Darwinism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darwinism

@wkyc: Connecticut woman injured after mistaking dynamite for candle during power outage https://on.wkyc.com/2oTHR9O https://***********/wkyc/status/1038704842993266688/photo/1
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Darwinism

From the Herd Thinner line of candles and gifts.

Comment

I'm just trying to imagine why one would just have dynamite sitting in a drawer with their candles, some tapes, maybe a tape measurer.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        I'm just trying to imagine why one would just have dynamite sitting in a drawer with their candles, some tapes, maybe a tape measurer.
        You never know when you may need to catch a road runner.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

I'm wondering why anyone would just have a loaded gun in a low cupboard with kids in the house.

I figure, there's gotta be a common factor in there somewhere. Just not sure what.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

People who could have evacuated the coast ahead of Florence but refused to will lose their herd membership card.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              @wkyc: Connecticut woman injured after mistaking dynamite for candle during power outage https://on.wkyc.com/2oTHR9O https://***********/wkyc/status/1038...266688/photo/1
              I'm pretty sure I saw this happen in a loony tunes cartoon.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                I'm pretty sure I saw this happen in a loony tunes cartoon.
                Or this

https://youtu.be/lJKcdlj-Uiw
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Because the store was out of nitroglycerin.

PS - The device is a tape measure; you're the tape measurer.
                  PPS - What kind of tapes? Led Zeppelin? Beach Boys?
                  Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-14-2018, 11:00 AM.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Oops

@fox5dc: A suspected burglar was found crushed to death by a 900-pound safe, according to police http://www.fox5dc.com/news/police-su...900-pound-safe
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I guessed you were going here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o13glRURgTE
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        PPS - What kind of tapes? Led Zeppelin? Beach Boys?
                        Obvious. <-- VNSFW
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The amusement park where nothing went wrong, went wrong, went wrong..

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/201...tal_floss.html
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The amusement park where nothing went wrong, went wrong, went wrong..

https://www.nj.com/entertainment/201...tal_floss.html
                            Concrete sledding
                            The Alpine Slide, which was the park's first ride two years before Action Park opened on July 4, 1978, was bought from a manufacturer in Europe by park owner Eugene Mulvihill.

"The Alpine was on a big hill, not a little baby hill," said park security guard Jim DeSaye. "It’s basically you on a sled on a concrete track. And there is nothing keeping you on."
                            Wild Mountain (mountain in name only) in MN had (has?) a similar track. When I was in junior high I decided I was not going to use the break on a run at any cost. Ended up tipping on my side while wearing a tank top and tore a few layers of skin off my left upper arm about 3 inches long.

I think if I tried to list every stupid mishap from my youth I'd be here for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              I think if I tried to list every stupid mishap from my youth I'd be here for a bit.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                              X