Brown Hockey 2018-19: Marchin Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown Hockey 2018-19: Marchin Orders

Nice W last night! I would have to agree with you that last night was pretty evenly tilted although I would add that Brown played with more of a sense of urgency and inspiration. Yes, Nieto was good along with his three best buddies (goal posts and crossbar) and he was better than Clark last night. Guttari was the best player on the ice last night! Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

A very big call late in the game and this is my take. Clearly Sellar and Nieto were tangled up and this led to Nieto not getting enough time to "fully" set up on the would be shot/goal. Also the ref was in great position to signal NO GOAL right away having watched the tangle. No one is disputing that but here is where it gets fuzzy for me. Sellar was cross-checked into Nieto by two Brown players into Nieto from which his stick gets lodged up in Nieto's goalie jersey. Sellar did not put in there on purpose, matter of fact, he tried to extricate his stick not knowing where the on-going play was. Once dislodged, Nieto sets quickly and does the butterfly to no avail as Rutherford goes blocker side to score. To the refs credit, they did review and confer with each other. This would have tied the game with momentum on the BG side. THIS DID NOT COST THE BG THE GAME; they were their own worst enemy for the first 50 minutes.

Also after this, BG has a chance to tie the game again in the last minute with Yau making a backhand pass to Foreman point blank to have Nieto save that and the game. Finally and immediately right afterwards, a D man backhand cleared puck slow as molasses goes into the empty net 200 ft down.

Comment

Agreed on the sense of urgency and the goaltending, BG. Brown looked like a desperate team, which was good to see, and I did think Clark should've had at least one of the two point shots that made it in. Meanwhile, Nieto was tremendous at times, and neither Dartmouth goal was stoppable.

My official stance on the goaltending interference call is that I have no idea what to think . It was a really weird and confusing play. Once the call on the ice was made, I think it was hard to overturn, so the ultimate decision makes sense within that context. But was that the correct call originally? Hard to say. If it went the other direction, I'd probably be upset, but since it didn't, I'm simply nonplussed about the whole thing.

In any event, I'm pretty high on this Dartmouth team (particularly the offense and power play), so I'm thrilled with Brown's effort last night. See you again in late February!

Comment

We're the top story on USCHO this morning. Nice! https://www.uscho.com/2018/12/12/bro...-young-energy/

Comment

Divver reports we picked up a big commit from a former Harvard recruit: https://***********/MarkDivver/statu...12537305489409

I've been impressed with the recruiting success over the last few months. Excited to see how it translates next year (and beyond).

Comment

Congratulations on successfully defending the Three River Class title for the city of Providence.
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                Congratulations on successfully defending the Three River Class title for the city of Providence.
                Who needs the Mayor's Cup when we have the Three Rivers Classic???

Some thoughts...

This team is quietly on a roll right now: 4-1-2 since late November, with the lone loss coming to a VERY good Providence team. We've finally started scoring in bunches. If we can keep that up, this team will be dangerous down the stretch. Goaltending has been at times excellent, but inconsistent, while our strong defensive efforts earlier in the season have been somewhat less impressive of late. If we can get back on track there, we'll be a more complete team. The PK has been excellent; can't remember the last time you could say that about a Brown team. Tommy Marchin has been outstanding during this streak of good performances after a really slow start to the season. There are some really good, promising freshmen in this year's class and many have made big contributions already.

I had no expectations coming into the season. We lost most of the (limited) offense from last year's team. Somehow, we're just three wins away from matching last year's win total in January. I'm very excited to see how it all pans out!

Comment

Congrats on a well deserved win. You have a very good young hungry team.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Nice tourney win!
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Good read from Josh Seguin over at CHN on Brown's recent improvement: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-the-Woods.php

There seems to be good energy and momentum surrounding the program for the first time in a while, and people are taking note.

Comment

Also: Looks like someone stole my thread title! http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles...hin-orders.php

Comment

I was going to say that tonight was a good time play PC after the two disasters last weekend, but OC is up 4-0 so... what do I know?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            I was going to say that tonight was a good time play PC after the two disasters last weekend, but OC is up 4-0 so... what do I know?
                            It appears Nate Leaman had the same thought process, and refused to let his team succumb to it. Total massacre in the first period, and then PC coasted. Disappointing, to say the least, but at least we scored for the first time in the last three Mayor’s Cup games...

Comment

Big weekend for the Bears! I'm not expecting a win at Quinnipiac, but a win over an underachieving Princeton team would be a huge step toward locking down home ice in the playoffs.

Comment

Weekend Preview: Yale/Brown

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...yalebrown.html
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/