Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

I've been to the first two Friday nights games this season, 6-3 and 8-2 losses. I'm not risking a 9-1 blowout by Wisconsin. I'll be a the Saturday game instead so we will see if I'm responsible for the Friday Night Funk that seems to plague this team.

Comment

That was a pretty impressive 60 minutes of hockey by the Bucks tonight. 3 straight Shutouts for Romeo and 3 straight as a team. This game was closer than the score showed but it was Romeo making key saves at 2-0 and 3-0 to keep the Badgers off the board and away from the momentum. I thought Carson Meyer was really good tonight he wasnt on the score sheet but man he was all over the puck in all 3 zones. Another guy who i thought was very good was Dakota. Once he got drilled into the Badgers bench he came out of that like he was on fire. Going for 5 straight and a weekend sweep tomorrow.

Comment

I felt this was the most complete game of hockey we played all season. We were able to capitalize on Wisconsin's mistakes and we didn't give them many opportunities until the 3rd but then there was Romeo shutting that door.
        It was chippy at many points in the game and the hit by Miller putting Dakota flat on the floor of their bench was an eye opener but the highlight was that horrific call by the zebra's against Dakota. I mean here you have him on a breakaway and the Wisconsin kid comes diving from behind swinging his stick like a scythe chopping both Dakota's legs out from under him causing him to barrel into their goalie and instead of the penalty shot being awarded they jail Dakota for charging?? I haven't seen a call that bad since the CCHA days! Notice how they kept replaying it on the monitors and although our guys kept pointing and pointing to the replays the refs refused to even once look up and see their error?
        Regardless, we earned the shutout and if we play as well tomorrow it will be a sweep!
        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-16-2018, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Wasnt as well played as last night but winning is what matters. Nice to see the PP get tons of good chances even when they dont score. Tommy had to work much harder than Romeo did last night. To many good chances for Wisconsin. Penn state and their high scoring offense comes to town next week would like to see some clean up of the chances in front. We all know what they are going to do and they do it from all over the ice. They havent left the state of Pennsylvania yet this year so lets make their first road trip a bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            They haven't left the state of Pennsylvania yet this year so lets make their first road trip a bad one.
            That may the most interesting aspect of this series. The other thing I want to see is if OSU can score more than three goals, which they've only done once this year. If ever there was a series to get the offense healthy it appears to be this one.

And, of course, I broke my jinx yesterday. It was so nice to not see them give up six and eight goals.

Comment

They seemed to have shaken off their funk in both the PP and killing the PP. That's the key takeaway for me heading into next week with the pedsters. I'd also like to see Joshua mess with their heads like he did Wiscy on Friday night. I love that ability in him...........though I'd hate it if he were playing for an opponent. One thing about Dakota Joshua though is that he doesn't rely on others to back up his @#$%. He takes care of that himself. I'm going to miss that guy as much as Jobst and Laczynski next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
                They seemed to have shaken off their funk in both the PP and killing the PP. That's the key takeaway for me heading into next week with the pedsters. I'd also like to see Joshua mess with their heads like he did Wiscy on Friday night. I love that ability in him...........though I'd hate it if he were playing for an opponent. One thing about Dakota Joshua though is that he doesn't rely on others to back up his @#$%. He takes care of that himself. I'm going to miss that guy as much as Jobst and Laczynski next year.
                For getting into heads Dakota should have asked Sean Dhooghe if he should be somewhere telling someone to follow a yellow brick road! He's a cheesehead Schembri! LOL!
                Well we got to grate the cheese this weekend and on to next weekend. I'm guessing back in the top 5 with the new rankings tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  For getting into heads Dakota should have asked Sean Dhooghe if he should be somewhere telling someone to follow a yellow brick road! He's a cheesehead Schembri! LOL!
                  Well we got to grate the cheese this weekend and on to next weekend. I'm guessing back in the top 5 with the new rankings tomorrow?
                  I only care about the Pairwise and not the polls. OSU sits in 6th place this morning. PSU is fifth so there is opportunity to move up this coming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                    I only care about the Pairwise and not the polls. OSU sits in 6th place this morning. PSU is fifth so there is opportunity to move up this coming weekend.
                    I feel the same about the polls and pariwise. Just keep climbing.

Comment

I wanted to get some perspective of the Penn State fans for this weekend but do they even have a current men's team thread on USCHO?

Comment

I wanted to get some perspective of the Penn State fans for this weekend but do they even have a current men's team thread on USCHO?
                        Penn Staters tend to not venture out of the hive-mind and risk being exposed to any thoughts and opinions that might dispute the notion that JoePed was the greatest human being who ever lived and was unjustly condemned or that the Big Ten is one giant conspiracy to keep Penn State from its rightful place of dominating the conference. It really is a cult.

Comment

A split at home is not great but I did enjoy the Saturday game. My son booked a room at the Blackwell in January because he knew he had tickets to the football game. We added an extra night and caught both hockey games as well. Perfect way to relax for 90 minutes before walking over to the Schott,. Nice drive back to Springboro this morning.

One thing is clear - I do not want to play against Sasha Laroque in a pool game.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                            A split at home is not great but I did enjoy the Saturday game. My son booked a room at the Blackwell in January because he knew he had tickets to the football game. We added an extra night and caught both hockey games as well. Perfect way to relax for 90 minutes before walking over to the Schott,. Nice drive back to Springboro this morning.

One thing is clear - I do not want to play against Sasha Laroque in a pool game.
                            A split at home not great your right but after friday night i thought Saturday they played very well. Going on the road to end the first half against the gophers who have been very inconsistent all year i expect at least a split.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                              A split at home not great your right but after friday night i thought Saturday they played very well. Going on the road to end the first half against the gophers who have been very inconsistent all year i expect at least a split.
                              I feel comfortable going into this weekend and not just because the Gophers have had issues but because that ungodly big ice of theirs used to confound us terribly but in the past couple seasons we seem to have adjusted to it. Just hope our new players won't have a problem with it.

Comment

I feel comfortable going into this weekend and not just because the Gophers have had issues but because that ungodly big ice of theirs used to confound us terribly but in the past couple seasons we seem to have adjusted to it. Just hope our new players won't have a problem with it.
                                Yea they have played pretty well in that building the past couple years.

Comment

Working...
                                X