Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey 2018-19

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    Let's not dwell on the past...let's talk about the past!

Jerseys, that is.

I had a lot of fun putting this together:
    https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/10/1...-other-colors/

It occurred to me that I have no real favorite home white jersey. There aren't many that I flat-out dislike, but each has something that prevents me from enthusiastically saying "This is the best!" And yes, that includes the red-accented Division II '90s era (mostly because I don't think red is a neutral accent when the school colors are blue and white).
    Our current blue jersey is flat-out the best, however.
    I was just about to come here to ask some questions about jerseys when I discovered this posting. Questions answered and WOW, how have I never seen this gem before? Ok who has a lead on one of these for me? Love it! BTW - The jersey history page is pretty cool. I learned a lot reading through it for sure. Personally, I've liked your last two silver jerseys. Not a lot of teams going with that as the main color on jerseys so they really stand out.

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      We've been using a crappy font around the Denver Broncos' logo for TWENTY YEARS. I find this unacceptable.
      GFM
      I feel your pain. For me there is a fine line between tradition and boring. Huskies alumni want to burn me at the stake when I say "Enough with the 'Huskies' crested jerseys already, do something new..." And our less than beloved "Piano Dog" survived 24 years before someone finally shot Ol' Husky, laid him to rest and did a school wide rebranding for athletics. I think the big reason it takes so long is just look at how many places your school uses their current logo. If they make a change ALL that stuff has to be replaced. Everything from signs on buildings to letterhead to carpet to plaques to hockey jerseys and the list goes on for a long time. That's a TON of material to be replaced. Multi-million dollar process for a school of any size.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        I was just about to come here to ask some questions about jerseys when I discovered this posting. Questions answered and WOW, how have I never seen this gem before? Ok who has a lead on one of these for me? Love it! BTW - The jersey history page is pretty cool. I learned a lot reading through it for sure. Personally, I've liked your last two silver jerseys. Not a lot of teams going with that as the main color on jerseys so they really stand out.

Those were hard-to-get back in the day — I think that the pre-sale sold out. I sniped the Talbot one right away. I could tell that he had "it" if he got the conditioning. I ... I think he got the conditioning.

I don't see many of the other ones around here. You do not have enough money to get the Talbot jersey off of my hands.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

You do not have enough money to get the Talbot jersey off of my hands.
          GFM
          How about a couple photos?

Comment

How about a couple photos?
            Email me from my profile and I'll help ya out.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'm really glad you liked it! Also, I must thank you because your site was very helpful with all the good, straight, close shots of the UAH jerseys on it. It really helped getting right a lot of the details that action photos tend to cover up or distort. So thanks!
              Michael Napier - UAH '97
              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
              U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
              NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
              CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
              CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

0-10. I still can't quite believe this is happening.
                https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/11/0...-loss-to-tech/
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                  0-10. I still can't quite believe this is happening.
                  https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/11/0...-loss-to-tech/
                  Don't be too down, your team had some bad luck this week imho. Dunn is probably still talking to himself. With that goaltender, you have the makings of a really good team and the coaching is quite good.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Don't be too down, your team had some bad luck this week imho. Dunn is probably still talking to himself. With that goaltender, you have the makings of a really good team and the coaching is quite good.
                    “The coaching is quite good” yeah if you don’t believe in scoring. This is the worst UAH team I’ve ever watched. It’s lifeless, Sinclair is the only reason it’s competitive. 10 goals in 10 games isn’t going to cut it, this is D1 hockey. I have no faith in Corbett and if it weren’t for Kestner and Uhaul last season they would’ve missed the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHHerd4 View Post
                      “The coaching is quite good” yeah if you don’t believe in scoring. This is the worst UAH team I’ve ever watched. It’s lifeless, Sinclair is the only reason it’s competitive. 10 goals in 10 games isn’t going to cut it, this is D1 hockey. I have no faith in Corbett and if it weren’t for Kestner and Uhaul last season they would’ve missed the playoffs.
                      Oh, no doubt you need more scoring, but the foundation is pretty good and if you had a bigger recruiting budget you might get a few more scorers. The coaches have a very good reputation around hockey, despite the results. I know it's easy for me to talk but have faith, you have a young team.

Comment

The drumbeat for a change at the top continues to get louder.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

The drumbeat for a change at the top continues to get louder.

GFM
                          We went about 25 years, at least, with a big time losing record. In that time we must have had 5 or 6 different head coaches. I would say the biggest thing for us that happened was that the players lost respect for our coach and quit playing for him. I don't see that where you are.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            We went about 25 years, at least, with a big time losing record. In that time we must have had 5 or 6 different head coaches. I would say the biggest thing for us that happened was that the players lost respect for our coach and quit playing for him. I don't see that where you are.
                            Tech was never going to drop hockey. UAH can't say the same thing.

I've always found it very interesting that Lance West was added to the staff.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Congratualtions on your first win! I'm sure a lot more to come.

Comment

Thanks! It was great to finally get one. I don't care for goaltender win-loss record (like at all), but it was nice to see Mark Sinclair finally get a win. He certainly had played well enough to get a few this season.

https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/11/1...eir-first-win/
                                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X