Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey 2018-19

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    The first one is rather good...I've actually come around on our current home jerseys, although the numbers and "UAH" should still be blue with black outline instead.

Yeah, I figured the logo wasn't changing any time soon when they used they re-did the floor at Spragins. It's also used on a lot of new and re-furbished areas. It's embossed on the chairs in the film room, I believe. My guess that it's fear of the costs of replacement more than the actual change.
    At some point you make the choice to just replace things over time though, right? I'd be fine with the official university logo, to be honest.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Hello! I was really hoping to make it down for the series this weekend, but work got in the way. I enjoyed chatting with your fans at our place last season. I did purchase a monthly Flo pass to watch the games this weekend. Does UAH put on a good video presentation?

We have had two decent weekends of play so far, so will be interested to see how it translates on the road.

Comment

Hey Chargers faithful. I'm a Michigan Tech band alumnus coming down for the series in a few weeks and I wanted to see if I can get a recommendation for the best place a visiting fan should sit. I can't make out which end the visitor attacks twice from the seat charts of Von Braun. Looking forward to visiting yet another WCHA barn.
        MTU Pep Band:The Pride of Pastyland, Cream of the Keewanaw,The Second Best Feeling in the World and The Official Band of the 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 WCHA Final Five!

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
          Hello! I was really hoping to make it down for the series this weekend, but work got in the way. I enjoyed chatting with your fans at our place last season. I did purchase a monthly Flo pass to watch the games this weekend. Does UAH put on a good video presentation?

We have had two decent weekends of play so far, so will be interested to see how it translates on the road.
          UAH's video presentation has been pretty bare bones in the past, unfortunately. The VBC arena holds about 6,000 for hockey, with the majority of seats on the sides that go pretty high up, and the one camera they've been using for the action is placed near the back. Last season, they used a second camera that was always pointed at the UAH bench for whatever reason.

This is our home opener with a new system, so maybe, hopefully, it'll be a little better. Maybe use that second camera from one of the ends, where it doesn't go high up, to follow action like during power plays.

Don't expect anything spectacular is what I'm saying.

We've had two weekends of not-so-good play against NCHC foes on the road, so we're interested to see if UAH starts to play better at home.
          Michael Napier - UAH '97
          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
          U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
          NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
          CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
          CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by sgt_brass View Post
            Hey Chargers faithful. I'm a Michigan Tech band alumnus coming down for the series in a few weeks and I wanted to see if I can get a recommendation for the best place a visiting fan should sit. I can't make out which end the visitor attacks twice from the seat charts of Von Braun. Looking forward to visiting yet another WCHA barn.
            Cool! Hope you have a safe trip and a fun time!

You'd want the end with sections 211-214 if you're planning on getting reserved seats. UAH shoots twice toward the other end with the risers/bleachers (or, as I call it, the end with the big door). If you get general admission, you can pretty much sit anywhere in the upper sections.
            Michael Napier - UAH '97
            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Does UAH put on a good video presentation?
              No.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Well...got on the board. Now gotta score more. Hans down their best effort (pun intended ).
                https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/10/1...n-home-opener/
                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  No.

GFM
                  Agreed. Not only was it quite often blurry, the video would freeze. I wish the camera would stop zooming in and cover more of the ice … and I wish they could FOLLOW THE PUCK.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Agreed. Not only was it quite often blurry, the video would freeze. I wish the camera would stop zooming in and cover more of the ice … and I wish they could FOLLOW THE PUCK.
                    I agree on the camera. Too much movement. Would be better off zooming out a bit.

As for our game ... it was a gritty road effort and one that we would not have won in our previous seasons. It's a another good step forward for us. I would expect both teams bring a better game tomorrow. Nice write up by Michael Napier above. Good stuff! Good luck tomorrow, Chargers!

Comment

I agree on the camera. Too much movement. Would be better off zooming out a bit.

As for our game ... it was a gritty road effort and one that we would not have won in our previous seasons. It's a another good step forward for us. I would expect both teams bring a better game tomorrow. Nice write up by Michael Napier above. Good stuff! Good luck tomorrow, Chargers!
                      Thanks!

I was at the game so I couldn't watch the feed. I'll pass the feedback on tonight.
                      Michael Napier - UAH '97
                      uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

I thought you played better last night, and everywhere those guys go there is bad blood after the games.

You all can't keep leaving guys open at the side of the net like that though it's bad for the health.The feed was fine both nights and the announcer gets better every year. It would be great if he had a color person though, at least part of the time.
                        Last edited by manurespreader; 10-20-2018, 08:49 PM.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Bad blood? Guess these guys didn't get the message.

https://***********/SunDevilHockey/status/1053843013569601536

Enjoyed the series with UAH. I have enjoyed following you guys the past few years and hope our series can continue sometime down the road. Best of luck the rest of the way! Your fellow Sun Belt member will be cheering for your success.

Comment

Last night's recap: https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/10/2...tate-to-sweep/

I was more concerned about our guys letting the frustration of struggling get the best of them. Everything was being called, that's for sure.

I really do hope we get to play again soon. Having teams from Alabama and Arizona playing Division I hockey is just cool.
                            Michael Napier - UAH '97
                            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

Good news is UAH scored multiple goals, and certainly made it interesting in the end.
                              https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/10/2...-for-chargers/

Could really use a win today.
                              Michael Napier - UAH '97
                              uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey

Comment

The UAH/UAF Lance/Karlis story is still fascinating.

http://www.newsminer.com/sports/uaf_...3a1754e2d.html

Comment

Working...
                                X