Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
    Our current rink only holds about 800. We got up to 940 on Sunday vs. Alaska with standing room folks. So even if you get 100 folks in there it will seem like a lot. You will see online how humble it is. Humble being a generous description. But hey, we have D1 hockey at ASU, so showing patience for a few more years is worth it!
    Sounds exactly like our old barn here that the women play in. Most clearing attempts hit the ceiling support girders! We were in it from our inaugural season in '63 until we moved into the arena in '99. Red Berenson, Michigan's legendary coach was complaining back in the day we shouldn't be allowed to play in the conference in that building. Back then it was 10 feet too short of ice.
    It's been extended but the bleachers at that end had to be shrunk to about 3 rows. Here's a link to what it looks like. http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/...ties/ice-rink/
    Now people complain we're in too big an arena. It's the largest on campus hockey arena in the country.
    Too bad the B1G couldn't lure you guys away from the PAC but the B1G wanted all your sports, not just hockey so they could extend their sphere of influence.
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-08-2018, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      Congrats and just know you won't stay there the whole year but if you hang around the area good things could happen.
      We'll stick around at #1 as long as we can!

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
        Time to enjoy this week.

OSU jumped Notre Dame and is now ranked first in the USCHO poll. Not a frequent occurrence.
        Only the fourth time in program history by my count. First time in 25 years. Last No. 1 ranking was November 28, 1983.

Top Ten Rankings History

Comment

Here's an interesting little tidbit!

http://www.collegecommitments.com/De...q9=-1638943347

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            Here's an interesting little tidbit!

It might be very interesting if I could actually get to the oage rather than just seeing "does not exist."

Comment

It might be very interesting if I could actually get to the oage rather than just seeing "does not exist."
              **&#! Lets see if it works now!
              OK, it's linking to it for me. Weird, clicking on my original posted link at work I got the does not exist thing too but clicking on the original link on my home computer and it opens right up. Perhaps it was a temporary problem at the website?

Now it's not working again! Have to get back to it later and figure it out.
              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-09-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I was confused by the posted start time of 10:00 PM our time zone but 7:00 Mountain time as it's only a 2 hour difference until I remembered Arizona does not do daylight savings time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  Sounds exactly like our old barn here that the women play in. Most clearing attempts hit the ceiling support girders! We were in it from our inaugural season in '63 until we moved into the arena in '99. Red Berenson, Michigan's legendary coach was complaining back in the day we shouldn't be allowed to play in the conference in that building. Back then it was 10 feet too short of ice.
                  It's been extended but the bleachers at that end had to be shrunk to about 3 rows. Here's a link to what it looks like. http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/...ties/ice-rink/
                  Now people complain we're in too big an arena. It's the largest on campus hockey arena in the country.
                  Too bad the B1G couldn't lure you guys away from the PAC but the B1G wanted all your sports, not just hockey so they could extend their sphere of influence.
                  Wow, change up the colors and your old barn is our Oceanside. Right down to the press box and low ceilings. Our seats are five rows deep on one side. And one small section at one end for the students. Not ideal at all. Thanks for positing that link!

Comment

OK, let's try it this way so forget the previous posted links.
                    Open this link and scroll down to the very bottom of the page and select Big Ten from the lists of conferences and then click on Ohio State.
                    Any player you click on whether current or commitment you will get their current & lifetime stats!

http://collegehockeyinc.com/commitments.php

Comment

So does this mean we're College Hockey's Newest Dynasty? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
                        We can only hope!
                        Well we have a coaching staff that seems to deliver and motivate and we have a core group returning. I'd say if we get recruits of the caliber we need to reload then why not a dynasty? If we get as far or farther as we did last season to show it wasn't a fluke then we will definitely be on the dynasty path along with getting blue chip players here.

Comment

they haven't proved much on the ice yet.

Comment

they haven't proved much on the ice yet.
                            Oh, I know. Last year was great, and this year has incredible promise. I've just been down this path only to be disappointed before, so I'll take what comes. My comment was a subtle knock at our in-state little brother who proclaimed themselves that without having actually won a thing.

Comment

My comment was a subtle knock at our in-state little brother who proclaimed themselves that without having actually won a thing.
                              Don't worry, lots of people got it...

Comment

Oh, I know. Last year was great, and this year has incredible promise. I've just been down this path only to be disappointed before, so I'll take what comes. My comment was a subtle knock at our in-state little brother who proclaimed themselves that without having actually won a thing.
                                When it comes to "little brothers" I hate to say it but BG has more NCAA appearances than us plus a National Championship back in '84.
                                Got to give credit where it's due.

Comment

Working...
                                X