LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Just need to keep wearing the blue jerseys. All 6 wins have been in the road jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
      It was a nice rebound game, but a lot of those goals Bednard would usually stop.
      I agree, he was off. He was a wall in Anchorage and UAA outshot Bowling Green.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

BG's last two home games we outshot our opponent a combined 65 to 32 and lost by a combined score of 7-0.

We just looked out of sorts tonight. We better put forth a much stronger effort tomorrow night or we are going to dig ourselves into a deep hole.

Comment

Tough loss tonight.

Comment

Tough loss tonight.
            I have to say that the Lakers, if they continue to play like they did this weekend that they will win a lot of games. LSSU played hard and definitely were prepared to face BG this weekend. Good luck, except when you play BG!

Comment

Tough loss tonight.
              The refs got way too whistle happy. A lot of penalties on both teams although it sounded like they missed a couple by BG in the 3rd. Wouldn't have been a fun game to be at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                The refs got way too whistle happy. A lot of penalties on both teams although it sounded like they missed a couple by BG in the 3rd. Wouldn't have been a fun game to be at.
                The missed penalties were makeups for the phantom ones. Those officials have no business being anywhere in the same zip code as a D1 hockey arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  There was a missed interference call that led directly to the BG 4th goal. Not sure what Crawford had to say about that one, but it seemed like an obvious call that should have been made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                    There was a missed interference call that led directly to the BG 4th goal. Not sure what Crawford had to say about that one, but it seemed like an obvious call that should have been made.
                    I won't disagree. Then again, the tripping call on Schneider when he wasn't physically within reach of the player that fell was almost equally as bad. And blowing the whistle on the faceoff when there were "too many players on the ice" was laughable as well. As I said, those referees shouldn't be allowed in the same zip code as a D1 game.

Speaking of the missed interference, I haven't seen a pick play called as interference in a couple years now.

Comment

I'm surprised Damon didn't start Kossoff on Saturday. He hasn't lost a game yet and posted a shutout the night before.

Despite the loss, a 6-3-1 record is still a respectable 10 game start. Lakers need to start getting more wins on home ice or else it will bite them in the arse.
                      Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 11-18-2018, 08:48 PM.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        I'm surprised Damon didn't start Kossoff on Saturday. He hasn't lost a game yet and he got posted a shutout the night before.

Despite the loss, a 6-3-1 record is still a respectable 10 game start. Lakers need to start getting more wins on home ice or else it will bite them in the arse.
                        If Kossoff continues unbeaten much longer, perhaps Damon will try him on Saturday night games also. To be fair, the past few weeks the Lakers have played better on Friday nights than on Saturday nights, goaltending aside. That's worked to Kossoff's advantage.

Comment

I've been off at hunting camps the last few weeks. I did get to see the Lakers win against Michigan, probably one of the best games I have seen a Laker team play. It has been great to see they guys doing so well this season. Keep it up guys. Different point; each team has a bye weekend why don't they schedule it for Thanksgiving weekend.
                          Go Lakers!

Comment

Just checking in as an outsider and wanted to compliment you on your squad this year. Lakers are a fun group to watch with good speed and transition offense.

Expecting a good year for your team this year.
                            Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Laker54 View Post
                              I've been off at hunting camps the last few weeks. I did get to see the Lakers win against Michigan, probably one of the best games I have seen a Laker team play. It has been great to see they guys doing so well this season. Keep it up guys. Different point; each team has a bye weekend why don't they schedule it for Thanksgiving weekend.
                              I am not sure if teams have a say in when the bye week comes. I think that is determined by the league?

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                                I am not sure if teams have a say in when the bye week comes. I think that is determined by the league?
                                Teams can select a certain number of weeks to not play at home. Then you have the non-conference game, which are often contracted well in advance to skip around when building the WCHA Schedule.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X