This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

SCARBOROUGH, Me. — Shawn Moody has made his difficult upbringing and success in business the twin pillars of his campaign to become Maine’s next governor, boasting in commercials, debates and speeches about how he built his automobile repair stores from scratch after he was raised by a single mother.

“I would put my record up against anyone about knowing how to grow a successful business,” said Mr. Moody, the Republican nominee in one of the country’s most competitive races for governor.

But for Jill Hayward, herself a single mother, there is nothing quite as painful as seeing Mr. Moody appear on television recounting how he overcame childhood hardship to make Moody’s Collision Centers into a multi-million-dollar regional powerhouse.

In 2006, Ms. Hayward, a former member of management at a Moody’s store, filed a sexual discrimination complaint against Mr. Moody with the Maine Human Rights Commission, accusing him of firing her because he did not think she was up to the job after giving birth to her son. “I want to see you grow,” he told her, according to the previously undisclosed complaint, but with her new parental obligations, “I’m not sure that you can do that in this job.” Mr. Moody ultimately settled the complaint and, she said, paid her around $20,000.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/12/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Don't worry, Moody. Susan Collins has got your back.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Is he a lock?
      Real clear politics and cook political report both rate it as likely D. I'd call it solid D myself. He's up 15-20 points in every poll

Comment

Is he a lock?
        He won in 2014 in a much redder political environment.

I think he's fine.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Why these people say this crap out loud I will never know.
          I’m becoming more and more convinced that to be a Republican you have to have a defective brain. There is some sort of deficiency there.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I’m becoming more and more convinced that to be a Republican you have to have a defective brain. There is some sort of deficiency there.
            Bigger amygdala = more fear. We've been over this.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/12/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Don't worry, Moody. Susan Collins has got your back.
              Just like Susan Collins staffers, she can get another job, right scoobs?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Um, she was fired because she had a kid. She had no choice in the matter.

Collins' staffers are free to find another job anytime they'd like if being yelled at over the phone by angry voters is too stressful for them.

Comment

Is he a lock?
                  Its cute you say that when you guaranteed Scott Walker would be President...

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    Never were much for reading...or nuance were you walrus? Dont worry I am sure Susan will still wave to you when she skips the line at Starbucks to get her coffee!
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Um, she was fired because she had a kid. She had no choice in the matter....
                      Huh wha???

She had no choice in the matter? Abortion still legal in Maine. Birth control still legal in Maine??
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Housely Trying Anything to Make Herself Relevant

“I do miss Nancy Reagan. Ronald even more. Speaking of Bedtime for Bonzo, I think even that chimp stood up straighter than Michelle,” Housley wrote. “Uh-oh, someone is going to make a comment.”

Now...I obviously don't think she meant it that way (hence her comment at the end) but good Lord woman...

She can do her best but Tina is going to beat ya. Your husband's NHL career won't be enough to get you into the Senate.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

She can do her best but Tina is going to beat ya. Your husband's NHL career won't be enough to get you into the Senate.
                          She's banking on her husband's NHL career in every single ad I've seen of hers. The problem with that strategy is that after high school he didn't really have any MN connections during his playing career. Looking at her resume, she has held a number of elected positions, but I had to research that. How many voters are going to really go out there and research that information?
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Housely Trying Anything to Make Herself Relevant

“I do miss Nancy Reagan. Ronald even more. Speaking of Bedtime for Bonzo, I think even that chimp stood up straighter than Michelle,” Housley wrote. “Uh-oh, someone is going to make a comment.”

Now...I obviously don't think she meant it that way (hence her comment at the end) but good Lord woman...

First time paying attention to this race. She mocked someone else's looks? Does she go to the same beautician as Kellyanne Conway?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              First time paying attention to this race. She mocked someone else's looks? Does she go to the same beautician as Kellyanne Conway?
                              Just stop. No one is bullied as much as Melania

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                She's banking on her husband's NHL career in every single ad I've seen of hers. The problem with that strategy is that after high school he didn't really have any MN connections during his playing career. Looking at her resume, she has held a number of elected positions, but I had to research that. How many voters are going to really go out there and research that information?
                                Hey now he coaches hs...but yeah no one under 35 remembers him. Hell I'm 38 and I know him now by reputation than anything. She thinks being a Trumper will be enough but she will be shown to be wrong. She lives in a very strange bubble...

Scooby had her as a lock though I bet
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X