Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Being from Toledo as well (C-bus now after 25 yrs in Chicagoland-go Sox!) all I know is I ***** hate UT. I wish they had a D1 team so we could kick the ever loving ***** out of them. Then I'd tell my high school friends to blow me.

Sorry, got carried away. Looking forward to the two games. Always like seeing games in the Schott. Our back end is solid, we return both goaltenders and all our D-men. We send in two forecheckers and have scored quite a few goals off of turnovers in our opponents D-zone. We're very aggressive on the PK--you're going to have to move the puck quickly. We are very opportunistic on offense, seem to score on a lot of rebounds. I watched both of the UMass games this past weekend. Should be a good series.
    that aggressive play has been a staple of Bergeron since he came to BG. Should be interesting to see how this veteran Buckeye team handles the pressure BG will put on them.

Comment

Question for our BG visitors. Any fear that Bergeron leaves for Miami? I don't think Miami has the funds to buy out Blasi, but I'd guess that Bergeron would be their first choice if they did. I really don't see any reason for him to leave other than the step up in conference quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
        Question for our BG visitors. Any fear that Bergeron leaves for Miami? I don't think Miami has the funds to buy out Blasi, but I'd guess that Bergeron would be their first choice if they did. I really don't see any reason for him to leave other than the step up in conference quality.
        Miami State University does indeed lack the funds to buy out Enrico Palazzo and the postings on their message board lament that fact on a regular basis. Whether Bergeron's interested in returning or not is something people close to our program might now (I'm simply a fan who gets info secondhand from wherever it's posted). All I can say is the Miami State faithful believe Berge is their savior in waiting. The good news from my perspective is that our program is in very good shape so if he does leave we're an attractive school for solid coaching candidates to consider.

Comment

Miami State University does indeed lack the funds to buy out Enrico Palazzo and the postings on their message board lament that fact on a regular basis. Whether Bergeron's interested in returning or not is something people close to our program might now (I'm simply a fan who gets info secondhand from wherever it's posted). All I can say is the Miami State faithful believe Berge is their savior in waiting. The good news from my perspective is that our program is in very good shape so if he does leave we're an attractive school for solid coaching candidates to consider.
          Thanks for the info, but I wish you'd use their real name. They're the Safety School For Conservative Preppy Future Fraternity Members Who Couldn't Get Into Big Ten Universities.

Comment

Thanks for the info, but I wish you'd use their real name. They're the Safety School For Conservative Preppy Future Fraternity Members Who Couldn't Get Into Big Ten Universities.
            I've seen other BG guys use Miaudi...

Comment

I'm pretty sure he was the first one to say no when that league came calling last summer. There's only 2 reasons he leaves BG. Money, or the draw of his Alma Mater. It's 2 MAC schools with similar athletic budgets. I'm sure BG would match any reasonable offer he'd receive. And it'd be pretty hard to leave a program he's literally built from a 5 win team to going for his 150th win tonight.

Comment

I'm going to have to be the correction police here, there is no State in the name of Miami University and my son is an alum of theirs. His grades were too high for Ohio State. That being said someone again point out to them they're the REDSKINS, not Redhawks! Thankfully my son was not indoctrinated into their political correctness!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  I'm going to have to be the correction police here, there is no State in the name of Miami University and my son is an alum of theirs. His grades were too high for Ohio State. That being said someone again point out to them they're the REDSKINS, not Redhawks! Thankfully my son was not indoctrinated into their political correctness!
                  Must have been a long time ago. Miami hasn't had admission stats close to Ohio State since the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    They seem to conveniently forget they are a state school like BG, OSU, Kent, and even that godforsaken bleephole located 26 miles north of us. It’s good for them to be reminded.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                      They seem to conveniently forget they are a state school like BG, OSU, Kent, and even that godforsaken bleephole located 26 miles north of us. It’s good for them to be reminded.
                      Yep. Just because they're buttering their bread by trolling the Chicago suburbs for preppy kids who didn't get into U of I or Wisconsin (and still can't close the selectivity gap with Ohio State) doesn't mean they're no longer part of the the state of Ohio's public university system. And the fact that there's a lot of evidence that they screwed a fellow state school in BG out of an NCHC invite only further drives home the necessity of never letting them forget who and what they are.

Comment

• Re: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

So, BG won the game pretty handily last night making this weekend's series much more interesting. Last night's game was the most complete game we've played from start to the finish this season. Hopefully that continues this weekend. The frustration on the WMU bench was palpable and really, really fun to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                          So, BG won the game pretty handily last night making this weekend's series much more interesting. Last night's game was the most complete game we've played from start to the finish this season. Hopefully that continues this weekend. The frustration on the WMU bench was palpable and really, really fun to watch!
                          It's going to be a great two games. While I'd like to get a sweep as a setup for the next weekend's games in South Bend, I think that I'll be happy with a split. Anyone know if the two schools have plans to play each other permanently?

Comment

It's going to be a great two games. While I'd like to get a sweep as a setup for the next weekend's games in South Bend, I think that I'll be happy with a split. Anyone know if the two schools have plans to play each other permanently?
                            Since we've only not played each other once since the split it's almost permanent now. OSU was the first to come to us right after the split and say that they would play 2 for 2 from day one. No 2 for 1 BS like UM and ND were trying to pull and we turned down flat. For that I have always been appreciative.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                              Since we've only not played each other once since the split it's almost permanent now. OSU was the first to come to us right after the split and say that they would play 2 for 2 from day one. No 2 for 1 BS like UM and ND were trying to pull and we turned down flat. For that I have always been appreciative.
                              Good to see us helping you guys out best we can. I'm sure it rubbed the powers that be in Columbus the wrong way when Miami backstabbed you guys out of a place in the NCHC. I wouldn't be surprised if our decision not to play them is linked to that too.

Comment

I'm bummed we're not playing Miami any more. Now that we're up and they're down I'd thoroughly enjoy bi*ch slapping them and using one of their former players to do it too!

Comment

Working...
                                X