LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

This weekend is going to be a huge test for the Lakers . With Mittens playing better then Kossoff , I wonder if Mitten starts Friday night .

Comment

Interesting article on proposed changes to the NCAA recruiting process (to be voted on next Spring):

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/spo...uiting-process

Comment

I wonder if we'll see Randy Russon cover the Lakers this season? You would think he would cover them at least a little bit after a 4-0 start.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          This weekend is going to be a huge test for the Lakers . With Mittens playing better then Kossoff , I wonder if Mitten starts Friday night .
          The concerning thing is that Mittens still tends to go down very early. A skilled team like Michigan may be able to take advantage of that unlike Merrimack and Huntsville.

Kossoff did make some huge saves last Friday when it was a 1-1 game.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            I wonder if we'll see Randy Russon cover the Lakers this season? You would think he would cover them at least a little bit after a 4-0 start.
            His Laker coverage went way down after Owen Headrick left. I don't get the impression that he's a Damon Whitten fan.

Comment

Michigan has lost 23 times in the Soo (LSSU is 23-19-3 at home). Let's make it 25 times by Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                His Laker coverage went way down after Owen Headrick left. I don't get the impression that he's a Damon Whitten fan.
                Whatever happened to Owen Headrick ? Where is he playing at now ? Is he still with Erie ?

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  Randy hasn't had an article up about the Lakers in ages. And like Bill mentioned, it dropped significantly since Headrick left.

But if you look at my signature, myself and a friend have been trying to cover the Lakers as best as we can, seeing as it's 2 person crew, to make up for the lack of local coverage.
                  LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    Whatever happened to Owen Headrick ? Where is he playing at now ? Is he still with Erie ?
                    Nah, last year was his final year with Erie. He had a 4 game stint with the Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL, but he's currently playing out at the University of Prince Edward Island, in the USports, since he still has a few years of college eligibility left.
                    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                      Michigan has lost 23 times in the Soo (LSSU is 23-19-3 at home). Let's make it 25 times by Saturday night.
                      Would love to see that. Michigan will be by far the most talented team the Lakes have faced in this still young season. The Lakers will really need to play good D and get good goaltending, while still scoring enough goals themselves.

Comment

Still undefeated this year. Great 5-2 win by the Lakers tonight!

Comment

Nice one...congrats!

Comment

Great win . I watched it on the internet and the Lakers looked as good as Mi.

Comment

Nice job Lake State. High five.
                              https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Congrats! Great win.. finish em off tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X