X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

The Lakers enter the rankings at #20!
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
      The Lakers enter the rankings at #20!
      What a treat that was seeing the Lakers ranked .

Comment

Congrat's guys. The Lakers definately deserve it. Nice to see another WCHA team in the top 20!

Comment

Calder named WCHA Co-Rookie of the Week: http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...20181119rft1p4
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Will not be very many at the games this weekend. I will watch the games on the internet and not have to worry about that drive up north to see them play .

Comment

I think it's B.S. the Lakers seem to play at home almost every Thanksgiving weekend and have to deal with no students and poor attendance.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Good home win for the Lakers. Now they need to back it up with another strong performance tomorrow night and another W.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                  I think it's B.S. the Lakers seem to play at home almost every Thanksgiving weekend and have to deal with no students and poor attendance.
                  Chances are you either play home at the beginning of Turkey Break or at the end of Turkey Break. Same with Christmas Break & Spring Break.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

This Saturday slump is getting old. That's 4 straight losses on Saturday night. Even going with Kossoff for a change didn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      This Saturday slump is getting old. That's 4 straight losses on Saturday night. Even going with Kossoff for a change didn't help.
                      This was the best they've looked on a Saturday.

They did look a bit slow, but if it wasn't for that empty net, we would've had a chance after getting a late goal in the 3rd. If we could stay out of the box, it would certainly help our chances.
                      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Splitting every weekend only makes you a 500 team and we know that doesn't get you a spot in the nationals .

Comment

New poll is out: Lakers are still sitting at #20.
                          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Comment

We have a new D-man commitment for next season, Arvid Henrikson.

https://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/971963

A bit of a surprise since we have plenty of D-men. It may be that the coaches feel Ruggiero and possibly Saccoman are considering turning pro after this season.
                            Last edited by Bill; 11-27-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

We have a new D-man commitment for next season, Arvid Henrikson.

https://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/971963

A bit of a surprise since we have plenty of D-men. It may be that the coaches feel Ruggiero and possibly Saccoman are considering turning pro after this season.
                              Ruggiero was amongst some of the last cut from the Ducks camp, right? I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone after the year.

As for Saccoman? I thought I heard a rumor that a scout was talking to him last season after one of the games. Plus, given his skill level, I doubted from the start that he'd be here 4 years, though he does seem to have a good head on his shoulders, so I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if he stuck around until graduation/end of next season.
                              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                                Ruggiero was amongst some of the last cut from the Ducks camp, right? I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone after the year.

As for Saccoman? I thought I heard a rumor that a scout was talking to him last season after one of the games. Plus, given his skill level, I doubted from the start that he'd be here 4 years, though he does seem to have a good head on his shoulders, so I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if he stuck around until graduation/end of next season.
                                We have 9 D on the roster now and none of them are Seniors. I have to think one or more of those 9 guys won't be back next season.
                                Last edited by Bill; 11-27-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X