LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

I heard somewhere Bill Crawford is retiring from announcing at the end of this season. Any truth to this?
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 01-31-2019, 02:49 AM.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      I heard somewhere Bill Crawford is retiring from announcing from announcing at the end of this season. Any truth to this?
      He has said it a few times over the last few years, so I'll believe the rumors when it finally happens.
      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

An impressive offensive performance tonight. The Lakers are really making Ferris pay for their penalties.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
          An impressive offensive performance tonight. The Lakers are really making Ferris pay for their penalties.
          And they made us pay for a couple of our penalties late in the game. Good win in a tough place to play but I'd like to see the Lakers do a better job of staying out of the box.

Comment

Nice win. Great to see Nellis end his goal scoring drought and Calder scoring a couple goals is great to see as well. Hoping we can finish the sweep tomorrow as the Lakers haven't swept Ferris in their barn since the '90s I believe

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              Nice win. Great to see Nellis end his goal scoring drought and Calder scoring a couple goals is great to see as well. Hoping we can finish the sweep tomorrow as the Lakers haven't swept Ferris in their barn since the '90s I believe
              We haven't swept Ferris at all since 2010.

Road? The best I could find was 1993. It doesn't help that the CCHA had many weekends of one opponent one night and another the next. While looking it up, I saw many times where we played Ferris on Friday but played Western or State on Saturday.
              Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Here we are in February and the Lakers are still in the mix of things. They have a shot at home ice for the play-offs and if they keep winning,a shot at the nationals. It has been a long time since we have been able to watch the Lakers make such huge strides in a season .

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                  We haven't swept Ferris at all since 2010.

Road? The best I could find was 1993. It doesn't help that the CCHA had many weekends of one opponent one night and another the next. While looking it up, I saw many times where we played Ferris on Friday but played Western or State on Saturday.
                  Feels good the Lakers were finally able to sweep at Ferris. Would be great to see Ferris miss out on the playoffs.

Comment

Sweep!!

Comment

Awesome sweep! Great to see Gamelin get his first career goal.

Also with the win the Lakers will have at least a .500 conference record for the first time since 1999-2000.

Comment

Getting near the end of the season and hockey is still fun . Best season in ages for Laker fans to watch . No sweating out the play-offs this year. The Lakers are making them this year with room to spare .

Comment

Wow! Great weekend Lakers. We are looking forward to watching the Tech series!
                          Go Lakers!

Comment

With no games for the Lakers this week, I'm turning my attention to the teams ahead of LSSU in the Pairwise. Would be nice to see BU beat Northeastern tonight, Minnesota sweep Penn State, Maine sweep Providence, and UMass-Lowell drop a couple of games this weekend. Bowling Green and Notre Dame are idle just like us.

13. Northeastern
                            14. UMass-Lowell
                            15. Bowling Green
                            16. Notre Dame
                            17. Providence
                            18. Penn State
                            19. LSSU

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                              With no games for the Lakers this week, I'm turning my attention to the teams ahead of LSSU in the Pairwise. Would be nice to see BU beat Northeastern tonight, Minnesota sweep Penn State, Maine sweep Providence, and UMass-Lowell drop a couple of games this weekend. Bowling Green and Notre Dame are idle just like us.

13. Northeastern
                              14. UMass-Lowell
                              15. Bowling Green
                              16. Notre Dame
                              17. Providence
                              18. Penn State
                              19. LSSU
                              Jumping to 19th this weekend certainly makes things interesting, but I still feel like, realistically, we need to win the tournament to get a bid into the big show.

Technically, BG (43pts), LSSU(41pts) or Northern(39pts) could jump over Minnesota state(54pts), but that would require a massive breakdown for the Mavericks, so I don't think we'll get a bid from that. MSU, BG & LSSU have 18 possible points still on the table, and NMU has 24, as an FYI. And considering that MSU has Tech, Alaska and Bemidji ahead of them, I think the USCHO article is correct in that they've all but won the WCHA regular season.
                              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post

13. Northeastern
                                14. UMass-Lowell
                                15. Bowling Green
                                16. Notre Dame
                                17. Providence
                                18. Penn State
                                19. LSSU
                                What the teams a little ahead of the Lakers in the Pairwise do will only be important if the Lakers keep on winning. We have 6 regular season games left, 4 at home, but we haven't swept anyone at home this season (excluding the exhibition series against Ni****ing). If we don't win at least 5 of the remaining games (maybe all 6), we probably don't have much chance of making the NCAA tournament without winning the WCHA tournament. Sure it's possible we could get in without winning the WCHA tournament, but not very likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X