LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Bench players who are not producing and making costly mistakes . Bring in the third goalie to fight for a job and put pressure on the two goalies rotating each week. Make every player fight for a job and bench them if they don't . Stop the useless penalties and not play players who can't stay out of them . Don't coach the players on playing them better, teach them how to be better players .

Comment

Where is all the love that was there after beating Michigan? This is the exact repeat of 2 years ago. They often say that the definition of foolishness is to keep doing the same thing and expecting change.

If we want to compete with Bowling Green or Minnesota State, then give the program the resources like those schools give their programs. If we want to compete with Huntsville and Fairbanks, let’s keep doing what we’re doing. You can’t keep booking a room a Motel 6 and expect it to be like the Hilton Garden when you walk through the door!
      Last edited by RapidsCity; 11-11-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Once again we know why the lakers have been pick to finished in the bottom four .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          What a useless bunch of hockey players . To this day they cannot handle pressure and crack like eggs. Put a bit of pressure on this team and they fold like a deck of cards. Whitten has done nothing with improving this program. He is so far in over his head and has no clue what to do . I am sure the fans there tonight,may hesitate before spending more money on this team. Alaska was picked to finish in the bottom three in league and they made the Lakers look like kids. Another long boring season for sure.
          I'm not a Laker fan, but I don't get this post. Wasn't this their first loss of the season?
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

No it wasn't.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              I'm not a Laker fan, but I don't get this post. Wasn't this their first loss of the season?
              They are 5-2-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                They are 5-2-1.
                That seems like a very respectable record. ???
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

That seems like a very respectable record. ???
                  Suze, speaking for myself, the game was a huge disappointment largely because of what I stated in my prior post. Last season, the Lakers had a big problem (all season long) with giving up goals in the first and last 2 minutes of periods. Saturday, after finally getting a 3 goal lead in what had been a very tight game, the Lakers took a stupid penalty late in the 2nd period, the Nanooks score a PP goal with 21 seconds left in the period to switch momentum their way. Then the Nanooks scored again a little over a minute into the 3rd period when someone on the Lakers missed a defensive assignment. That really gave them a lot of momentum. Their third goal was middle of the period, on the PP. The Lakers took another undisciplined penalty late in the game (while tied) and the Nanooks scored the winning goal on the PP with just over a minute left. 3 of the 4 Nanooks goals were within a minute and a quarter of either the beginning or end of a period so it is very frustrating to see that problem for the Lakers creeping up again when we had to live through it much of last season. And it was triggered/compounded on Saturday by taking stupid/undisciplined penalties.

The Lakers overall record isn't bad at this point, but the nature of Saturday's loss brings back a bad taste of what happened too often last season.

Comment

Bench players who are not producing and making costly mistakes
                    They were rolling basically 2 1/2 lines all weekend long. I wish I could find the TOI for each player this weekend. The top 6 forwards would've ate close to 90% of ice time. They seemed to try and change centers more than anything else. I wouldn't doubt that the fourth line got a total of 4 minutes total this whole weekend.

So of course Saturday night they come out with buckets on their feet.

Also, Sm2pk, I think your last post was a bit out of line. You call the players useless, then go on to blame the team.

Yes, I was hesitant to spend more money on the team, but that stems from some other personal issues.

But you've also got to realize that this was an Alaska team that went head to head with 3 of the top teams in the nation, almost all on the road: At home, they lost to St. Cloud by 1 pt, tied Denver on the road. They have shown flashes of brilliance this year, and that's what most of us were saying going into last weekend.

The big question now is how will the team respond to this adversity this weekend? We'll be on the road against a #10 Bowling Green, a team that we should, on paper, lose to. But that was the same story for Michigan. And hell, we're still at #4 in the WCHA standings.
                    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      Suze, speaking for myself, the game was a huge disappointment largely because of what I stated in my prior post. Last season, the Lakers had a big problem (all season long) with giving up goals in the first and last 2 minutes of periods. Saturday, after finally getting a 3 goal lead in what had been a very tight game, the Lakers took a stupid penalty late in the 2nd period, the Nanooks score a PP goal with 21 seconds left in the period to switch momentum their way. Then the Nanooks scored again a little over a minute into the 3rd period when someone on the Lakers missed a defensive assignment. That really gave them a lot of momentum. Their third goal was middle of the period, on the PP. The Lakers took another undisciplined penalty late in the game (while tied) and the Nanooks scored the winning goal on the PP with just over a minute left. 3 of the 4 Nanooks goals were within a minute and a quarter of either the beginning or end of a period so it is very frustrating to see that problem for the Lakers creeping up again when we had to live through it much of last season. And it was triggered/compounded on Saturday by taking stupid/undisciplined penalties.

The Lakers overall record isn't bad at this point, but the nature of Saturday's loss brings back a bad taste of what happened too often last season.
                      Still not exactly sure what they did to warrant a call for faceoff violation. It's not something I see called enough to know.

As for this weekend in general, our hot start makes me think of past seasons (2016, 2013) where we've gotten off to a hot start in October and fallen apart afterwards. How things went over the weekend makes me think we're in store for that again.
                      Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

Yeah, that makes sense. But teams can be hot and cold. Not every team is going to be spectacular every series. I liked Whitten when he was at UAA, and I hope the best for your program, when they aren't playing UAA.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Still not exactly sure what they did to warrant a call for faceoff violation. It's not something I see called enough to know.

The Laker Player used his hand to push the puck on the faceoff.

PENALTY—Minor.
                          Both players facing-off are prohibited from batting the puck with their
                          hand in an attempt to win the faceoff. Any attempt by either center to win
                          the faceoff by batting the puck with their hand is prohibited.
                          Last edited by TrueLakerBlue; 11-12-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Once again we know why the lakers have been pick to finished in the bottom four .
                            I watched much of your game tonight, and the Lakers looked like a top 5 team. Bowling Green is a good team. The Lakers made them look pretty bad.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I watched much of your game tonight, and the Lakers looked like a top 5 team. Bowling Green is a good team. The Lakers made them look pretty bad.
                              It was a nice rebound game, but a lot of those goals Bednard would usually stop.

Comment

Great win for the Lakers. They played hard for the full 60 minutes and got rewarded for their effort. Bednard may have had an off night but as it turns out the Lakers only needed to get 1 goal by him and they got 5. Lakers played great D and got great goaltending. Still too many penalties although it sounded like at least one or two of the calls were bad, especially the tripping penalty on McKay in the 2nd period.

Comment

Working...
                                X