Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Re: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Saturday OSU came out ready to play and pushed hard in the first and traded goals with UMass. The second period was mostly this for that and neither teams capitalizing on opportunities.
    Late in the third OSU was determined not to let this game get away from them and their chemistry which was so strong towards the end of last season was starting to assert itself.
    Wyatt Ege brought the puck in along the boards to the goalie's left and as he was going behind the net Tanner Laczynski came skating hard from the blue line to the net with a step on his defender to take the pass from Ege behind the net to go upstairs above the goalie's right shoulder for the game winner!
    Lindberg did a good job filling the net for UMass and we tried roofing it a number of times that game when in tight against him with all but Tanner's shot going too high and ending up in the netting behind.
    UMass got the chance and pulled Lindberg and got the puck as far as center ice and turned it over with Jobst bringing it back the other way. He was starting to get swarmed as he reached the blue line but got his shot off for the empty netter!
    Home and away next weekend with our old CCHA rival Bowling Green and it should be a good series. Our last meeting was a home and away two seasons ago with an Ohio State sweep.
    BG has a Tuesday game this week and I wonder if they'll be fully ready to go for their game here on Friday?
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-21-2018 at 10:29 PM.

Roll along you BG Warriors!

Polls are out, looks like this weekend pits #4 against #15. Should get lots of press regardless of the outcome(s). Hoping we can hang in there and maybe steal one.

Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Polls are out, looks like this weekend pits #4 against #15. Should get lots of press regardless of the outcome(s). Hoping we can hang in there and maybe steal one.
    I am expecting to get one of the games. I think this year's BG team is deep and talented. Take one game at a time, play smart, stay out of the penalty box, and we can hopefully get both games. Go BG! If you go in with the attitude to steal one - you likely won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey John View Post
    I am expecting to get one of the games. I think this year's BG team is deep and talented. Take one game at a time, play smart, stay out of the penalty box, and we can hopefully get both games. Go BG! If you go in with the attitude to steal one - you likely won't.
    I was trying not to troll their thread ...

I was trying not to troll their thread ...
    I am not trying to troll their thread either. We have a nice, healthy rivalry with respect for each other. That is why the series has continued, because both fan bases appreciate it and support it. My comment was meant not to put down Ohio State, but to show my faith in this year's BG team. I am looking forward to attending both games. Let's first concentrate on beating the Broncos tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Saturday OSU came out ready to play and pushed hard in the first and traded goals with UMass. The second period was mostly this for that and neither teams capitalizing on opportunities.
    Late in the third OSU was determined not to let this game get away from them and their chemistry which was so strong towards the end of last season was starting to assert itself.
    Wyatt Ege brought the puck in along the boards to the goalie's left and as he was going behind the net Tanner Laczynski came skating hard from the blue line to the net with a step on his defender to take the pass from Ege behind the net to go upstairs above the goalie's right shoulder for the game winner!
    Lindberg did a good job filling the net for UMass and we tried roofing it a number of times that game when in tight against him with all but Tanner's shot going too high and ending up in the netting behind.
    UMass got the chance and pulled Lindberg and got the puck as far as center ice and turned it over with Jobst bringing it back the other way. He was starting to get swarmed as he reached the blue line but got his shot off for the empty netter!
    Home and away next weekend with our old CCHA rival Bowling Green and it should be a good series. Our last meeting was a home and away two seasons ago with an Ohio State sweep.
    BG has a Tuesday game this week and I wonder if they'll be fully ready to go for their game here on Friday?
    And let us not forget that we can claim the Ohio Belt with a win in the second game or a sweepm

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey John View Post
    I am not trying to troll their thread either. We have a nice, healthy rivalry with respect for each other. That is why the series has continued, because both fan bases appreciate it and support it. My comment was meant not to put down Ohio State, but to show my faith in this year's BG team. I am looking forward to attending both games. Let's first concentrate on beating the Broncos tomorrow.
    I appreciate hearing from the BG fans on their perspective. When you see the UND, UMD, and Gopher fans share their perspective between those three when they play each other USCHO should give it an "R" rating. LOL!
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-23-2018 at 09:42 AM.

I appreciate hearing from the BG fans on their perspective. When you see the UND, UMD, and Gopher fans share their perspective between those three USCHO should give it an "R" rating. LOL!
    I usually make popcorn and enjoy the show.

Looking forward to this weekends series. Being from Toledo i love BG but i am an Ohio State fan first. This should be a fun weekend 2 really good hockey teams and a great in state rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Looking forward to this weekends series. Being from Toledo i love BG but i am an Ohio State fan first. This should be a fun weekend 2 really good hockey teams and a great in state rivalry.
    Being from Toledo as well (C-bus now after 25 yrs in Chicagoland-go Sox!) all I know is I ***** hate UT. I wish they had a D1 team so we could kick the ever loving ***** out of them. Then I'd tell my high school friends to blow me.

Sorry, got carried away. Looking forward to the two games. Always like seeing games in the Schott. Our back end is solid, we return both goaltenders and all our D-men. We send in two forecheckers and have scored quite a few goals off of turnovers in our opponents D-zone. We're very aggressive on the PK--you're going to have to move the puck quickly. We are very opportunistic on offense, seem to score on a lot of rebounds. I watched both of the UMass games this past weekend. Should be a good series.

Being from Toledo as well (C-bus now after 25 yrs in Chicagoland-go Sox!) all I know is I ***** hate UT. I wish they had a D1 team so we could kick the ever loving ***** out of them. Then I'd tell my high school friends to blow me.

Sorry, got carried away. Looking forward to the two games. Always like seeing games in the Schott. Our back end is solid, we return both goaltenders and all our D-men. We send in two forecheckers and have scored quite a few goals off of turnovers in our opponents D-zone. We're very aggressive on the PK--you're going to have to move the puck quickly. We are very opportunistic on offense, seem to score on a lot of rebounds. I watched both of the UMass games this past weekend. Should be a good series.
    that aggressive play has been a staple of Bergeron since he came to BG. Should be interesting to see how this veteran Buckeye team handles the pressure BG will put on them.

Question for our BG visitors. Any fear that Bergeron leaves for Miami? I don't think Miami has the funds to buy out Blasi, but I'd guess that Bergeron would be their first choice if they did. I really don't see any reason for him to leave other than the step up in conference quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
    Question for our BG visitors. Any fear that Bergeron leaves for Miami? I don't think Miami has the funds to buy out Blasi, but I'd guess that Bergeron would be their first choice if they did. I really don't see any reason for him to leave other than the step up in conference quality.
    Miami State University does indeed lack the funds to buy out Enrico Palazzo and the postings on their message board lament that fact on a regular basis. Whether Bergeron's interested in returning or not is something people close to our program might now (I'm simply a fan who gets info secondhand from wherever it's posted). All I can say is the Miami State faithful believe Berge is their savior in waiting. The good news from my perspective is that our program is in very good shape so if he does leave we're an attractive school for solid coaching candidates to consider.

Miami State University does indeed lack the funds to buy out Enrico Palazzo and the postings on their message board lament that fact on a regular basis. Whether Bergeron's interested in returning or not is something people close to our program might now (I'm simply a fan who gets info secondhand from wherever it's posted). All I can say is the Miami State faithful believe Berge is their savior in waiting. The good news from my perspective is that our program is in very good shape so if he does leave we're an attractive school for solid coaching candidates to consider.
    Thanks for the info, but I wish you'd use their real name. They're the Safety School For Conservative Preppy Future Fraternity Members Who Couldn't Get Into Big Ten Universities.

Thanks for the info, but I wish you'd use their real name. They're the Safety School For Conservative Preppy Future Fraternity Members Who Couldn't Get Into Big Ten Universities.
    I've seen other BG guys use Miaudi...

I'm pretty sure he was the first one to say no when that league came calling last summer. There's only 2 reasons he leaves BG. Money, or the draw of his Alma Mater. It's 2 MAC schools with similar athletic budgets. I'm sure BG would match any reasonable offer he'd receive. And it'd be pretty hard to leave a program he's literally built from a 5 win team to going for his 150th win tonight.

I'm going to have to be the correction police here, there is no State in the name of Miami University and my son is an alum of theirs. His grades were too high for Ohio State. That being said someone again point out to them they're the REDSKINS, not Redhawks! Thankfully my son was not indoctrinated into their political correctness!

I'm going to have to be the correction police here, there is no State in the name of Miami University and my son is an alum of theirs. His grades were too high for Ohio State. That being said someone again point out to them they're the REDSKINS, not Redhawks! Thankfully my son was not indoctrinated into their political correctness!
    Must have been a long time ago. Miami hasn't had admission stats close to Ohio State since the 90s.

They seem to conveniently forget they are a state school like BG, OSU, Kent, and even that godforsaken bleephole located 26 miles north of us. Itís good for them to be reminded.

They seem to conveniently forget they are a state school like BG, OSU, Kent, and even that godforsaken bleephole located 26 miles north of us. Itís good for them to be reminded.
    Yep. Just because they're buttering their bread by trolling the Chicago suburbs for preppy kids who didn't get into U of I or Wisconsin (and still can't close the selectivity gap with Ohio State) doesn't mean they're no longer part of the the state of Ohio's public university system. And the fact that there's a lot of evidence that they screwed a fellow state school in BG out of an NCHC invite only further drives home the necessity of never letting them forget who and what they are.

Thread Information