LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Lakers remain at #19 in this week's USCHO poll.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

From the Laker Hockey Show, this will be Steven Ruggiero's last season with the Lakers. He will be graduating and moving on to play pro hockey.

Comment

Good for Ruggiero . I am sure he will always be thankful to Lake State for giving him the opportunity to play Division 1 hockey after his departure from Providence .

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
          From the Laker Hockey Show, this will be Steven Ruggiero's last season with the Lakers. He will be graduating and moving on to play pro hockey.
          Had he been granted another year of eligibility, having played in 2 seasons at Providence and 2 at LSSU?
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Had he been granted another year of eligibility, having played in 2 seasons at Providence and 2 at LSSU?
            I don't think so. Even if he had, I think most of us were expecting that he would be going pro after this season. Nice to hear that he will be getting his degree.

Comment

I will be very surprised if Saccoman comes back next season.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                I will be very surprised if Saccoman comes back next season.
                He's likely been talked to by pro scouts but you never know what any given player is going to do. Will he get an offer that is to good to pass up after this season? How serious is he about coming back next season to get his degree? Or he could leave, then finish up his degree in between pro seasons, but would he want to do it that way? Yeah it's possible the Lakers could lose him after this season; maybe they will, maybe they won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  He's likely been talked to by pro scouts but you never know what any given player is going to do. Will he get an offer that is to good to pass up after this season? How serious is he about coming back next season to get his degree? Or he could leave, then finish up his degree in between pro seasons, but would he want to do it that way? Yeah it's possible the Lakers could lose him after this season; maybe they will, maybe they won't.
                  The feeling that I've always got from Saccoman whenever I've had the pleasure to talk to him, was that he was interested in getting his degree. But like you say, Bill, what kind of offers may he get? Big guaranteed money & some time on an AHL team? I may take that.

But really at this point in the season, let's just sit back and watch what has basically been a dream season finish up. Hopefully we solidify home ice & get a good playoff run out of it, maybe even an invite to the NCAAs, which is still a possibility. We'll likely find out very quickly after the last game of the season, whenever that is, who is staying & who is going.
                  LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Cannot wait for the series this weekend, only wish I could get there this weekend.

Will it be Damon and the Lakers sticking it to Tech or will Tech realize they need to play big boy hockey against this team and get some revenge for taking our tournament from us.

Reason calls for a split, but not sure what to think at this point.

Tech played well against Mankato, hope it translates to this series.

U.P. Power on display this weekend....

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                      Cannot wait for the series this weekend, only wish I could get there this weekend.

Will it be Damon and the Lakers sticking it to Tech or will Tech realize they need to play big boy hockey against this team and get some revenge for taking our tournament from us.

Reason calls for a split, but not sure what to think at this point.

Tech played well against Mankato, hope it translates to this series.

U.P. Power on display this weekend....
                      Although their overall record is good, the Lakers haven't played all that well at home this season, so a split sounds reasonable. If there were to be a sweep, Tech probably has just as good a chance for it as the Lakers do.

Comment

USCHO did a nice interview of Damon:

https://www.uscho.com/podcasts/2019/...ht-episode-18/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Although their overall record is good, the Lakers haven't played all that well at home this season, so a split sounds reasonable. If there were to be a sweep, Tech probably has just as good a chance for it as the Lakers do.
                          Also when is the last time the Lakers swept the Huskies in a series? 1990's? We have fared pretty poorly against Tech since the move to the WCHA in 2013.

Comment

Also when is the last time the Lakers swept the Huskies in a series? 1990's? We have fared pretty poorly against Tech since the move to the WCHA in 2013.
                            I am guessing before the 1990s. The Lakers did not seem to do to well in Houghton in the 90's from my memory. Need the old Lacher video from 94..

Comment

It may have been 83-84. When we were in the CCHA, Tech (and Northern) were in the WCHA and we didn't play them all that often. When we did, it usually wasn't a normal 2 game series. We sometimes played Tech one night and Northern the next. Or sometimes home and home with one of the teams. Or sometimes even single games.

Comment

Here's your answer.

All-time MTU vs LSSU

30 weekend series total (27 at one site, 3 home-and-home)
                                16 series in Houghton, 11 in the Soo

12 times Tech swept
                                4 times Tech won and tied
                                12 times they split
                                1 time LSSU won and tied
                                1 time LSSU swept

That one sweep came on Feb 24-25 of 1983 at the Norris Center with 2-1 and 6-3 wins, and was the last CCHA conference series between the teams.

Since the Lakers joined the WCHA, the record between the two schools is 13-3-3 in favor of the Huskies.

Comment

Working...
                                X