This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: At Least Michigan is Better Than Indiana

Georgia purged 10% of its voters all of whom they said moved out of state or district. Many of those had not. They didn't inform them or make that public until they were threatened with a federal lawsuit. The GOP released the list. This article is sounding the alarm one day before the voter registration deadline (which of course includes voter ID). As of today, that's all since past.

If we had a normal justice system that believed in the Constitution this would be dealt with. But we don't.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90248002...m-voting-rolls
    Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
      You don't send doctored voting notices to your own party that you want to vote. You send them to the people you don't want to vote. And you sure don't tell them to send in their ballots before the due date, you have them send it in after the due date to invalidate them.
      This wasn't some conspiracy (i.e. malice) to suppress votes. This was some Maroon frelling up their own mailer (i.e. stupidity).
      And I'm saying it doesn't matter why it happened it is wrong. I don't care if it was an accident or not any action that leads to people having their voting rights impeded on in such a way should face strict consequence.

The right to vote (or choose not to) is sacred. Anything that takes that away should be prosecuted at the highest level.

FTR I was not saying they did it on purpose just that doing so should bring about Swift action no matter why it happened.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

OK, I know I'm watching the UM-MSU game and all, but I don't see the point of showing me a MI governor's race ad.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          And I'm saying it doesn't matter why it happened it is wrong. I don't care if it was an accident or not any action that leads to people having their voting rights impeded on in such a way should face strict consequence.

The right to vote (or choose not to) is sacred. Anything that takes that away should be prosecuted at the highest level.

FTR I was not saying they did it on purpose just that doing so should bring about Swift action no matter why it happened.
          If stupidity was prosecuted, there would only be a few of us who weren't incarcerated. Congress and the White House would become the new Super-Max.
          Last edited by busterman62; 10-20-2018, 08:48 PM.
          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
          Groucho Marx
          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
          Ron White
          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
          Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
            If stupidity was prosecuted, there would only be a few of us who weren't incarcerated. Congress and the White House would become the new Super-Max.
            You say that like it is a bad thing
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I expect everyone around the nation going hysterical about voter fraud to ask for immediate action here: https://fox13now.com/2018/10/22/conc...g-lds-missions

The best part:

While missionary moms and dads voting for their kids is not a big problem in Utah, local election officials do see one clear threat, people not showing up.
              Really? I was told that the possibility of a single fraudulent vote was worth making the process much more difficult for people. "Not a big problem"?
              Last edited by French Rage; 10-23-2018, 11:48 AM.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/lea...ses-right-vote

Brian Kemp, the Georgia Republican candidate for governor, expressed alarm that his opponent Stacey Abrams’ voter turnout efforts “continues to concern us, especially if everybody uses and exercises their right to vote,” according to an audio recording leaked to Rolling Stone.
                They need to report that to the state official in charge of elections.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/lea...ses-right-vote

They need to report that to the state official in charge of elections.
                  Meh, the full quote isn't wrong. He's telling a group of supporters what's true: if everyone votes, the GOP loses.

He even said everyone had the right to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    He even said everyone had the right to vote.
                    Unless you're black or brown, then he's doing all he can to purge you from the rolls.

Comment

I’m guessing CT will elect this god**** moron.

“Bob Stefanowski, the GOP nominee for governor in Connecticut, is calling into question the need for vaccinating children, saying that “we shouldn’t be dumping a lot of drugs into kids for no reason.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...te-kids-for-no

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

“Bob Stefanowski, the GOP nominee for governor in Connecticut, is calling into question the need for vaccinating children, saying that “we shouldn’t be dumping a lot of drugs into kids for no reason.”

Science is dead. What we all need is a Melisandre.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Unless you're black or brown, then he's doing all he can to purge you from the rolls.
                          Yeah, I get that, but I still don't think his comments, in context, are bad.

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

CT Goopers had a chance at the governor's mansion due to huge unpopularity of Dem incumbent Malloy who's not running for re-election. However, the Dems fortunately nominated Ned Lamont who may ring a bell as the guy who primaried Joe Leibermann after the Iraq War went south. Lamont ran and lost to Malloy 8 years ago in the primary and has no connections to state govt, so he's the consummate wealthy outsider with the added bonus of being a known opponent of the unpopular governor. Hence, Stefanowski's Trump Humping is going to leave him SOL.

Having said that, I can't see 99% of parents voting for the guy. Who doesn't want your kids vaccinated as children and instead would like them to contract preventable diseases? Yes there's always that 1% who are usually survivalist kooks or religious nutters but I can't see this being a winning issue. At least not in CT.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X