• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Booyah!

Comment

Well done, Lakers! Big non-conference win!
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Nice win Lakers! and a good one for the WCHA!
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

What year of hockey is Steve Ruggierio in ? I know he played out in Providence for two seasons and last year and this year for the Lakers and he is listed as being in his sophomore year . What is the scoop on Ruggierio ?
          Last edited by sm2pk; 11-03-2018, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            What year of hockey is Steve Ruggierio in ? I know he played out in Providence for two seasons and last year and this year for the Lakers and he is listed as being in his sophomore year . What is the scoop on Ruggierio ?
            He's a Junior. He was at Providence for his first collegiate season. He started his second season there and then left school and went back to play in the USHL that same season before coming to the Lakers last year.

He used up a year and a half of eligibility at Providence, leaving him with two and a half years left. He started playing with the Lakers the second semester last season.
            Last edited by Bill; 11-03-2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Thanks Bill .

Comment

Nicely done! A repeat tonight won’t offend anyone that matters. 😎

Comment

I was gone part of the evening and wasn't able to listen to much of the game, but did catch Damon's post game chat with Bill C and it sounded like we had a few too may defensive mistakes and turnovers that Michigan was able to capitalize on. Still, a 5-1 start to the season is pretty good. Have to regroup, have a good week of practice, and play strong for the home conference series against Alaska next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Still, a 5-1 start to the season is pretty good.
                    Nicely underplayed!

Comment

I was gone part of the evening and wasn't able to listen to much of the game, but did catch Damon's post game chat with Bill C and it sounded like we had a few too may defensive mistakes and turnovers that Michigan was able to capitalize on. Still, a 5-1 start to the season is pretty good. Have to regroup, have a good week of practice, and play strong for the home conference series against Alaska next weekend.
                      To be honest, the team looked gassed, whereas Michigan looked like they had fresh legs. There were a few defensive mistakes (turnovers, couldn't keep the zone) that certainly hurt the team, but we looked slow.

I mean, after what they did Friday, it was to be expected, and I'm a little disappointment that they didn't put in a fresh pair of legs or two, but again it's a bit understandable considering how they played Friday, nobody really deserved to be out of the lineup, though McKay should've had more minutes at the very least.
                      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Got some new accolades this week!

#4 play of the week here on USCHO: https://www.uscho.com/2018/11/05/usc...-week-nov-1-3/

and Nordqvist takes home the WCHA Rookie of the Week: http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/201...f-the-week.php
                        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                          To be honest, the team looked gassed, whereas Michigan looked like they had fresh legs. There were a few defensive mistakes (turnovers, couldn't keep the zone) that certainly hurt the team, but we looked slow.

I mean, after what they did Friday, it was to be expected, and I'm a little disappointment that they didn't put in a fresh pair of legs or two, but again it's a bit understandable considering how they played Friday, nobody really deserved to be out of the lineup, though McKay should've had more minutes at the very least.
                          I think McKay is really only in there for penalty kill.

While they did play well Friday, the bottom 6-7 group of forwards has 1 goal and that was an empty netter by Ambrosio in Huntsville in 6 games. You have Calder at a -6 and Guy at a -4 so far on the season. The only one finding the score sheet is Veillette with some assists, but those have all come on the power play I believe.

They will need to start getting production out of the bottom 6 eventually so why not give some other guys a look when the current 3rd and 4th line players are not producing.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                            I think McKay is really only in there for penalty kill.

While they did play well Friday, the bottom 6-7 group of forwards has 1 goal and that was an empty netter by Ambrosio in Huntsville in 6 games. You have Calder at a -6 and Guy at a -4 so far on the season. The only one finding the score sheet is Veillette with some assists, but those have all come on the power play I believe.

They will need to start getting production out of the bottom 6 eventually so why not give some other guys a look when the current 3rd and 4th line players are not producing.
                            I think we have more depth at forward this season than Damon's first few years but I agree that we do need to start getting more scoring from the 3rd and 4th lines, whoever is playing on them. Not necessarily a lot of scoring, but certainly more than we've been getting so far.

Comment

I think we have more depth at forward this season than Damon's first few years but I agree that we do need to start getting more scoring from the 3rd and 4th lines, whoever is playing on them. Not necessarily a lot of scoring, but certainly more than we've been getting so far.
                              Or at least shut down the other team. Michigan had 5 even strength goals over the weekend, and the 4th line was on the ice for at least 3 of them.

Comment

The Lakers have received a verbal commitment from Joshua Wildauer, a forward currently playing for Coquitlam of the BCHL. A Michigan (Dearborn Heights) kid with a 99 birth date.

https://www.coquitlamexpress.ca/stat...oshua-wildauer

Comment

Working...
                                X