Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    All he had to do was put the freaking bucket down. The cops were 100% idiots but why exacerbate the situation? I get as tired as seeing people refuse to comply as I do seeing cops overstepping their bounds. You can't "win" in that moment, there's no argument and sadly by prolonging the confrontation you increase the odds cops like this will shoot. I have empathy for anyone finding themselves in that situation yet scorn when matching the cop's stupidity.
    Do what the man with the gun tells you to do. Sort it out later. Might even get paid.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

All he had to do was put the freaking bucket down. The cops were 100% idiots but why exacerbate the situation? I get as tired as seeing people refuse to comply as I do seeing cops overstepping their bounds. You can't "win" in that moment, there's no argument and sadly by prolonging the confrontation you increase the odds cops like this will shoot. I have empathy for anyone finding themselves in that situation yet scorn when matching the cop's stupidity.
      Why should he have to do anything he is allowed to be there and is doing nothing illegal. Sorry but they werent going to just let it be because he complied and the truth of the matter is he is well within his rights anyways they are way overstepping their bounds.

He probably shouldnt have been yelling at them but ya know what...if they acted like human beings and not small dicked weasels looking to prove their manhood by bossing round one of dem darkies none of this happens. They are 100% at fault, they caused the situation, they exasperated it and they had no cause for any of it. They are cops they are supposed to be better than this.

What was he doing that warranted them even approaching him let alone brandishing a weapon?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Why should he have to do anything he is allowed to be there and is doing nothing illegal. Sorry but they werent going to just let it be because he complied and the truth of the matter is he is well within his rights anyways they are way overstepping their bounds.

He probably shouldnt have been yelling at them but ya know what...if they acted like human beings and not small dicked weasels looking to prove their manhood by bossing round one of dem darkies none of this happens. They are 100% at fault, they caused the situation, they exasperated it and they had no cause for any of it. They are cops they are supposed to be better than this.

What was he doing that warranted them even approaching him let alone brandishing a weapon?
        Holding a bucket while black?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Do what the man with the gun tells you to do. Sort it out later. Might even get paid.
          Why is the man with the gun pointing it at someone who isnt threatening them or committing a crime in any way? Seriously in what way were the cops justified in any of this and why shouldnt he be angry and scared by their actions? They enflamed a situation they had no business being in in the first place.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Holding a bucket while black?
            Cleaning up the neighborhood while black?
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Why is the man with the gun pointing it at someone who isnt threatening them or committing a crime in any way? Seriously in what way were the cops justified in any of this and why shouldnt he be angry and scared by their actions? They enflamed a situation they had no business being in in the first place.
              The cops were wrong. Don't misjudge that. However, you do what they say, let it get sorted out, and then hey! Payday for misuse of force. Better than being shot dead and your family getting some money. It's not the ideal scenario by any means, but.....
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Why should he have to do anything...
                He shouldn't have to do anything. The cops were idiots and should have simply had a cordial conversation with the man. But once it escalated to a gun being drawn what was the best course of action he could have taken to de-escalate and/or end the confrontation? Go on YouTube and search for cops being dicks. They do it with all races and cops too often can often be power-hungry a-holes. When it happens are you going to win by challenging them?

Comment

In a vacuum you are 100% correct. The cops are there to protect and serve, and were we not living in a country where every black man in it has a legitimate reason to wonder if the next cop he's going to encounter will be one of the good ones, or one of the bad ones, I'd say yes, just drop the bucket and trash grabber and have a laugh with the cop who was just doing his job when the cop realizes in about 3 seconds nothing nefarious is going on. But if you think we live in that country you are not paying attention.

Comment

He shouldn't have to do anything. The cops were idiots and should have simply had a cordial conversation with the man. But once it escalated to a gun being drawn what was the best course of action he could have taken to de-escalate and/or end the confrontation? Go on YouTube and search for cops being dicks. They do it with all races and cops too often can often be power-hungry a-holes. When it happens are you going to win by challenging them?
                    And when he drops the bucket too quickly, the cops will have feared for their lives because he could've had a gun in there, so he winds up dead anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      And when he drops the bucket too quickly, the cops will have feared for their lives because he could've had a gun in there, so he winds up dead anyway.
                      Nah it's his fault...how dare he pick up trash at his home?!
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        In a vacuum you are 100% correct. The cops are there to protect and serve, and were we not living in a country where every black man in it has a legitimate reason to wonder if the next cop he's going to encounter will be one of the good ones, or one of the bad ones, I'd say yes, just drop the bucket and trash grabber and have a laugh with the cop who was just doing his job when the cop realizes in about 3 seconds nothing nefarious is going on. But if you think we live in that country you are not paying attention.
                        This.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          I'm well aware of all of that I don't need to be lectured. The alternative to not slowing putting the bucket down then is to argue and along with others on hand continually agitating the cop while putting him even more on edge?

Do any of you think I'm actually taking this idiot cop's side on this? Because im not. He screwed up and should have never put this man in this situation. But once he did take it that far what was the best and most logically safest course of action for this man to use in hope of defusing and staying alive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Nah it's his fault...how dare he pick up trash at his home?!
                            He replied to me. What did I post that makes this an appropriately snarky add on to that exchange?

Comment

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

I'm well aware of all of that I don't need to be lectured. The alternative to not slowing putting the bucket down then is to argue and along with others on hand continually agitating the cop while putting him even more on edge?

Do any of you think I'm actually taking this idiot cop's side on this? Because im not. He screwed up and should have never put this man in this situation. But once he did take it that far what was the best and most logically safest course of action for this man to use in hope of defusing and staying alive?
                              What you're saying is a black man should treat cops as bears: erratic, violent, and irrational. Stand still, raise your arms, and say "Whoa bear. Whoa bear."*

This is essentially how I treat the Poors, so OK I can see that.

* Actual good advice we received in Alberta, in case you ever meet a bear.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                What you're saying is a black man should treat cops as bears: erratic, violent, and irrational. [/SIZE]
                                Sad but true. You can't fight stupid and while I abhor the idea a man standing in his yard could be racially profiled and targeted by an idiot with a badge this is the world we're living in.

btw search, "idiot cops" on YouTube and you'll see them doing all kinds of stupid s**t with white people as well. In reality the frequency is probably not the same but unless a cop is being filmed by Live PD they don't seem inclined to act on their best behavior.

Comment

Working...
                                X