Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 145

Thread: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    573

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    It's Ledyard Classic Weekend with a twist as the games will be played on Saturday and Sunday this year! Enclosed are the particular details:

    https://dartmouthsports.com/news/201...-thompson.aspx


    Here is what I hoped Santa dropped off for the BG:

    1. Much and improved and potent PP as the PK steadily improved; must win or bare minimum break even on the special teams point differential each game

    2. Have to get Graber going...if he gets going so will the Tree Line or whoever is on his line

    3. As to GreenBear's point, imperative for supplemental D scoring (goals and primary assists) as in Yau, Han, Matthews, , Markell, etc

    4. Clark to win and be even in the goaltending battle with opposing D each game and tighter D zone recognition, responsibilities, and coverage

    5. SKATE SKATE SKATE as the BG is a good skating team with good up and down speed; have fun in the game!

    Were you NAUGHTY or NICE? Let's get a NICE pair of W's this weekend and bring home the Ledyard!

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    573

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    A huge BG win as they take down Army 5-2! BG controlled the play throughout this one and looked like they were having fun as they FOI ( find open ice) which letís their player with speed and skill make plays and that is exactly what happened last night. Balanced scoring all throughout line up as the Hesler dominated , Tree Line dominated possession but couldnít find the back of net ( (Formanís goal came from a nice feed from Jasiek), plenty of D men on the score sheet with Matthews scoring his first collegiate goal ( he was one of the best players on the ice last night), and Clark outplaying his opponent. All this adds up to a BG W! While the PP did not score (actually they did only to have a review reverse it) they looked good and finally dangerous, propelled with Graber and Yau making the puck and play making decisions.

    I think it is safe to say that tonight will be a totally different game as Providence will be much more structured and better and the BG will be less likely to FOI. If the BG plays like that did last night, this will be a tight game one goal game. They keys have not changed so...Letís Go BIG GREEN! Bring home the Ledyard!

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    573

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    A little tardy on this post. BG loses to Providence in the Ledyard Final. Providence was the better team and the best team BG has played thus far. They are fast and relentless. Their will and determination were off the charts. They won most 50/50 board puck battles and puck support was awesome In quite the contrast to the night before, BG had very little time and space and puck pursuit and pressure by the Friars caused major havoc for the BG and stunned then early on until they were finally able to acclimate to it. That all being said, BG actually led after one 2-1 with goals from Jasiek (heating up) and Yau (blueliners are scoring now) and more than holding their own. Then the threaded 5 minutes in the second. While on the PP, Friars wraps the puck around the boards and Yau desperately tries ties in vain to keep it in but could not and it gets past him for a 2 on 0 breakaway SH with weak side Graber trailing. Shot rebound and goal. Then Friars turns it on ( BG in shock) scores three more to get a comfy lead at 5-2 . So what turned out to be. 2-1 lead and on PP leads to a 5-2 deficit. Friars then pull back in the third and protects the lead with Graber getting a late goal.

    This should be a good learning experience for the BG:
    Coming back a taking lead
    Losing lead and composure
    What the bar can be as shown by the Friars especially the intangibles of WILL and Determination
    No shame in losing to the Friars except for those vital 5 minutes


    Happy New Year BG!!!! No to get down to the heart of the ECAC schedule and posturing .

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    62

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG Green View Post
    A little tardy on this post. BG loses to Providence in the Ledyard Final. Providence was the better team and the best team BG has played thus far. They are fast and relentless. Their will and determination were off the charts. They won most 50/50 board puck battles and puck support was awesome In quite the contrast to the night before, BG had very little time and space and puck pursuit and pressure by the Friars caused major havoc for the BG and stunned then early on until they were finally able to acclimate to it. That all being said, BG actually led after one 2-1 with goals from Jasiek (heating up) and Yau (blueliners are scoring now) and more than holding their own. Then the threaded 5 minutes in the second. While on the PP, Friars wraps the puck around the boards and Yau desperately tries ties in vain to keep it in but could not and it gets past him for a 2 on 0 breakaway SH with weak side Graber trailing. Shot rebound and goal. Then Friars turns it on ( BG in shock) scores three more to get a comfy lead at 5-2 . So what turned out to be. 2-1 lead and on PP leads to a 5-2 deficit. Friars then pull back in the third and protects the lead with Graber getting a late goal.

    This should be a good learning experience for the BG:
    Coming back a taking lead
    Losing lead and composure
    What the bar can be as shown by the Friars especially the intangibles of WILL and Determination
    No shame in losing to the Friars except for those vital 5 minutes


    Happy New Year BG!!!! No to get down to the heart of the ECAC schedule and posturing .
    Great post. It was a pretty darn good weekend overall....except for those 5 minutes.

    On to Bentley to avenge the worst loss of the season last year, I hope.....

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    5,989
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBear View Post
    Great post. It was a pretty darn good weekend overall....except for those 5 minutes.

    On to Bentley to avenge the worst loss of the season last year, I hope.....
    Are you visiting our new arena?

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    573

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Are you visiting our new arena?
    It does not specify but I am assuming and hope so.

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    62

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    The game is at Bentley's new rink, yes. I may be able to make the trip up--hope so.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    573

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    It's Game Day as the BG travels to Bentley! As the GreenBear stated previously, the BG looks to avenge a terrible loss to Bentley last year in Hanover. The BG is coming off a good weekend of hockey, beating Army and losing to Providence. They looked fast and re-energized. Can they capture those key learnings for the game vs Providence? This is start of the New Year and all accounts the BG has under-performed thus far this season but one thing about Gaudet's teams is that they usually play better on the back half. Let's goooooo BIG GREEN!

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    5,989
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG Green View Post
    It's Game Day as the BG travels to Bentley! As the GreenBear stated previously, the BG looks to avenge a terrible loss to Bentley last year in Hanover. The BG is coming off a good weekend of hockey, beating Army and losing to Providence. They looked fast and re-energized. Can they capture those key learnings for the game vs Providence? This is start of the New Year and all accounts the BG has under-performed thus far this season but one thing about Gaudet's teams is that they usually play better on the back half. Let's goooooo BIG GREEN!
    Safe travels. Should be plenty of parking adjacent to arena. Bentley on semester break for another week, so should be lots of available seats.

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    573

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Safe travels. Should be plenty of parking adjacent to arena. Bentley on semester break for another week, so should be lots of available seats.
    Thanks Snive! You guys should be commended on playing a gutsy game and battling back! Good luck moving forward!

  11. #91
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    573

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    This is a scenario where a tie feels like a lost! The game vs Bentley was totally in hand with a 2-0 lead and dominating play with Clark getting very little action. Then Clark lets in a harmless and very saveable shot to change momentum. Then on the second one was poor rebound control. Yes, there are five other players leading up to a goal and breakdowns occur. I don't what to pick on the kid because he has played well throughout the season but it's that consistency I worried about. I will be remiss if I didn't credit Bentley for their never quit attitude as they bounced back each time.

    Key Points:

    Ad nauseum PP needs improvement although Graber scores on 5 on 3 and yes on the left hall wall when scored off a rebound
    4th line is a mess and getting eating up on the ice giving up goals; Kilistoff and Warpecha (both good calls by staff) scratches as was Losurdo
    Sam Hesler acquitted himself well and looked good on the second lone
    Roth stills gets himself in needless trouble by not playing it simple ie D to D and extending zone time for opposition
    Less is not even close to where he was last year; playing himself back into shape after injury

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    62

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG Green View Post
    This is a scenario where a tie feels like a lost! The game vs Bentley was totally in hand with a 2-0 lead and dominating play with Clark getting very little action. Then Clark lets in a harmless and very saveable shot to change momentum. Then on the second one was poor rebound control. Yes, there are five other players leading up to a goal and breakdowns occur. I don't what to pick on the kid because he has played well throughout the season but it's that consistency I worried about. I will be remiss if I didn't credit Bentley for their never quit attitude as they bounced back each time.

    Key Points:

    Ad nauseum PP needs improvement although Graber scores on 5 on 3 and yes on the left hall wall when scored off a rebound
    4th line is a mess and getting eating up on the ice giving up goals; Kilistoff and Warpecha (both good calls by staff) scratches as was Losurdo
    Sam Hesler acquitted himself well and looked good on the second lone
    Roth stills gets himself in needless trouble by not playing it simple ie D to D and extending zone time for opposition
    Less is not even close to where he was last year; playing himself back into shape after injury
    -I have to think Losurdo was injured. I see why Kilistoff and Warpecha were out, but Losurdo was not one I expected.
    -Clark had a forgettable game. Made a great glove save in the 3rd with the score 3-2, but that 1st goal leaked between the 5 hole, and the 2nd was as you indicated. Definitely net minus overall than net plus for him. And a save percentage under 900, which it is now, well--Dartmouth has no prayer of doing anything against any ECAC team in the playoffs if that's the case. Can't have a regression in goal, and of late, that's what he's had. Has to get back to where he was in November: far more consistent and it seems to me far more confident.
    -It's going to take Less a few more weeks to get back to where he was, I think. Roth and Matthews scare me in the defensive zone.
    -Glad to see Sellar get an assist and Graber score. Foreman's been scoring but Dartmouth needs that line to get it going if they want to play at home in March.
    -Liked all 4 lines yesterday better than I have in a while, but 4th line depth is still a problem. I'll wait and see if those 3 get a chance to play together a little and reserve judgment.

    Also--loved Bentley's rink, and the crowd was into the game despite there being no students due to semester break. I live an hour away--I may make that trip again later to see it for a conference game. I'd been to the old rink once, and wow: what a difference.
    Last edited by GreenBear; 01-06-2019 at 01:16 PM.

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    5,989

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    Glad that you guys liked Bentley's new arena. Hope that you arrived early to get a close parking spot; the parking situation last night was particularly bad, as perhaps the large turn out of locals was a surprise. There is plenty of nearby parking, but the facilities team did not plan that well.

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,546

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    Weekend Preview: Dartmouth/Harvard

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...thharvard.html
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    573

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    Here's the the biggest hockey weekend thus far with 4-point ECAC games here on out. Tonight BG travels to Q who's is looking to avenge/revenge for the spanking they took early in the season in Hanover. No question Q is a far better team that showed up that night but we will see how much better tonight. This should be entertaining up and down the ice gain and goalies better be prepared, probably more on the BG side. Thus far this season the BG has played up to or down to their competition coming in on paper and we will see how this goes. Let's goooooo BIG GREEN!

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG Green View Post
    Here's the the biggest hockey weekend thus far with 4-point ECAC games here on out. Tonight BG travels to Q who's is looking to avenge/revenge for the spanking they took early in the season in Hanover. No question Q is a far better team that showed up that night but we will see how much better tonight. This should be entertaining up and down the ice gain and goalies better be prepared, probably more on the BG side. Thus far this season the BG has played up to or down to their competition coming in on paper and we will see how this goes. Let's goooooo BIG GREEN!
    Cheap shot by Connor Yau....! Bad game for Big Green! Sloppy and dirty....probably lit the Bobcat fuse....
    Last edited by SnowDogFlyer; 01-11-2019 at 09:22 PM.

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,546

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    Quinnipiac returns favor, beats Dartmouth 5-1

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...vor-beats.html
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    573

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
    Cheap shot by Connor Yau....! Bad game for Big Green! Sloppy and dirty....probably lit the Bobcat fuse....
    Please don't come on our BG thread spewing this type of info; it has no substance and certainly was speaking out of emotion, and lastly you lacked sound evidence! You can do all you want on your thread...have at it!

    So let's set the straight on this so called cheap shot. You guys were on a PP and a Q lefty player got it down low and tried to stuff home a backhander which Clark stopped. He then tries to jam/pitchfork another attempt. That is when Yau comes over and gives him a high cross check which the player easily goes down in a heap. That player got up easily and was back on the ice and in play. The ref was 3-feet away and looking at it the whole way did not make a call and neither did the other ref. It was only when play was stopped and Rand starts a rant about the perceived reality of the cross check. Ensuing they send Yau to the box and Rand insists on a review which the refs obliged. After a short review, it was just a 2-minute minor (relays clearly shows it was a cross check to the swallow of upper back /shoulder blades and NOT back of head) making it a 5 on 3. I should add any D man would have done the same thing in protecting his goalie. Furthermore, your announcers called it a "cheap shot" initially than backed off after seeing the reply and review of the refs. And if you really did your homework, you will find out that Yau had a whopping two minors coming into the game despite logging tons of ice time. Also for you to claim that Dartmouth and Yau are cheap shot artist is certainly without merit as Dartmouth is one of the least penalized team. I could comment on the two cross checks against Q near the boards but I won't because they are hockey plays and what makes this an exciting game. And finally you are 100% incorrect in that your belief is that it lit the fuse of your team. The igniter was our stupid penalties leading your PP goals and lead and momentum swing.

    In short, look I understand you are pulling for your team and obviously is very passionate about it but you should be more careful about your posts. If you still feel that way 24 hours later than by means post it on your thread.

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    573

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    Now back to the game! Q dominates the BG and exacts its revenge 5-1. The first period was uneventful as Q controls possession but having no really Grade A chances. You can actually make a case that the BG had better scoring chances in the first. Then Warpecha sneaks one in short-side which would be considered a bad goal given up late in the first. Then to start the second the game opens up and teams trade chances with again the BG having the better scoring chances to only have them stoned by Shortridge. The Sellar takes a penalty and while killing off most of it Priskie banks a so-called shot off Clark to score from the his off side and on the goal line. If it doesn't hit Clark the puck is going across the crease. Then Matthews takes a penalty and same thing until a harmless shot from the point gets through Clark (not sure if he was screened or not). Then Q comes in with numbers and centers the puck to a Q player with outside lane drive for an easy tip in (beautiful goal). I believe all this is within 5 minutes and that was the beginning of the end.

    Key points:

    Special team differential was an absolute killer.
    PP downright ugly as 1st unit gets zone time but nothing dangerous; 2nd unit refuses to set up and force passes that aren't there with a man advantage
    PK...need a say more although the goalie is your best PK'er and that was not the case last night
    Tree Line is in shambles and Graber needs to find the spark again; as Graber goes the Tree Line will follow good and/or bad
    Need some finishers has Carl H, Sam H and especially Jasiek had beyond Grade a chances but failed to score

    No time to dwell but rather move forward and exact its own revenge on Princeton who have downwardly owned the BG. Come on and bounce back and get the split this weekend and show that you are a contender and not a pretender!

  20. #100
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,251

    Re: Dartmouth BIG Green Hockey: 2018-19 Season : Failure is NOT an Option...SUCCESS

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG Green View Post
    Please don't come on our BG thread spewing this type of info; it has no substance and certainly was speaking out of emotion, and lastly you lacked sound evidence!
    Lighten up Francis. Your emotions are getting the best of you as well...

    It was a borderline hit as the slow motion replay from above showed. I think the right call (2 vs 5) was ultimately made and I think any potential hit to the head should be reviewed.

    Now, the hit into the boards by Mathews (?) at the end of the 3rd was a cheap shot IMHO. He was clearly looking at numbers when he tossed Cassidy in the boards. That could have and should have been a 5, but I understand the call at that point in the game. I don't think it was a malicious hit, but definitely a cheap shot.

    To be fair, the refs were not very good last night. They set no precedence early in the game and almost lost it in the 3rd, allowing those 2 hits to happen in the first place.

    Good luck the rest of the way.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •