No announcement yet.

LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was fortunate enough to catch both of this weekends games, way to go Lakers!! The team played hard all weekend, and the power play was really clicking. I do believe this is the high water mark for the program in close to 2 decades. Very proud alumni over here!

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

What a great game to be at. It was exciting and nerve wracking and fun and just all around hold on tight hockey. The Lakers looked great tonight and made you believe that this team and program are heading in the right direction after so many years of looking for themselves.
      Last edited by sm2pk; 01-01-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Nice job, guys. I’m not sure what Whitten did over the off-season because last fall at Munn in East Lansing the Lakers looked to be sorely lacking in talent and speed but I was very impressed with them this weekend. I’m only 30, but I dare say this might be the most noise a Laker squad has ever made in my living memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
          Nice job, guys. I’m not sure what Whitten did over the off-season because last fall at Munn in East Lansing the Lakers looked to be sorely lacking in talent and speed but I was very impressed with them this weekend. I’m only 30, but I dare say this might be the most noise a Laker squad has ever made in my living memory.
          You are a bit to young to recall the days in the 80s and 90s when the Lakers were a national power house .

Comment

I can vaguely remember the last years that Lake State was a team to watch (mid-90s). My parents had a vacation home in Pellston, and back then their games were often covered by the sports departments at 9&10 and 7&4 out of Traverse City.

We were talking with your backup radio guy last night, and in his opinion, the biggest change since last year was getting some of the Negative Nellies (Hand, in particular, was mentioned) off the team.

Comment

I was really surprised at the amount of Laker fans that were at LCA for the GLI this year.

It was an incredible experience, one I won't soon forget. From the time I stepped into the arena Sunday to the time we lifted that trophy, I just knew we had it in the bag. Something just felt right, like I wasn't second guessing myself or this team for the first time in a long time.

I'll write my full feelings on the tournament on our blog (see sig) probably later today or tomorrow, but I'm still riding that high. Way to go Lakers!
              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Winning the way they did down at the LCA gave a sign that the Lakers are on the right path with this coaching staff . I was also surprised how many Mi. and State fans stayed to watch some of the championship game.

Comment

I hope the Lakers don't have a GLI Championship hangover and stumble against UAA.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    I hope the Lakers don't have a GLI Championship hangover and stumble against UAA.
                    The good news is that they were going to stay in Detroit and fly out from there, so they aren't coming back to campus just to turn around. That should help matters some.
                    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

It's nice that Eriksson and Basilico got goals yesterday. The more guys we can get going on the scoreboard, the better, both for this season and the future.
                      Last edited by Bill; 01-03-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers out to the Humitz family. Max's dad passed away on New Years Day.

Comment

Sorry to hear that .

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            It's nice that Eriksson and Basilico got goals yesterday. The more guys we can get going on the scoreboard, the better, both for this season and the future.
                            It was good to see Basilico score. The guy has been everywhere on the ice, doing everything right other than being able to score.
                            LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Thoughts and prayers out to the Humitz family. Max's dad passed away on New Years Day.
                              I sure hate to hear that. Love, stick taps, and good wishes from Huntsville.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Same thing as always with Anchorage video feed. Won't even go a full minute without freezing.

Comment

Working...
                                X