X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

Womp womp.

“BREAKING: A judge has refused to certify Republican Mark Harris as the winner in a North Carolina House race that is being investigated for possible election fraud.”

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      "You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing after they have tried everything else." -- Winston Churchill
      That's debatable.

Comment

It is cute that Churchhill said that...because you know the Brits are KNOWN for their doing the right thing all of the time. I believe in Churchhill's time they were still castrating Gay people.

The Brits make the Americans look like a country of Mother Theresa's on pretty much every social or international issue ever.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Colorado has been quiet since the baker lawsuits .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.den...s-lynched/amp/

Comment

LENEXA, Kan. — State Senator Dinah Sykes, a Democrat for three whole weeks, told the retirement home residents that she had felt ignored by Republican leaders. She said that she remained a political moderate. She promised that her views on policy hadn’t changed when she quit the Republican Party, only the letter beside her name.

But just like America, and just like Kansas, the roomful of Ms. Sykes’s constituents was divided.

“You flipped — I’m disenfranchised,” said Kent Crippin, 82. “And I’ve been a Republican all my life.”

Another man told her, “I still feel betrayed, and I won’t make the mistake of voting for you again.”

Ms. Sykes choked back tears as she responded. “If I’m not re-elected, that’s O.K., but I did what I felt was right,” she said. “I’m sorry I’ve hurt you.”

Ms. Sykes is one of four state lawmakers in Kansas who switched allegiances last month, walking away from the Republican Party that has controlled this state’s Capitol and dominated its politics for years. The defections won’t affect control of the Legislature — Republicans have plenty of votes to spare in Topeka — but they reveal a larger problem for the party as 2020 approaches, and one that reaches well beyond Kansas.

The departures reflect a political shift in suburban areas of Kansas, a state that surprised political experts by electing a Democrat as governor in November. That shift is part of a larger realignment in traditionally Republican suburbs across the country, where long-marginalized Democrats are now ascendant and where voters who are upset with President Trump, especially women, have punished some moderate Republican candidates.

All four of the lawmakers who announced in December that they were becoming Democrats are women, and all four are from Johnson County, just outside Kansas City, Mo. They each said that distaste for Mr. Trump and unease with Kansas’ increasingly conservative Republican Party contributed to the decision to leave.

Centrist Republican lawmakers in Johnson County have found themselves facing a painful choice: Leave the state’s dominant party and alienate loyal voters, or remain Republican despite clear shifts to the left in their districts.

“I’ve got constituents saying, ‘We’re cool with you, but how can you be associated with this?’” said State Representative Stephanie Clayton, describing the pressure she faced before leaving the Republican Party in December, a month after she was re-elected as a Republican.
            https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/22/u...ZZWiVkJQzNzRHM
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

She has nothing to apologize for. Fck their feelings.

Comment

Religious groups might challenge Whitmer's LGBTQIA directive.

Figures.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Religious groups might challenge Whitmer's LGBTQIA directive.

Figures.
                  Yes, cause it says right in the Gospel that's what they should do.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Yes, cause it says right in the Gospel that's what they should do.
                    We can't have nice things.
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

We can't have nice things.
                      The Church apparently can't even achieve reading comprehension for it's flock.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        The Church apparently can't even achieve reading comprehension for it's flock.
                        Also, the lawyer for these groups claims it's a first amendment issue. Doesn't every other part of the first have some sort of limit, like "the right to swing your fist ends at my nose?"

Comment

Also, the lawyer for these groups claims it's a first amendment issue. Doesn't every other part of the first have some sort of limit, like "the right to swing your fist ends at my nose?"
                          Usually. I find the fact they never read the Gospel more telling then the fact they never read the pocket Constitution they carry everywhere.

Comment

Virginia's House of Delegates gets redrawn by federal judges and almost certainly will flip state houses to the Democrats

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Virginia's House of Delegates gets redrawn by federal judges and almost certainly will flip state houses to the Democrats

Good. F-ck the Republicans. They cheated, they got caught, they die. Democracy wins. Eat it.

Edit: looks like the R speaker is in for a huge fight just to save his seat after relaxing in the safe hammock he drew. Again: f-ck him.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 01-22-2019, 09:51 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well done, VA. Darn those meddling "Terrorists in Black Robes".

Comment

Working...
                                X