St. Norbert 2018-19 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Norbert 2018-19 Season

A night after winning in OT, SNC blows a late lead and MSOE wins in overtime 3-2
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
      A night after winning in OT, SNC blows a late lead and MSOE wins in overtime 3-2
      An MSOE team that lost to Finlandia the night before.
      5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

SNC built a 2-1 lead after two. UWEC outplayed SNC in the third but the knights held on for the 2-1 win. Good non-con win
        ---

Comment

I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk about Saturday's game. I wasn't able to make it over there this year but watched on snc video and thought it was a fantastic game. Two very even teams and both had good chances but both goalies also played very well and made some huge saves. I came away thinking a tie was a pretty fair result to a great game. I was also a bit surprised that snc still has that terrible color guy on the air which is too bad as the other guy is really really good and calls a really good game. As probably the top d3 program in the country I'm surprised snc are not embarrassed to have someone like that on the air.
          I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
            I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk about Saturday's game. I wasn't able to make it over there this year but watched on snc video and thought it was a fantastic game. Two very even teams and both had good chances but both goalies also played very well and made some huge saves. I came away thinking a tie was a pretty fair result to a great game. I was also a bit surprised that snc still has that terrible color guy on the air which is too bad as the other guy is really really good and calls a really good game. As probably the top d3 program in the country I'm surprised snc are not embarrassed to have someone like that on the air.
            First, as the PBP guy for SNC hockey, thank you for watching and listening and for the kind words. As you can see by my # of posts, I generally stay off of the boards, but after being made aware of this post I wanted to offer some perspective. Chris Spiering, the color commentator you refer to here, eats and breathes hockey as a rec league player, SNC superfan, and Edmonton Oiler apologist. He offers a perspective on the game that I, as someone who can skate but can't stop, do not have insight into.
            More importantly, he is loved by the players, their families, and the SNC Hockey program. He travels to nearly all road games and does so on his own dime, purely out of love for the game and SNC hockey. He is paid nothing outside of gratitude, and is the kind of guy that every program wants around. This is not offered in defensiveness, as you certainly have the right to your own opinion and also to express it here, I just wanted to offer you and others a glimpse of Chris' value to both the broadcast and the program. Thanks for reading.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
              If we're thinking of the same guy, then you might be the only person who thinks that. Last year I referred to Norwich's color guy as the best in the business and was immediately assaulted by the SNC faithful saying that theirs is the best, or at least worthy of consideration. So I don't think embarrassed is the general feeling among the fan base. Quite the opposite from my experience.
              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by bango3 View Post
                First, as the PBP guy for SNC hockey, thank you for watching and listening and for the kind words. As you can see by my # of posts, I generally stay off of the boards, but after being made aware of this post I wanted to offer some perspective. Chris Spiering, the color commentator you refer to here, eats and breathes hockey as a rec league player, SNC superfan, and Edmonton Oiler apologist. He offers a perspective on the game that I, as someone who can skate but can't stop, do not have insight into.
                More importantly, he is loved by the players, their families, and the SNC Hockey program. He travels to nearly all road games and does so on his own dime, purely out of love for the game and SNC hockey. He is paid nothing outside of gratitude, and is the kind of guy that every program wants around. This is not offered in defensiveness, as you certainly have the right to your own opinion and also to express it here, I just wanted to offer you and others a glimpse of Chris' value to both the broadcast and the program. Thanks for reading.
                My comments were not intended to extend to the apparent patron saint of norberts hockey that you felt compelled to describe in what was certainly defensiveness. I watched a great game between two great teams and said I was surprised such a top flight program kept such terrible color guy around. Anyone else can listen to a game and decide for themselves but I think he's terrible to the point of embarrassing and I said so. I'm not sure what that has to do with how many Valentine's cards the parents send him.
                I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                  If we're thinking of the same guy, then you might be the only person who thinks that. Last year I referred to Norwich's color guy as the best in the business and was immediately assaulted by the SNC faithful saying that theirs is the best, or at least worthy of consideration. So I don't think embarrassed is the general feeling among the fan base. Quite the opposite from my experience.
                  Rationalization is a powerful thing.
                  I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

I think both Tim and Chris do a fantastic job.

Comment

I loved the pace of play during Saturday's game against Neumann. The game had a playoff caliber feel, at least for the first two periods. I thought that Bontorin did a great job in net.

ETA: I would not have guessed that Neumann was winless on the year until I looked at the box score just now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                        I loved the pace of play during Saturday's game against Neumann. The game had a playoff caliber feel, at least for the first two periods. I thought that Bontorin did a great job in net.

ETA: I would not have guessed that Neumann was winless on the year until I looked at the box score just now.
                        Agreed....thought he settled in well, after giving up the early PP goal...
                        SNC Men:
                        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                        SNC Women:
                        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Lawrence is 1-for-41 (2.4 percent) on the power play
                          And I thought SNC's power play was struggling.

Comment

slow start tonight for SNC - just one SOG in the first 15 minutes, although Marian just had 2 in that time - but eventually got it going enough for a 5-0 win

Now 47-1-1 all time against Lawrence, and 27-1-2 all time vs. Marian.
                            ---

Comment

SNC has picked up a D1 D man transfer from Colorado College......Keenan Spillum
                              6' 3", 191#.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...keenan-spillum
                              SNC Men:
                              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                              SNC Women:
                              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                                SNC has picked up a D1 D man transfer from Colorado College......Keenan Spillum
                                6' 3", 191#.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...keenan-spillum
                                Dman isnt gonna help you much when scoring is whats lacking on that team.

Comment

Working...
                                X