Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Enjoyed both links; thanks for posting them.

It was great to hear Keith Jackson's call of the Terry Glenn catch. And the timing of the Regis Philbin sideline interview was hilarious, at least from a Buckeye perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
      Enjoyed both links; thanks for posting them.

It was great to hear Keith Jackson's call of the Terry Glenn catch. And the timing of the Regis Philbin sideline interview was hilarious, at least from a Buckeye perspective.
      The Regis Philbin interview on that is comedic gold ... "We're gonna win, we got a lock on it!"

I know bringing football stuff into uscho.com is taboo, but we have to do something to pass the time in the offseason. Saw some of my girls at the Men's game today vs Penn State. After the way the guys laid an egg out there, that was definitely the highlight of the day!! The girls were in good spirits and are ready to get back at it next season. They were also pretty stoked about the recruits coming in. I am not going to make any bold predictions for next season, but with another great recruiting class coming in, we will certainly be deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        I know bringing football stuff into uscho.com is taboo, but we have to do something to pass the time in the offseason.
        Football stuff is clearly OK in the Café. Most of the time College Football & NFL Football each have their own thread. I would agree that posters should strive to find the appropriate thread. In other words, try to stay on subject, as opposed to free associating.

Perhaps more to the point: IMHO, OSU stuff is always fine in an OSU thread, including Football. Guests should always be welcomed, but it's our space. Granted, one should refrain from bringing up non-hockey sports on another team's thread.

Here on the Women's Hockey Board we tend to blur these lines a bit, simply to find people to talk to. After all, there are only 17 of us.

Saw some of my girls at the Men's game today vs Penn State. After the way the guys laid an egg out there, that was definitely the highlight of the day!! The girls were in good spirits and are ready to get back at it next season. They were also pretty stoked about the recruits coming in.
        Great to hear!

They have every reason to be proud of a Top 10 season. There's no such thing as a Top 10 Banner, or at least there shouldn't be. But Top 10 status does reflect a season of many accomplishments.

I am not going to make any bold predictions for next season, but with another great recruiting class coming in, we will certainly be deeper.
        As a matter of personal preference, I almost never make predictions. I'm not a Joe Namath type guy, and don't want to be. Oops, another Football reference. Let's make that I'm not a Mark Messier type guy, and don't want to be! I do make exceptions at tournament time, at least when I can post as a neutral fan of the sport.

Comment

Great to hear!

They have every reason to be proud of a Top 10 season. There's no such thing as a Top 10 Banner, or at least there shouldn't be. But Top 10 status does reflect a season of many accomplishments.
          Totally agree. It was tough to see the season end a week or two before the girls wanted it to, but yeah, finishing in the top ten is something to celebrate! The girls should be proud of what they have accomplished. A Frozen Four appearance, two 20-win seasons in a row ... clearly the current group of girls have raised the bar. I think Aubrey Nelson of ElevenWarriors.com said it best in a recent article. I will link it here.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...is-on-the-rise

I really enjoy Aubrey's stories on OSU Women's Hockey, and also the ones Alison Lukan writes on The Athletic.

Comment

Hello Buc's fans. Just checking in to see if there is anything going on or any interesting news so far this off season?

Comment

Good article that charts the progress the program has made under Coach Muserall's leadership.

Women’s Hockey: Muzerall’s magic continues to propel historic Buckeye turnaround
              https://www.thelantern.com/2019/05/w...ye-turnaround/
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Good article that charts the progress the program has made under Coach Muserall's leadership.

Women’s Hockey: Muzerall’s magic continues to propel historic Buckeye turnaround
                https://www.thelantern.com/2019/05/w...ye-turnaround/
                She doesn’t love herself at all!

Comment

"countless hours spent with her brother and father shooting pucks at her garage door is what Muzerall said honed the skills"

from my observation, girls just don't seem to do this as much as boys (maybe a good thing as far as their grades are concerned)
                  if there is one thing IMO that needs work, it's the shooting of girls

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                    ...if there is one thing IMO that needs work, it's the shooting of girls
                    The shooting of girls, or any living person for that matter, is typically frowned upon by most law enforcement agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Milty View Post
                      Hello Buc's fans. Just checking in to see if there is anything going on or any interesting news so far this off season?
                      Thankfully, the team and coaching staff appear to be intact in this offseason, except for goaltender Amanda Zeglen, who is going to transfer to Clarkson. I don't blame her. It's Andrea Braendli's net, Lynsey Wallace is a talented sophomore goaltender (will be a junior this fall, actually), and we're bringing in Quinn Kuntz from Warroad MN (.960 save percentage, .77 goals against average) this fall. So, basically, it was a numbers thing, and I don't blame Amanda for going somewhere she can play right away. I said it on the transfer thread, I think she will do well at Clarkson and I wish her the best. Other than Amanda, I have not heard of any other defections ... players or coaches. Thankfully, it has actually been relatively quiet this offseason (compared to previous years).

Comment

I just saw that Ohio State is playing in Hockey Day in Minnesota? Is this true? I thought Hockey Day Minnesota was for Minnesota teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Milty View Post
                          I just saw that Ohio State is playing in Hockey Day in Minnesota? Is this true? I thought Hockey Day Minnesota was for Minnesota teams?
                          Well, at the NHL Level, a non-Minnesota team is a necessity. Unless you want the Wild to play an intra-squad game.

At the D-1 Level, obviously they have in-state options. I don't know if the Buckeyes were recruited to be a participant, or if the WCHA schedule just had us playing in MN that weekend by luck of the draw. Someone from MN may know the answer to that.

Regardless, I do believe it's a plus. It's an honor to be part of the event. It may give a little assist to recruiting efforts in MN. For fans with satellite or cable access to FSN North, it will be chance for us to see the team play on TV. Multiple selling points, no real downside.

Comment

At the D-1 Level, obviously they have in-state options. I don't know if the Buckeyes were recruited to be a participant, or if the WCHA schedule just had us playing in MN that weekend by luck of the draw. Someone from MN may know the answer to that.
                            As far as I can remember, this is the first time that GWH has been a participant in Hockey Day MN. No previous outdoor games nor inclusion in the TV package. Perhaps they've received the odd mention during the men's game, such as, "The Gopher women are in action next door in Ridder." So I'd say, luck of the draw.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              As far as I can remember, this is the first time that GWH has been a participant in Hockey Day MN. No previous outdoor games nor inclusion in the TV package. Perhaps they've received the odd mention during the men's game, such as, "The Gopher women are in action next door in Ridder." So I'd say, luck of the draw.
                              It's easy to believe that the organizers just worked with the pre-existing WCHA schedule; hence luck of the draw.

I'm shocked, though, that this is the first time GWH has ever participated. I'd have thought GWH would be an attractive option in any year. Of course with Minneapolis as the upcoming host city, it's an even better fit than usual.

Anyhow, I'm glad it worked out -- for both schools.

Comment

Should be a great addition to the Buckeyes' coaching staff.

https://buckeyeswire.usatoday.com/20...west-to-staff/
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X