Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Home page here on USCHO has a good story on this weekends opponents - U Mass!

Comment

Well, that stunk on ice. Lots of hockey left to play this season though, and being #1 only really matters at the end of the year. Important thing right now is that the team comes out tonight with the foil on.

Comment

You had 1 effing job!

Comment

much better effort on Saturday. New regular sweaters are OK but a little blah. New alternate sweaters are nicer. Judging by the results I'd stick with the alternate ones.

Comment

Friday's game was a curiosity though there's a lot of choices of other words for it. Ohio State came out like they hadn't played a game all year and were sluggish, allowing UMass to set the pace to their liking. I felt there were at least 3 non calls in the 1st that should have gone against UMass but I thought the rest of the game the zebras were calling it even. Carson Meyer's penalty shot goal was a thing of beauty and one of the few highlights of OSU's evening.
            John Wiitala had a goal reversed by replay which hurt immensely. John was positioned just outside the top of the crease and the puck was coming down from the rafters in front of him. His stick started high and as he timed making contact with it he started to bring his stick downward and from my perspective which was close by, he made contact with the puck at legal height.
            Now here's were it went weird, it was ruled a goal on the ice and of course it was reviewed. I didn't check my phone but I'd say it was about 5 minutes worth of review! Now one would think that with it called a goal on the ice that if there was INDISPUTIBULE and CONCLUSIVE video evidence that it was not a goal the review should have been quick and decisive. I think they made a coin toss.
            Soon after that Dakota Joshua scored on a blistering shot coming into the faceoff circle to the goalie's right. This is NOT his norm as his comfort zone is in tight at the crease. Hope we see more of his ability. Coach has said Dakota doesn't know how good he really is. If our previous goal had stood that would have been the equalizer.
            I felt we were starting to look like ourselves in the 3rd but were in a hole and had to expose ourselves to push an aggressive offense and UMass capitalized on breakaways.
            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-21-2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Saturday OSU came out ready to play and pushed hard in the first and traded goals with UMass. The second period was mostly this for that and neither teams capitalizing on opportunities.
              Late in the third OSU was determined not to let this game get away from them and their chemistry which was so strong towards the end of last season was starting to assert itself.
              Wyatt Ege brought the puck in along the boards to the goalie's left and as he was going behind the net Tanner Laczynski came skating hard from the blue line to the net with a step on his defender to take the pass from Ege behind the net to go upstairs above the goalie's right shoulder for the game winner!
              Lindberg did a good job filling the net for UMass and we tried roofing it a number of times that game when in tight against him with all but Tanner's shot going too high and ending up in the netting behind.
              UMass got the chance and pulled Lindberg and got the puck as far as center ice and turned it over with Jobst bringing it back the other way. He was starting to get swarmed as he reached the blue line but got his shot off for the empty netter!
              Home and away next weekend with our old CCHA rival Bowling Green and it should be a good series. Our last meeting was a home and away two seasons ago with an Ohio State sweep.
              BG has a Tuesday game this week and I wonder if they'll be fully ready to go for their game here on Friday?
              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-21-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Polls are out, looks like this weekend pits #4 against #15. Should get lots of press regardless of the outcome(s). Hoping we can hang in there and maybe steal one.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                  Polls are out, looks like this weekend pits #4 against #15. Should get lots of press regardless of the outcome(s). Hoping we can hang in there and maybe steal one.
                  I am expecting to get one of the games. I think this year's BG team is deep and talented. Take one game at a time, play smart, stay out of the penalty box, and we can hopefully get both games. Go BG! If you go in with the attitude to steal one - you likely won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
                    I am expecting to get one of the games. I think this year's BG team is deep and talented. Take one game at a time, play smart, stay out of the penalty box, and we can hopefully get both games. Go BG! If you go in with the attitude to steal one - you likely won't.
                    I was trying not to troll their thread ...

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                      I was trying not to troll their thread ...
                      I am not trying to troll their thread either. We have a nice, healthy rivalry with respect for each other. That is why the series has continued, because both fan bases appreciate it and support it. My comment was meant not to put down Ohio State, but to show my faith in this year's BG team. I am looking forward to attending both games. Let's first concentrate on beating the Broncos tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        Saturday OSU came out ready to play and pushed hard in the first and traded goals with UMass. The second period was mostly this for that and neither teams capitalizing on opportunities.
                        Late in the third OSU was determined not to let this game get away from them and their chemistry which was so strong towards the end of last season was starting to assert itself.
                        Wyatt Ege brought the puck in along the boards to the goalie's left and as he was going behind the net Tanner Laczynski came skating hard from the blue line to the net with a step on his defender to take the pass from Ege behind the net to go upstairs above the goalie's right shoulder for the game winner!
                        Lindberg did a good job filling the net for UMass and we tried roofing it a number of times that game when in tight against him with all but Tanner's shot going too high and ending up in the netting behind.
                        UMass got the chance and pulled Lindberg and got the puck as far as center ice and turned it over with Jobst bringing it back the other way. He was starting to get swarmed as he reached the blue line but got his shot off for the empty netter!
                        Home and away next weekend with our old CCHA rival Bowling Green and it should be a good series. Our last meeting was a home and away two seasons ago with an Ohio State sweep.
                        BG has a Tuesday game this week and I wonder if they'll be fully ready to go for their game here on Friday?
                        And let us not forget that we can claim the Ohio Belt with a win in the second game or a sweepm

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
                          I am not trying to troll their thread either. We have a nice, healthy rivalry with respect for each other. That is why the series has continued, because both fan bases appreciate it and support it. My comment was meant not to put down Ohio State, but to show my faith in this year's BG team. I am looking forward to attending both games. Let's first concentrate on beating the Broncos tomorrow.
                          I appreciate hearing from the BG fans on their perspective. When you see the UND, UMD, and Gopher fans share their perspective between those three when they play each other USCHO should give it an "R" rating. LOL!
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-23-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            I appreciate hearing from the BG fans on their perspective. When you see the UND, UMD, and Gopher fans share their perspective between those three USCHO should give it an "R" rating. LOL!
                            I usually make popcorn and enjoy the show.

Comment

Looking forward to this weekends series. Being from Toledo i love BG but i am an Ohio State fan first. This should be a fun weekend 2 really good hockey teams and a great in state rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                                Looking forward to this weekends series. Being from Toledo i love BG but i am an Ohio State fan first. This should be a fun weekend 2 really good hockey teams and a great in state rivalry.
                                Being from Toledo as well (C-bus now after 25 yrs in Chicagoland-go Sox!) all I know is I ***** hate UT. I wish they had a D1 team so we could kick the ever loving ***** out of them. Then I'd tell my high school friends to blow me.

Sorry, got carried away. Looking forward to the two games. Always like seeing games in the Schott. Our back end is solid, we return both goaltenders and all our D-men. We send in two forecheckers and have scored quite a few goals off of turnovers in our opponents D-zone. We're very aggressive on the PK--you're going to have to move the puck quickly. We are very opportunistic on offense, seem to score on a lot of rebounds. I watched both of the UMass games this past weekend. Should be a good series.

Comment

Working...
                                X