfilling prophecies. Whatever the cause, I'm with you; the atmosphere is better with the Fri/Sat format.

Comment

Personally, I think that the appeal of a Saturday night final dates back to the MN State HS tourney. Maybe it's a Pavlovian conditioned response.

Comment

Personally, I think that the appeal of a Saturday night final dates back to the MN State HS tourney. Maybe it's a Pavlovian conditioned response.
              As anyone with State of Minnesota connections knows: The HS Tourney is an amazing event, which great has made great use of Saturdays for championship games for many decades.

But I think it's more universal than that. Historically, I believe high school & college sports across the US used to avoid Sunday competitions to the maximum extent possible. At least at the college level, those days are gone. But maybe Saturday "feels right" because of that history.

Might need some help from Blackbeard or SteveP on the next one, but wasn't Hockey Night In Canada originally a Saturday evening tradition?

Finally, I'd point to the Men's Frozen Four. For several years in the 1990's, NCAA Hockey tried to dodge March Madness telecasts by starting the title games are oddly early times (Example: Providence 1995) or shifting to Sunday. (Example: Detroit 1990) The event always seemed to suffer. Ultimately the Frozen Four was moved to the following weekend, allowing for unencumbered use of Saturday night. Good solution, IMHO.

Maybe we really are just Pavlovian Dogs. Woof! But regardless of where the conditioning came from, Saturday night is definitely my 1st Choice for title games.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                Maybe we really are just Pavlovian Dogs. Woof! But regardless of where the conditioning came from, Saturday night is definitely my 1st Choice for title games.
                Call me one of the Pavlovian Dogs ... I am in agreement with my fellow canines regarding those Saturday night Title Games.

Comment

I couldn't find any info, will streaming, paid or otherwise of our game be available?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    I couldn't find any info, will streaming, paid or otherwise of our game be available?
                    The Minn women team's web page says the semis will be available as free web streams through WCHA.com (though I haven't seen links there yet), and the final will be televised on Fox Sports North (ie in Minn) and Fox Sports Wisconsin and on FoxSportsGo streaming. In addition, pay service FloHockey lists the games as being available there.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      The Minn women team's web page says the semis will be available as free web streams through WCHA.com (though I haven't seen links there yet), and the final will be televised on Fox Sports North (ie in Minn) and Fox Sports Wisconsin and on FoxSportsGo streaming. In addition, pay service FloHockey lists the games as being available there.
                      Thanks!

Comment

Looks like the only way to watch is pay on FloHockey and it seems the only option is a yearly subscription. Saw nothing about purchasing individual games.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          Looks like the only way to watch is pay on FloHockey and it seems the only option is a yearly subscription. Saw nothing about purchasing individual games.
                          Even though I'll be at Ridder in person today I'm glad I purchased the Flo Hockey yearly subscription. I believe I got my money's worth out of it.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

BTN2GO shows they will be streaming the UM / UMD game!! Don't know if it will happen.

Comment

BTN2Go has the OSU game!
                              https://www.btn2go.com/game/wcha-sem...e-vs-wisconsin

Comment

1-1 after the first! This game has potential. Wisconsin couldn't score without the help of a PP.

Comment

Working...
                                X