This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I hope he gets the Jussie Smollet treatment. Throw the book at this f-ckwad and let him get a real taste of what a felony (or is it just a misdemeanor in MN?) conviction entails.
    He's a white dude. Figure it out.

Oh I'm sorry, is that politically incorrect or racist to say?

Comment

• Re: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

Judge has temporarily blocked the bs crap Wisconsin passed when walker didn’t win.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...mit-dem-powers

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Judge has temporarily blocked the bs crap Wisconsin passed when walker didn’t win.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...mit-dem-powers
        Funny. The R House majority leader called the judgement a partisan decision to take down the R legislation. If that's true then by definition, he's admitting his own original legislation was partisan.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Funny. The R House majority leader called the judgement a partisan decision to take down the R legislation. If that's true then by definition, he's admitting his own original legislation was partisan.
          To be fair, there is a difference between a politician and a judge...

Judges are supposed to remain unbiased (not saying this one isn't unbiased), politicians have no such expectation.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            To be fair, there is a difference between a politician and a judge...

Judges are supposed to remain unbiased (not saying this one isn't unbiased), politicians have no such expectation.
            Sure. The party has no qualms about showing its acting in its own best interest.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

This might just be a good reading of the actual law in this case instead of blatant partisanship. My understanding (lawyers please chime in) is that the extraordinary session can be called ahead of time by passing a law at the start of the legislative calendar or by the governor himself. If Walker didn't initiate the call for this session, and by all accounts he did not, then the state constitution appears to be pretty straightforward. As to why Walker didn't realize this I couldn't tell you.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                This might just be a good reading of the actual law in this case instead of blatant partisanship. My understanding (lawyers please chime in) is that the extraordinary session can be called ahead of time by passing a law at the start of the legislative calendar or by the governor himself. If Walker didn't initiate the call for this session, and by all accounts he did not, then the state constitution appears to be pretty straightforward. As to why Walker didn't realize this I couldn't tell you.
                Walker might have already checked out and looking forward to his lobbying gig.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Michigan bars state funded adoption agencies from refusing LGBT parents.

Of course, here come the "religious liberty" nuts.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    Michigan bars state funded adoption agencies from refusing LGBT parents.

Of course, here come the "religious liberty" nuts.
                    And since most religious organizations are sucking on the public teet for grant money (I'm looking at you Catholic Charities), they have to comply or get out of the adoption businesses (as DC did).
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      And since most religious organizations are sucking on the public teet for grant money (I'm looking at you Catholic Charities), they have to comply or get out of the adoption businesses (as DC did).
                      Or they could go with the third option of simply stop being hateful pieces of human trash. An option, btw, you should personally explore.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        Or they could go with the third option of simply stop being hateful pieces of human trash. An option, btw, you should personally explore.
                        Opinions are like the place between the butt cheeks. Everyone has one.

There is no respect anymore for divergent views. It is, particulary on the fringes, all 100% certainty.

And Grin - you're getting close to the edge.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Opinions are like the place between the butt cheeks. Everyone has one.

There is no respect anymore for divergent views. It is, particulary on the fringes, all 100% certainty.

I have the same respect for your views as I do the "divergent" views of white supremacists.

Comment

There is no respect anymore for divergent views.
                            So sayeth the single issue voter.

Comment

Divergent views, in this case, are rooted in oppression and denial of the LGBT community's right to live a happy and healthy existence. This "divergent view" isn't really pro-life.

There are times for divergent views. Like pineapple on pizza. Coke vs. Pepsi. Issues like that. Denying kids a loving home because the parents are LGBT is decidedly not a time for divergent views.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X