This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

I received a call from one of the candidate for the MN gubernatorial race. The kid on the phone asked if I was interested in voting for X candidate. I replied that no, he was not my choice. He then asked why, and I said that I didn't care for his message. Then the kid just abruptly hung up the phone, almost like I insulted him.

Interesting way of campaigning, I thought.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

There's been a protest happening out on Portland Ave in Mpls today; the protest is in regards to the financing of the Line 3 oil pipeline slated to run through northern MN. It's an illegal protest - no permits, and they setup a giant tripod over the street holding something up - a boom mic, or camera.

I looked down from my high window, snapped a pic of the relatively small protest (compared to last year's), and then a fist fight broke out, some haymakers exchanged. For whatever reason MPD decided not to arrest anybody.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Why people are leaving NJ. Check out the property taxes.

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/ind...r_mobile_index

Compare another $1M home in my old neighborhood. Taxes are 50% less

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/38057791_zpid/
        (This house was a gut/rebuild)
        Last edited by joecct; 10-07-2018, 10:22 PM.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Why people are leaving NJ. Check out the property taxes.

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/ind...r_mobile_index
          Not sure if serious.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Not sure if serious.
            Oh it is. $37K is almost normal.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Oh it is. $37K is almost normal.
              I more meant going with a story about someone singing with another NFL team as evidence.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

I more meant going with a story about someone singing with another NFL team as evidence.
                Sopranos??
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...llengers-hands

Quam and Mahlberg passed a single microphone back and forth as they discussed a variety of issues. But when Mahlberg answered a question about how to address education funding, Quam raised a card to signal he wanted to offer a rebuttal.

Instead of waiting for Mahlberg to pass him the microphone, he snatched it from her, prompting a look of surprise by Mahlberg.

After Quam finished his rebuttal, he offered the microphone back to Mahlberg. When she didn’t take it, he he tossed it in front of her on the table they were sharing.
                  Should have just put his hand over her mouth and laughed. GOP would have approved.

KDR

Comment

North Dakota herping and derping with their voter suppression: http://fortune.com/2018/10/10/suprem...voter-id-laws/
                    The law requires that North Dakota residents provide identification that includes a residential street address in order to vote. But the state is home to thousands of Native Americans and others who do not have standard addresses, which the challengers argued would effectively disenfranchise them.
                    ------
                    In her dissent, Ginsburg highlighted that 70,000 North Dakota residents, which constitutes nearly 20% of the turnout “in a regular quadrennial election—lack a qualifying ID” under the the law’s provisions. Another 18,000 residents “lack supplemental documentation sufficient to permit them to vote without a qualifying ID.”

What’s more, Ginsburg noted that changing the rules ahead of November’s election could cause confusion amongst voters. “The risk of voter confusion appears severe here because the injunction against requiring residential-address identification was in force during the primary election and because the Secretary of State’s website announced for months the ID requirements as they existed under that injunction,” Ginsburg said.
                    But the real issue is whiny Bernie bros I'm sure.
                    Last edited by trixR4kids; 10-10-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

A John Cox commercial on the radio this morning tried to get cute and refer to homeless camps as "Newsom-villes". If we're allowed to apply a candidate's name to random stuff, can we refer to anyone dumb enough to be convinced by that commercial as a "Cox-sucker"?

KDR

Comment

A John Cox commercial on the radio this morning tried to get cute and refer to homeless camps as "Newsom-villes". If we're allowed to apply a candidate's name to random stuff, can we refer to anyone dumb enough to be convinced by that commercial as a "Cox-sucker"?
                        Well when you are down by double digits in every poll you gotta try something
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Should have just put his hand over her mouth and laughed. GOP would have approved.
                          I assume LWV stands for League of Women’s Voters. Not an ideal setting for such chauvinism.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              That political cartoon should win the Pulitzer. I think they give those for political cartoons if I remember correctly.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

MAD Magazine's (see the shooting thread) is 100x better.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X