LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    It is good to win the opener . We didn't need Boreks revenge .
    We got goals from guys who are expected to lead the team offensively, so that was good to see.

Sounds like Hampus Eriksson is out with an injury; maybe about 4 weeks.

Merrimack is supposed to play at LSSU next season.

I suspect we'll see Semandel and Mitens tomorrow although maybe Damon won't want to fidget with the lineup.
    Last edited by Bill; 10-06-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Two games,two wins,great way to start a new season .

Comment

Two games,two wins,great way to start a new season .
        After having a very good game last night, it sounded like the power play was pretty bad today, but we got the W and that's what counts. I think Mitens kind of saved us today.

Comment

Nice wins, Lakers! Best of luck this year!

Comment

2 good wins on the road ... nice job!

Comment

Nellis' penalty shot made USCHO's Plays of the Week.

Also, congrats to Mitens and Veillette for being named WCHA players of the week: http://lakerhockeyblog.com/2018/10/0...kly-accolades/
              Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

This weekend should allow for all the players getting playing time.

Comment

This weekend should allow for all the players getting playing time.
                  Did Damon say on the coaches show why Miura did not make the trip to Merrimack?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                    Did Damon say on the coaches show why Miura did not make the trip to Merrimack?
                    I was wondering that also. I tried to listen to the show last evening but there was something else on. I heard later that the radio tower that carries WKNW ESPN1400 had some wind damage and was awaiting repair and the show was on WSOO instead. Hopefully the podcast will be up at the Lakers hockey website later today.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      I was wondering that also. I tried to listen to the show last evening but there was something else on. I heard later that the radio tower that carries WKNW ESPN1400 had some wind damage and was awaiting repair and the show was on WSOO instead. Hopefully the podcast will be up at the Lakers hockey website later today.
                      I did not see a podcast when looking tonight. I hope to tune in the show tomorrow morning at work.

Comment

It was good to see more players got a chance to play last night.

Comment

Wondering if anyone had any insight into Melvin Karlsson sitting the two games at MC? Was that expected due to his place on the roster or is that a result of his playing a handful of SHL games and an NCAA ruling. I saw he played last night but figured the exhibition may be exempt from penalty? I ask because UNH has a player in Filip Engaras who played six SHL games and did not dress at Colgate yesterday. He is certainly amongst their top nine forward talents, so...

Curious if there is a penalty what it might be? Or if Karlsson is known to be serving a penalty or not??
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Wondering if anyone had any insight into Melvin Karlsson sitting the two games at MC? Was that expected due to his place on the roster or is that a result of his playing a handful of SHL games and an NCAA ruling. I saw he played last night but figured the exhibition may be exempt from penalty? I ask because UNH has a player in Filip Engaras who played six SHL games and did not dress at Colgate yesterday. He is certainly amongst their top nine forward talents, so...

Curious if there is a penalty what it might be? Or if Karlsson is known to be serving a penalty or not??
                            I don't think there was a penalty in Karlsson's case. I think he is still adjusting to playing on a smaller ice sheet (he's used to playing on Olympic size sheets in Sweden) plus still just adjusting to being over here and not in Sweden.

Comment

With the Europeans and one player from Japan, I wonder if there is a language gap there that makes coaching a little bit tricky .

Comment

With the Europeans and one player from Japan, I wonder if there is a language gap there that makes coaching a little bit tricky .
                                Just as long as he coaches them to put the puck in the net! Sounds like some zamboni issues tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X