Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Well we got the sweep but it wasn't easy. We had a lot of chances in tight tonight but ASU's goalie was solid. Had problems with my computer and lost the stream right before our first two goals. Would have loved to have seen that penalty shot. Hopefully it will be on OSU hockey's FB page later.
    I thought we had control of the puck most of the game and finally got some opportunities to capitalize on.
    Really looking forward to our home opener and new banners next weekend and thanks to ASU for being great hosts!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Well we got the sweep but it wasn't easy. We had a lot of chances in tight tonight but ASU's goalie was solid. Had problems with my computer and lost the stream right before our first two goals. Would have loved to have seen that penalty shot. Hopefully it will be on OSU hockey's FB page later.
      I thought we had control of the puck most of the game and finally got some opportunities to capitalize on.
      Really looking forward to our home opener and new banners next weekend and thanks to ASU for being great hosts!
      Congrats, Buckeyes. We battled you, but couldn't get anything clean by your goalies all weekend. Lots of good things for us to take away from this weekend. Best of luck to you the rest of the way. You guys have a classy well coached program.

Comment

Best of luck to you guys the rest of the season. Let's do this home and home series again in the near future - maybe coming out that way when the weather is worse here.

Looking forward to the FF banner next weekend and seeing the new kids in person.

Comment

I'm not sure what to take away from this weekend. Is ASU better than advertised? Was Ohio State rusty or did they spend all week congratulating themselves on that ranking? Probably the most glaring problem that I saw was a complete lack of a power play. Coming off a season when they had the best PP in the country and almost everyone coming back, that's something that I didn't expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
            I'm not sure what to take away from this weekend. Is ASU better than advertised? Was Ohio State rusty or did they spend all week congratulating themselves on that ranking? Probably the most glaring problem that I saw was a complete lack of a power play. Coming off a season when they had the best PP in the country and almost everyone coming back, that's something that I didn't expect.
            Rust.

Don't forget that ASU had played two real games and OSU did not even have an exhibition game. And two of the three goals on Friday came on the power play.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
              Rust.

Don't forget that ASU had played two real games and OSU did not even have an exhibition game. And two of the three goals on Friday came on the power play.
              Thanks for the update. I didn't see Friday's game, but that puts Saturday's struggles into some kind of perspective. BG and UMass should be two good weekends to see where the team is at before the domers.

Comment

Rust.

We were discussing this on the women's thread on why Friday & Saturday games seem so different. One of many factors is Friday the teams are feeling each other out, Saturday adjustments are made. Also don't forget conditioning, who has more left in the tank Saturday? I felt we were in control Saturday but didn't play with the petal to the metal we saw in our regional last spring but we have a whole season in front of us, playing too hard & fast invites injuries so one sets a comfortable pace in a game and season.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
                  Eddie - I could be completely proven wrong as the season goes on, but I think ASU has taken a big step forward in terms of talent. Now I'm not saying top-20, but we are not many years away from knocking on that door. We have had consecutive top-12ish recruiting classes and have a top of the line goaltender. Our new arena will be built for the 2020-21 season so our recruits have that to look forward to. Being it was your opening weekend, playing away, I'm sure whatever issues you may have had will be cleaned up. There is just way too much talent on your squad to not have a great year. Plus you have a great coaching staff. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                    Eddie - I could be completely proven wrong as the season goes on, but I think ASU has taken a big step forward in terms of talent. Now I'm not saying top-20, but we are not many years away from knocking on that door. We have had consecutive top-12ish recruiting classes and have a top of the line goaltender. Our new arena will be built for the 2020-21 season so our recruits have that to look forward to. Being it was your opening weekend, playing away, I'm sure whatever issues you may have had will be cleaned up. There is just way too much talent on your squad to not have a great year. Plus you have a great coaching staff. Good luck!
                    Even if Ohio State was a little rusty, I did come away impressed with ASU, and I was very impressed with your goalie. I think the program has a bright future and hopefully the NCHC pulls its head out of its arse and lets you guys in.
                    Last edited by Eddie Schorr; 10-14-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I cant speak about friday nights game as i didnt see it, but last night i thought they were pretty lucky to get out of their with a win. Napier made some key saves but he left quite a few juicy rebounds that werent able to be pounced on. The PP had many chances but couldnt put the puck in the net. All of these things are fix able and am excited as the banner goes up this weekend. Wish i could be their to see it but i am traveling to Maimi to see the Lions.

Comment

This weeks ranking still have us at #1 and 4 B1G teams in the top 10, 6 in the top 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          This weeks ranking still have us at #1 and 4 B1G teams in the top 10, 6 in the top 15.
                          Please repeat this post at the end of March.

Comment

Couple of things.

Saw where OSU will play in the Ice Breaker to open next season on October 11 and 12. BG is hosting at the Huntington Center in Toledo. BG vs. R.I.T. and OSU vs. Western Michigan in the opening round. Winners and losers play each other on October 12.

Also saw where they picked up a commit from a Chicago kid, Davis Burnside. Not projected to be on campus until 2022 so I hope I'm still alive to see the kid play.

Comment

Not projected to be on campus until 2022 so I hope I'm still alive to see the kid play.
                              I'd be happy being alive to see our first National Championship whenever that will be!
                              One of my friends from our first team, Chuck Hobaica, who passed back in 2011 will never see it. That was back in the Osiecki era when the hockey alumni were basically ignored and Ohio State made NO mention of his passing which really ticked me off.

Comment

Couple of things.

Saw where OSU will play in the Ice Breaker to open next season on October 11 and 12. BG is hosting at the Huntington Center in Toledo. BG vs. R.I.T. and OSU vs. Western Michigan in the opening round. Winners and losers play each other on October 12.

Also saw where they picked up a commit from a Chicago kid, Davis Burnside. Not projected to be on campus until 2022 so I hope I'm still alive to see the kid play.
                                So looking forward to seeing them play in my hometown for the first time ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X