Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
    Lakers have yet to win a Saturday game at home, so if they win you would have to show up to all remaining Saturday home games.
    And the Beavers have had issues with Saturdays, only netting two sweeps on the year, at Anchorage and then last week at home against Tech.......
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
      Why? Because Miami has been in the NCHC's basement for most of it's existence, and Western is only starting to climb in the standings.
      The irony here is that when the NCHC was forming Miami tried to block Western from getting in...……….not "elite" enough. Western hockey fans really love it when they beat Miami. Western is hanging on the edge (#13 Pairwise) They have been swept at Denver and St. Cloud. However, they host Denver this weekend and St. Cloud later in the season. Probably need at least a split in both to have a shot at NCAAs.

Comment

Lakers have a respectable 3-1-1 record at home on Friday but a horrid 0-4-1 at home at Saturday. Why can't we win at home on Saturdays?
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          Lakers have a respectable 3-1-1 record at home on Friday but a horrid 0-4-1 at home at Saturday. Why can't we win at home on Saturdays?
          Curse of the yellow jerseys.

Comment

I just noticed a Bennet Vida plays defense for the Lakers . Who is he and where did he come from ? Was he a walk on ,a recruit ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
              I just noticed a Bennet Vida plays defense for the Lakers . Who is he and where did he come from ? Was he a walk on ,a recruit ?
              I think he's a walk on. Played junior hockey out east although he's from western Canada. He's played a bit for the Lakers in some exhibition games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                I think he's a walk on. Played junior hockey out east although he's from western Canada. He's played a bit for the Lakers in some exhibition games.
                Correct, Vida's from Alberta, Canada and played in the AJHL before coming to the Eastern Hockey League (EHL) for the remainder of his junior hockey career.

https://www.easternhockeyleague.org/...le/show/832792

So while he played in the AJ which has a decent track record of D1 recruits, the EHL is not known for producing same. I would expect he'll get little to no ice at LSSU given the program's upward trajectory, but that's just me.

Comment

Thanks for the information from you both .

Comment

Lakers need a sweep this weekend to keep home ice position. Michigan Tech is pretty much guaranteed to sweep UAA easily.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      Lakers need a sweep this weekend to keep home ice position. Michigan Tech is pretty much guaranteed to sweep UAA easily.
                      I guess you never know. BSU dropped a game to UAA.

Comment

Humitz looking great tonight with 2 goals and some nice passing from Cuglietta.

Comment

Great win! Nice to see Yuki get his first Laker goal tonight. Lakers started off slow but were definitely the better team the 2nd and 3rd period.

Comment

Good win .

Comment

Lakers are lucky they’re not down 4 or 5 to nothing after the 1st period. They look like they have lead in their skates.

Comment

Huntsville did this to the lakers a couple weeks ago.They lost the first night and came back the second night and would not let the Lakers breathe . Bemidji has not allowed the Lakers to breathe . The Lakers seriously need a game plan that can play against a smothering game plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X