Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Kings affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Itís never the ONLY thing in any single case involving non-violent black people getting shot (which happens at a disproportionate rate) with zero consequences for the officer. On aggregate though itís hard to say that itís not the main factor.
    If you believe in conspiracies sure...

Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Uh no, racism in this country has nothing to do with conspiracies.

Kings affiliate
    Uh no, racism in this country has nothing to do with conspiracies.
    So you believe the jury looked at Noor and found him guilty because of his race and not the facts?
    You do think if all the facts were the same but the races were reversed he'd have gotten off?

I think this was the right outcome but youíd be deluding yourself if you donít think race wasnít a factor in a number of other cases such as Philandoís or some of the various other cases over the years in which a white cop (or someone like George Zimmerman) got off scot-free (or didnít and got an extremely light sentence given the circumstances like the cop in Oakland who reached for his real gun instead of his taser) after shooting/killing a non-threatening black person. I donít know if it had a factor in this one case or not but given the history of these cases and the outcomes I think thatís a possibility.

Kings affiliate

Zimmerman got off on a BS law.
    Philando's shooter was not white...unless you are saying it's the victims race that matters.

Yes it is possible race was a factor...my issue is your insinuation race was the major factor.
    Noor had no case...espcially when he never claimed he saved his partner or his own life in the shooting...but "feared for his life."

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

There's no question that the demographics of the case were a factor. Black cop, white woman, and he was clearly guilty. That's an open and shut case for any DA willing to prosecute, and allows them to say, "See, we got one! We're totally not buds with the po-po!"
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Zimmerman got off on a BS law.
    Among other things, namely how violent that thug Trayvon was and the fact that the one woman on the jury was clearly racist.

Philando's shooter was not white...unless you are saying it's the victims race that matters.
    Moreso the latter but I wouldn't be surprised if Yanez considered himself white either.

Noor had no case..
    Neither did Yanez or a lot of these other cops that's kinda one the main points here...

Kings affiliate

Major difference between Yanez and Noor...Castille had a gun....Diamond did not.

Yeah which he was legally carrying and told the cop right away. I assume everyone here knows that detail by now.

Kings affiliate
    Yeah which he was legally carrying and told the cop right away. I assume everyone here knows that detail by now.
    Yes we do. I'm saying I can understand (even though I don't agree) that a jury could reach that Yanez felt his life was in danger....there can be no such belief with Noor.

Ok, Iím gonna disagree.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

So you believe the jury looked at Noor and found him guilty because of his race and not the facts?
    You do think if all the facts were the same but the races were reversed he'd have gotten off?
    I do. Not a conspiracy or anything but I think if Noor's name was Smith and her name Jackson or Brown he doesnt serve a day. Plenty of cases the last few years to back up that hypothesis.

But as it is Justice was done. It means nothing though because no other cop will get convicted going forward.
    Last edited by Handyman; 04-30-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Yes we do. I'm saying I can understand (even though I don't agree) that a jury could reach that Yanez felt his life was in danger....there can be no such belief with Noor.
    Then dont be a cop. Sorry but if I am walking down the street and feel scared I cant just shoot people. Cops being treated like snowflakes is half the problem.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    There's no question that the demographics of the case were a factor. Black cop, white woman, and he was clearly guilty. That's an open and shut case for any DA willing to prosecute, and allows them to say, "See, we got one! We're totally not buds with the po-po!"
    I have been saying this for months. This case is everyone's "black friend".
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Kings affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Then dont be a cop. Sorry but if I am walking down the street and feel scared I cant just shoot people. Cops being treated like snowflakes is half the problem.
    That I don't disagree with...but saying no cop will ever be convicted again? Really?

As someone who lived a few blocks from where this happened, Iím glad he was convicted.

Lots of white cops with way more evidence against have walked in recent times, though.

Yanez got off on a technicality, IIRC. IMO, the jury wanted to convict him, but could not, due to the law.

Noor was rightfully convicted. And the BCA needs vast improvement, as shown by this case.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

I think a lot of credit has to go to the assistant county attorneys who prosecuted the case. They basically called out the Minneapolis police force and BCA for the "blue wall" they put up around Noor. At the same time, their boss Mike Freeman, who is and always will be a horrible political hack, basically twisted himself into a pretzel apologizing to the police force and reassuring the public that this was the one and only extraordinary time where a cop got out of line and needed to be punished.

I tend to cut cops more slack than most on here, especially when the shooting victim has on his person a weapon or is in the commission of a crime, but shooting an unarmed woman walking around in a bathrobe, while you are in a car with your partner as your back up, is senseless.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Last known footage of a murder victim.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Bland was arrested after a traffic stop in 2015 and later died in jail. Her death was ruled a suicide. Dallas TV station WFAA published footage Monday of a newly unearthed video that Bland herself recorded of the traffic stop incident. In the video, Bland is in her car when Encinia said "I will light you up" while aiming his stun gun at her.

Encinia told investigators that he thought his "safety was in jeopardy at more than one time" during the altercation. He was charged with perjury related to the incident, but the charges were dropped in 2017.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information