Yale Bulldogs 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale Bulldogs 2018-2019

Looks like there could be some immediate help from the incoming class. Yale picked for the lower middle of the pack by the Coaches and media. Goalie will be a huge question mark this season.
    CLASS OF 2022 YALE ROSTER

NAME POS. HT. WT. HOMETOWN/PREVIOUS TEAM

Curtis Hall F 6-3 197 Chagrin Falls, OH/Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)

Kyle Johnson F 5-11 180 Port Moody, BC/Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL)

Graham Lillibridge D 5-9 160 Geneva, IL/Chicago Steel (USHL)

Justin Pearson F 6-1 185 Nashua, NH/Islanders Hockey Club (USPHL)

Jack St. Ivany D 6-2 195 Manhattan Beach, CA/Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL)

Curtis Hall

6'3, 197

Forward

Chagrin Falls, Ohio

Ursuline High School

At Youngstown Phantoms (USHL): Played 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons… Tallied 52 points in 113 games over the two seasons… Named to the All-Rookie 2nd Team in 2016-17… Selected to the 2017 USA Hockey/All-American Prospects Game and the USHL's Top Prospect Game.

International: Represented Team USA at 2017 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup… Played for U.S. Junior Select Team competing at World Junior A Challenge.

Personal: Also played one year of high school lacrosse…Enjoys golf and waterskiing…Father, Michael, played hockey at Bowling Green University, followed by five seasons in the ECHL, AHL, and IHL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4iHNDI5_oQ

Kyle Johnson

5'11, 180

Forward

Port Moody, British Columbia

Heritage Woods Secondary/Prince George Secondary

At Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL): Scored 107 points in 151 games over 3 seasons… Named MVP in 2015-16 season… Represented Team Canada West in World Junior A Challenge in 2016 and 2017… Assistant Captain of Canada West team in 2017 that won gold medal… Captained Prince George in 2017-18 season and led team to BCHL runner-up finish.

At Vancouver Northeast Chiefs (BCMML): Totaled 48 points in 40 games in 2014-15 season… Won BC Major Midget League Championship… BCMML top playoff scorer with 15 points in 6 games.

Personal: Named to Principal's List at Prince George Secondary … Received BC Provincial Government Achievement Scholarship… Father, Jay, ran track at University of Portland and Simon Fraser University… Interested in psychology and health and nutrition.

Graham Lillibridge

5'9, 160

Defense

Geneva, Illinois

Geneva Community High School

At Chicago Steel (USHL): Played first USHL season with Muskegon Lumberjacks, tallied 12 points in 47 games… Played for Steel from 2016-18… Totaled 73 points in 115 games… Won 2016-17 USHL Clark Cup Championship… Named 2017 USHL Co-Scholar-Athlete of the Year and was selected for the USHL All-Academic Team… Played on 2017 USA Junior Select Team for World Junior A Challenge… Played in 2018 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game… Served as Alternate Captain for 2017-18 season… Had 41 assists and 45 points in 56 games… Helped team reach Eastern Conference Semifinals.

At Geneva Community High School: In golf, was Upstate Eight All-Conference in 2013, O-K Black Division All-Conference in 2016, MHSAA 1st Team All-State in 2016… Earned High Honor Roll all four years of high school, one year at Mona Shores High School in Michigan… Also received Illinois State Scholar awards.

Personal: Sister, Darby, will play golf at Quinnipiac University… Interested in economics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h939XkOk_Y4

Justin Pearson

6'1, 185

Forward

Nashua, New Hampshire

Bishop Guertin High School

At Islanders Hockey Club: Tallied 32 points in 31 games at U-18 level for 2015-16 Season… Played in USPHL U-18 All Star Game… Won Founders Cup regular season title in 2017 and 2018… Won Dineen Cup in 2017 and 2018… Scored 98 points in 100 games over last two seasons with the Islanders Hockey Club.

At Bishop Guertin High School (Nashua, N.H.): Played four seasons for Bishop Guertin… Served as captain senior year scoring 54 points in 18 games… Named All-State, Nashua Telegraph Player of the State and Team MVP two seasons in a row… Won NH Division 1 State Championship in 2015… Runner-up in 2016… Played Lacrosse as a midfielder

Personal: Received President's Award for Educational Excellence and NHIAA Scholar-Athlete Award… National Honors Society and Spanish National Honors Society… Enjoys golf, hiking, and traveling… Interested in economics.

Jack St. Ivany

6'2", 195

Defense

Manhattan Beach, CA

Mira Costa High School/ Roosevelt High School

At Los Angeles Jr. Kings: Scored 24 points in 63 games over two seasons from 2014 to 2016… Served as Alternate Captain… 2016 USA Hockey Pacific District Champion.

At Sioux Falls Stampede: Scored 49 points in 109 games over two seasons from 2016 to 2018… World Junior A Challenge Silver Medalist in 2017… Played on the USHL Third All-Star Team for the 2017-2018 season… Alternate Captain for the 2017 season… Played in USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in 2017 and 2018.

International: Played for Team USA 19u competing at World Junior A Challenge in 2019… tallied 2 points in 5 games.

At Mira Costa High School: California Amateur Hockey Association Scholar Athlete from 2014 to 2016… Mira Costa High School Scholar Athlete from 2014 to 2016… California Scholarship Federation Award Recipient in 2015.

Personal: Enjoys surfing, golf, and music... Interested in political science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zix1g3jpRoo
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: Yale Bulldogs 2018-2019

Hello everyone! It might be a little early for it, but I'm pumped, so I've kicked off this year's ECAC Pick the Standings contest! If you are somehow new here, it's a super simple game where you just predict the standings and whoever is closest wins like $1000 gets to brag about it in their signature forever. Join in!
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Just popping in to advertise the ECAC Pick the Standings contest again. It's a super simple game that takes like 1 minute of thought to play. Entrance is allowed through the first ECAC matches at the end of the month, but feel free to make a guess now and revise later. Thanks!
      RPI Pep Band
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Plugging the ECAC Pick the Standings contest again. All you have to do is guess what the final standings will be! Entries close in a couple weeks when the puck drops on the conference slate. Thanks!
        RPI Pep Band
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Probably the second-to-last time that I'll spam the ECAC Pick the Standings contest. Only one week remains until the first ECAC contest of the season, so get your picks (or revisions) in soon!
          RPI Pep Band
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

In 24 hours, the first matches of the conference schedule will be over and you will no longer be able to enter the ECAC Pick the Standings contest (or change your picks if you already entered). It takes very little time to enter, so head on over to the thread and make your pick!
            RPI Pep Band
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Here we go. I have ESPN+ (which I got for football) so I will be able to watch tonight's game and any game between Ivy teams. Looking forward to the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                Here we go. I have ESPN+ (which I got for football) so I will be able to watch tonight's game and any game between Ivy teams. Looking forward to the season.
                Just an FYI ESPN+ will let you wach any game against a ECAC team not just the Ivy's

Comment

Originally posted by Turk View Post
                  Just an FYI ESPN+ will let you wach any game against a ECAC team not just the Ivy's
                  Thanks for the info

Comment

Yale wins 3-2. Certainly some things to work on. The power play. They looked better at even strength then during a lot of their PP chances. Also, Brown seemed quicker. Not sure that's something you can fix.

Snively picks up where he left off.

Comment

Yale wins 3-2. Certainly some things to work on. The power play. They looked better at even strength then during a lot of their PP chances. Also, Brown seemed quicker. Not sure that's something you can fix.

Snively picks up where he left off.
                      I watched the game on the excellent quality ESPN+ feed. Same old Bruno announcer, minus his color man. The same announcer mentioned that the Yale defense kept Brown to the perimeter for most of the night. I take that as a good sign for Yale. The addition of St. Ivany and Lillibridge who both played very well will be an immediate assist to this team. The new forwards seemed to be out of sorts, which should be expected during a first game. Luke Stevens was credited for the redirect on the winning goal. I hope to see many more of those during his time at Yale, park that boy netfront!
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

I was not able to watch either game this weekend, hopefully I will be able to catch the replays on ESPN+, but based strictly on the box scores, Yale had a pretty good weekend.

A decent comeback against Cornell fell a little short then a nice win against Colgate for the two points.

And 4 for 8 on the PP for the weekend. Snively, once again, all over the box score.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                          I watched the game on the excellent quality ESPN+ feed. Same old Bruno announcer, minus his color man. The same announcer mentioned that the Yale defense kept Brown to the perimeter for most of the night. I take that as a good sign for Yale. The addition of St. Ivany and Lillibridge who both played very well will be an immediate assist to this team. The new forwards seemed to be out of sorts, which should be expected during a first game. Luke Stevens was credited for the redirect on the winning goal. I hope to see many more of those during his time at Yale, park that boy netfront!
                          Yale did outplay Cornell for more than half of the game,
                          Once Kaz settled in, the team got better. I am very enthusiastic about the new players, especially Hall. He has good size and scored twice during the Colgate game while tying up the other teams netfront. Excited about the team this year.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale-Harvard on ESPN+

Experiencing technical difficulties.

Comment

Yale-Harvard on ESPN+

Experiencing technical difficulties.
                              Was able to watch the last two periods.

A fun game to watch between two good teams.

Snively with another big goal for the tie.

The 4 on 4 goal late in the 2nd really hurt

Comment

Working...
                              X