X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    MAD Magazine's (see the shooting thread) is 100x better.
    That one is great but it's an entire series. This is one cartoon. The brevity is what I love.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      That political cartoon should win the Pulitzer. I think they give those for political cartoons if I remember correctly.
      I believe they do. I have a book of pol/op-ed cartoons from 95, I believe. It's amazing how relevant those cartoons still are today. If you printed half that book today, you'd get the same reactions. Not even joking around.

Edit: it skewers everything, btw.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This one still gets my vote:

Comment

There was one in the book I have, and it's a young kid, maybe about 5ish....at a rally for illegal immigrants, with a banner saying "Support Our Illegal Immigrants." And the kid is asking, "doesn't 'illegal' mean 'against the law?'"

The book also rails against the gun laws at the time, health care issues, etc. It's amazing.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It’s not amazing. It’s pathetic and sad.

Pathetic that we still have people who carry water for the politicians who won’t let us evolve beyond that generations-old thinking.

We still have all of these same problems 30+ years later? Pathetic indeed.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              It’s not amazing. It’s pathetic and sad.

Pathetic that we still have people who carry water for the politicians who won’t let us evolve beyond that generations-old thinking.

We still have all of these same problems 30+ years later? Pathetic indeed.
              It's amazing in the true sense of the word. 23 years have passed, and all the cartoons still hold some sort of truth to them, if not all the truth. Look at the forest, not the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                It's amazing in the true sense of the word. 23 years have passed, and all the cartoons still hold some sort of truth to them, if not all the truth. Look at the forest, not the tree.
                Do I have to repeat what I just said?
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Do I have to repeat what I just said?
                  No. It's sometimes amazing in the good way, too, b/c we've improved in some areas. Do I have to repeat I just said?

Comment

That's the book. Dial it up.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Editoria.../dp/1565541170

Comment

Holy sh*t, that didn't turn into a three-page lover's spat between the two of you?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Holy sh*t, that didn't turn into a three-page lover's spat between the two of you?
                        Eh, he's liberal, against anything conservative, I lean conservative, willing to listen to anything that is not ERMAGHERD LIBERAL. It happens.

Comment

Eh, he's liberal, against anything conservative, I lean conservative, willing to listen to anything that is not ERMAGHERD LIBERAL. It happens.
                          https://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-3...-2LV/203134438

It’s the biggest one I could find. Let me know if it doesn’t reach the top of the cross.
                          Code:

Comment

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-3...-2LV/203134438

It’s the biggest one I could find. Let me know if it doesn’t reach the top of the cross.
                            I am not claiming to be a saint. Try again. And my company sells bigger ladders.

Comment

Eh, he's liberal, against anything conservative
                              I disagree with that characterization, and I think dx would, too.

We're not trixie, FFS.

Comment

There was one in the book I have, and it's a young kid, maybe about 5ish....at a rally for illegal immigrants, with a banner saying "Support Our Illegal Immigrants." And the kid is asking, "doesn't 'illegal' mean 'against the law?'"

The book also rails against the gun laws at the time, health care issues, etc. It's amazing.
                                You can even do this with some political cartoons going back to the Civil War era. Really is a solid example of “the more things change, the more they stay the same”... Political cartoons do offer excellent snapshots for a moment in time though.
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X