LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Lakers last Saturday night home win...January 13, 2018 against Ferris State.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      Lakers last Saturday night home win...January 13, 2018 against Ferris State.
      Wearing special blue uniforms for Check Slash Survive tonight. Hope it breaks the curse.
      Last edited by lakersparty; 02-16-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Cuglietta 20 goals! Lakers 20 wins!! SWEEP!!

Comment

Wow, that's a really good Lake State team, best I've seen from them in decades. Damon is doing a great job.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Awesome sweep!! Hard to believe it's the first time in 35 years since we swept Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
              North Dakota passed Lakers last night with their win at Western.
              Yeah, but I thought we were tied with Penn State? Maybe that was last week?

Either way, ND and Penn both lost Friday and stayed ahead so we probably can’t make up much ground. That home series with Alaska was a killer.

Comment

I do not think our non-conference games helped that much this year. The WCHA may end up sending one team to the nationals unless someone can upset MN. State.

Comment

Well Lakers got it done, Both teams played well over the weekend, got good goaltending, but the senior leadership of the Lakers was the key, made the plays when needed.
                  Good luck the rest of the way, next week will be very interesting. The battle with BG looks even based on one upper division team and one lower division team for both over the next two weeks.
                  Tech played much better than the GLI, but could not capitalize on it.

Comment

Playing around with the Pairwise future results, I think we're very much still in play but we definitely have to win out the regular season. We did what we needed to do by sweeping Tech. Now let's sweep the other UP school. I'm very impressed with the talent on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                      Yeah, but I thought we were tied with Penn State? Maybe that was last week?

Either way, ND and Penn both lost Friday and stayed ahead so we probably can’t make up much ground. That home series with Alaska was a killer.
                      Looking back to Lakersparty post, the Lakers were tied with Notre Dame for 18th at the end of last week. Notre Dame moved ahead when they beat Michigan Tuesday. I think the Lakers have always been behind Penn State.

Penn State plays at Notre Dame in 2 weeks. I think we are cheering for Minnesota to sweep Notre Dame this upcoming weekend and then Notre Dame to sweep Penn State in 2 weeks.

As Lakersparty said, Lakers need to win out the regular season to have any chance at the at large. They would need to sweep Alaska in the first round as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                        I do not think our non-conference games helped that much this year. The WCHA may end up sending one team to the nationals unless someone can upset MN. State.
                        Another non conference series instead of the 2 games vs Nip****ing, or game at USANDP would be very beneficial right now.

Comment

Tipping my cap to y'all for getting to 20 wins!
                          Michael Napier - UAH '97
                          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                          U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                          NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                          CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                          CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Clocked in at #18 in this week's poll.
                            LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

I ran a quick pairwise calculation and if every team wins who is ranked higher in each matchup, the Lakers would end up 16th in the Pairwise. Obviously, that won't necessarily happen and there could be a number of upsets ahead of us with some big games on tap for the final couple of weeks. That also doesn't count in playoffs.

Lakers basically have to win all their remaining games or its most likely conference tourney champs or no bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                                Another non conference series instead of the 2 games vs Nip****ing, or game at USANDP would be very beneficial right now.
                                Lakers were orginally suppossed to play Denver the 3rd weekend of October at Abel Arena but Denver backed out.

Comment

Working...
                                X