• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown Hockey 2018-19: Marchin Orders

Nicely done Brown Bears! Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      Congrats to the Bears. Give Brown a ton of credit. They were relentless, pesky and never gave up. They seemed to get better later in the game and they punched QU in the face and the Bobcats did not respond. Impressive performance by them.
      Very magnanimous response.

You're season's not over. Keep sharpening your skates.

Comment

Congratulations on making it to Lake Placid! It is such a beautiful place. If you can, make the trip up there!
        Colgate '09

Comment

Five hours away from the biggest game in six years. Whatever happens, I’m glad the seniors got to make a great run like this. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching Marchin, Gottlieb and Brink these past few years. Hope they can keep it rolling!

Comment

Go Bruno, beat the big red today ! BTW, Did you know Brink is from Hamilton, NY ?
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

How many five minute power plays does Cornell need to win the ECAC? Oh well. The rest of the league is rooting for you. Go Bruno!
              Let's Go Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan View Post
                How many five minute power plays does Cornell need to win the ECAC? Oh well. The rest of the league is rooting for you. Go Bruno!
                I'd say the game is over

Comment

Embarrassing way to go out. Too bad.

Edit: To be clear, I don’t think the score does our effort justice. Not sure what the shot attempt totals are, but I’d wager we took more than Cornell. Their defense hasn’t allowed much to get through, but it’s not like we’ve been completely outskated. They’ve just cashed in on their chances, and we haven’t. So, the score is embarrassing; not the effort.
                  Last edited by kdiff77; 03-22-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Nice run by Brown. Galajda was the difference today. I thought the Bears hung with Cornell.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post

Edit: To be clear, I don’t think the score does our effort justice. Not sure what the shot attempt totals are, but I’d wager we took more than Cornell. Their defense hasn’t allowed much to get through, but it’s not like we’ve been completely outskated. They’ve just cashed in on their chances, and we haven’t. So, the score is embarrassing; not the effort.
                      Agreed. That was about the least dominant 6-0 game I can recall. Brown had a nice push much of the game, especially in the 2nd period when there were stretches Cornell couldn’t get out of the zone. Not a lot of grade A chances for Brown, and Galajda was really sharp when he had to be. Even after Baron scored the 4th goal Brown kept Cornell on its heels.

Congrats to Brown on a terrific season.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop85 View Post
                        Agreed. That was about the least dominant 6-0 game I can recall. Brown had a nice push much of the game, especially in the 2nd period when there were stretches Cornell couldn’t get out of the zone. Not a lot of grade A chances for Brown, and Galajda was really sharp when he had to be. Even after Baron scored the 4th goal Brown kept Cornell on its heels.

Congrats to Brown on a terrific season.
                        I can assure you that Cornell or anyone facing Brown after their last several games, is not going to take their foot off the gas pedal. Someone lost the magic lamp! Brown had a great run the 2nd half, you should enjoy that success. Makes for optimism for the future. Now, let's see how Clarkson - Harvard do tonight.

Comment

Congrats to Brown on a great year. There are light years between this year's team and those of the past. See you next year.
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Great rebound season! hope they continue this trend, never hurts to have a strong ECAC.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post

Congrats on a monster season and righting the ship and the right time....nothing at all to be ashamed of! 100% agreed that it was a reflective of 6-0 blowout. Brown actually carried play 5 on 5 for great stretches in second and third but just couldnt put puck in net. I will say there is some "sneaky talent and skill" on the Brown team which bodes well for the future. Like anything else, goaltending consistency is an issue!

Comment

Congrats to Brown on a great year.. their system honestly looked pretty good, they break out of their zone really well... I watched the game from Section 3 and the scoreline did NOT reflect the play. Brown had big chunks where they were really controlling play, they just lacked that touch, that clutch finish.. I thought Brown got railroaded on a couple calls, too..

Comment

Working...
                                X