X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Christ, Virginia. Any elected officials left who didn’t do blackface?
    I'd say the Lt Gov, but technically........

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

That's probably why the Governor dug in his feet. Lt. Gov - possible sex scandal, Att. Gen- Another blackface scandal. That then goes to the GOP Speaker of the House.

Doh.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        That's probably why the Governor dug in his feet. Lt. Gov - possible sex scandal, Att. Gen- Another blackface scandal. That then goes to the GOP Speaker of the House.

Doh.
        Only if we're sure he hasn't done blackface too!
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Only if we're sure he hasn't done blackface too!
          Nah, double standard. It's fine if a Republican does it.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              Mookie KNEW ted danson was a republican!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Gov. Whitmer had better settle in for four years of this.

https://amp.freep.com/amp/2792427002...mpression=true

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Gov. Whitmer had better settle in for four years of this.

https://amp.freep.com/amp/2792427002...mpression=true
                  Can we get the state house before then? The country is turning on these jokers, and when the slide comes it may be gargantuan. The entire non-slave state GOP is living on borrowed, stolen time.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Can we get the state house before then? The country is turning on these jokers, and when the slide comes it may be gargantuan. The entire non-slave state GOP is living on borrowed, stolen time.
                    Only if the current lawsuit about gerrymandered districts goes through. Otherwise we're screwed until 2022 for the bipartisan committee maps to take effect.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Not betting on it. Rural Michigan is barely a step above Alabama in the category of derps and 'phobes per square mile.

Comment

This poll says 29% of Rs think black Face is ok.

Guessing that’s low

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ace-acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          This poll says 29% of Rs think black Face is ok.

Guessing that’s low

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ace-acceptable
                          From the article:

White people were much more likely to find another white person wearing blackface acceptable compared to black people.
                          If there's a "no sh-t" award for investigative journalism I am nominating that sentence right there.

Although I suppose you could read it as "blackface is considered to be ineffective when done by black people and thus not acceptable." For whatever reason I immediately imagined mookie making that joke when I read it. "That's me inside your head."
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ok I am sure this belief will get me flamed by some but there needs to be a distinction between "Blackface" and costumes of Black People. I am not speaking of any singular story we have because honestly I havent looked that deeply into them but I think that in general this argument is being distorted a bit. (this is an extension of an argument I had the other day with my gf and her parents not in response to anything here per se)

Lets say, back in high school I dressed up as Michael Jordan for Halloween. That is NOT Black Face IMHO. If that picture surfaced today though I would be forced to apologize. To me that is going too far.

True Black Face plays off stereotypes and is used to mock and ridicule Black People. Those people should be destroyed.

Again I am speaking in generalities...I dont know if any of these clowns are claiming any of that but we have all seen this before. Someone does something offensive, Liberals make it the "Outrage Du Jour" and it goes viral, Twitter activists start looking for anyone who did anything that tangentially relates and destroys everyone they can, it all backfires in spectacular fashion. The goal here is to out the racists not play gotcha with everyone who may or may not be racist but did something years ago that now is deemed racist. Dont sacrifice the game because you need to showboat after scoring.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Ok I am sure this belief will get me flamed by some but there needs to be a distinction between "Blackface" and costumes of Black People. I am not speaking of any singular story we have because honestly I havent looked that deeply into them but I think that in general this argument is being distorted a bit. (this is an extension of an argument I had the other day with my gf and her parents not in response to anything here per se)

Lets say, back in high school I dressed up as Michael Jordan for Halloween. That is NOT Black Face IMHO. If that picture surfaced today though I would be forced to apologize. To me that is going too far.

True Black Face plays off stereotypes and is used to mock and ridicule Black People. Those people should be destroyed.

Again I am speaking in generalities...I dont know if any of these clowns are claiming any of that but we have all seen this before. Someone does something offensive, Liberals make it the "Outrage Du Jour" and it goes viral, Twitter activists start looking for anyone who did anything that tangentially relates and destroys everyone they can, it all backfires in spectacular fashion. The goal here is to out the racists not play gotcha with everyone who may or may not be racist but did something years ago that now is deemed racist. Dont sacrifice the game because you need to showboat after scoring.
                              I don't disagree but again we have to go all the way to the to the other extreme before we can find the normal.

Rev Al Sharpton said a million times over the course of the last week that he saw many white guys dressing up as Michael Jackson without the makeup on. That appears to be the standard the African American community wants and frankly I don't have a problem with it.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I can't say I've seen a lick of outrage over a costume of a black celeb. Do you have any sources for that? The only outrage I've seen is over costumes that include blackface.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X