This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

An early contender for Dumbest Argument of 2019. State Senator Lynn Hutchings (R) of Wyoming, explaining her decision to vote against abolishing the death penalty:

“The greatest man who ever lived died via the death penalty for you and me. I’m grateful to him for our future hope because of this. Governments were instituted to execute justice. If it wasn’t for Jesus dying via the death penalty, we would all have no hope.”
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      An early contender for Dumbest Argument of 2019. State Senator Lynn Hutchings (R) of Wyoming, explaining her decision to vote against abolishing the death penalty:
      jfc
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Christ, I sounded like dx with that post.

Obsession
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          . a livable wage......
          Meaning?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I paid out of pocket for my Master's. Didn't really do anything for me. Probably my fault it didn't but I got it in '07 and the entire economy and my bank account went belly up in '08. Made me extremely skittish about the market (jobs, and economy). Just stayed where I am. I make my own hours pretty much and have tons of vacation time. I also for the most part like what I'm doing. I get to talk to a lot of people at a lot of other companies that are in positions in my field and I don't want the job they have. I'm in the wrong profession if you want real self actualization in your life. Came to terms with that about 5 years ago.
            My first Masters will have me in debt until I die. The second one is free and might help me pay off the first one.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Meaning?
              Its 3 words...figure it out.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                My first Masters will have me in debt until I die. The second one is free and might help me pay off the first one.
                Never get a graduate degree the school won't pay for.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Brent, your big problem is that this:

Does not line up with this:

Is not very consistent to say “I don’t look down on them” and then immediately look down on them and say they don’t deserve a living wage.
                  A crappy job can also be an honest job. It's not meant to be a job to rely on to get a livable wage on its own. Lines up perfectly. Frankly, to most people, I have a crappy job. I work warehouse. It's not pretty, it's not glamorous. It's pure physical labor. And it's an honest job. I just happen to make a bit of money doing it.

If you work at the cliched McDonald's, that's a crappy job if you're not a manager of sorts. It's the first step to a long term career either in the company (moving up internally) or getting a job with another company.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    A crappy job can also be an honest job. It's not meant to be a job to rely on to get a livable wage on its own. Lines up perfectly. Frankly, to most people, I have a crappy job. I work warehouse. It's not pretty, it's not glamorous. It's pure physical labor. And it's an honest job. I just happen to make a bit of money doing it.

If you work at the cliched McDonald's, that's a crappy job if you're not a manager of sorts. It's the first step to a long term career either in the company (moving up internally) or getting a job with another company.
                    So if it’s an honest job why don’t they deserve a livable wage? I mean we want people to work honest jobs, even if their “crappy unskilled” jobs, then we should pay them a livable wage.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      So if it’s an honest job why don’t they deserve a livable wage? I mean we want people to work honest jobs, even if their “crappy unskilled” jobs, then we should pay them a livable wage.
                      A fair wage, sure, the $12 figure was mentioned. However, these are jobs that are not meant to provide a living. They are a stepping stone.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        A fair wage, sure, the $12 figure was mentioned. However, these are jobs that are not meant to provide a living. They are a stepping stone.
                        But these jobs are not always "stepping stones".... In retail right now, many jobs are being filled by someone who is stepping back a level (Store manager to Department manager, Department manager to Department Lead) instead of promoting from within. In my store 2 of 6 managers moved up into their positions. The other 4 managers held higher positions elsewhere.

This is common in mid and big box retail right now. Promising candidates get looks but always fall to the guy with "experience" at the level being applied for. It's not like 20 years ago where companies will hire from within. Most hiring is external now...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Obsession
                          You wish. Just an observation of a poor moment of my own behavior. I recommend a bit of self-reflection.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Never get a graduate degree the school won't pay for.
                          Or your parental units.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            But these jobs are not always "stepping stones".... In retail right now, many jobs are being filled by someone who is stepping back a level (Store manager to Department manager, Department manager to Department Lead) instead of promoting from within. In my store 2 of 6 managers moved up into their positions. The other 4 managers held higher positions elsewhere.

This is common in mid and big box retail right now. Promising candidates get looks but always fall to the guy with "experience" at the level being applied for. It's not like 20 years ago where companies will hire from within. Most hiring is external now...
                            That's the thing, not everyone can just magically move up and if they have to live on government assistance while they're in their "stepping stone" job then the taxpayer is basically just subsidizing the company.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              You wish. Just an observation of a poor moment of my own behavior. I recommend a bit of self-reflection.

Or your parental units.
                              Whatever helps you sleep.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Whatever helps you sleep.

You think way too highly of yourself. You and I are basically cut from the same cloth, just a couple of states away. Outraged ex-conservatives who went to fancy schools and are now outraged moderate libs with "smarter than thou" ego complexes.
                                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 02-15-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X