Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Dump will probably invite him to the White House.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

wubba lubba dub dub

Upon what charges was he found guilty? I'd assume they were murder charges, and not federal charges. If that's the assumption, under what reasoning could he be transferred from the Stat of Illinois facility to a federal facility? Something smells fishy here.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Upon what charges was he found guilty? I'd assume they were murder charges, and not federal charges. If that's the assumption, under what reasoning could he be transferred from the Stat of Illinois facility to a federal facility? Something smells fishy here.
    It isnt that uncommon from what I have read over the years...

The better question is how did he get 7 years for murder?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    It isnt that uncommon from what I have read over the years...

The better question is how did he get 7 years for murder?
    Transferring state prisoners to be held by the feds really doesn't make sense to me, regardless if it's common or not.

Seven years isn't that shocking - it was his first (provable) offense.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

I'll bet no one saw that coming.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Good, canít have cops getting charged

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...of-raping-teen

True American heroes!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

\../ \../

True American heroes!
    There were a couple of heroes in the video and neither of them had a weapon. Kudos to the victims in this video for two things. One, for the black gentleman picking up trash for NOT getting shot. Unarmed and black is a good way to get shot by a cop in American nowadays. And two, for standing up to this ridiculous example of "law enforcement" that is so prevalent today. 8 cops. 8! What other ACTUAL crime was being committed while these 8 were all standing around trying to play John Wayne? I'm told cops drive around in $60,000 SUVs because their presence in our neighborhoods supposedly prevents crime. What ACTUAL crime victims could they have been speaking with to investigate crime? I'm told that cops also solve crime by investigating.

The eventual outcome of the way policing has devolved in America over the last 25 or so years is far too ugly for most of us to think about. But at some point, a populace who fears the police will begin to take coordinated action against the police. That's when you can turn out the lights.

But this video was just an aberration I'm sure.

All he had to do was put the freaking bucket down. The cops were 100% idiots but why exacerbate the situation? I get as tired as seeing people refuse to comply as I do seeing cops overstepping their bounds. You can't "win" in that moment, there's no argument and sadly by prolonging the confrontation you increase the odds cops like this will shoot. I have empathy for anyone finding themselves in that situation yet scorn when matching the cop's stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    All he had to do was put the freaking bucket down. The cops were 100% idiots but why exacerbate the situation? I get as tired as seeing people refuse to comply as I do seeing cops overstepping their bounds. You can't "win" in that moment, there's no argument and sadly by prolonging the confrontation you increase the odds cops like this will shoot. I have empathy for anyone finding themselves in that situation yet scorn when matching the cop's stupidity.
    Do what the man with the gun tells you to do. Sort it out later. Might even get paid.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Why should he have to do anything he is allowed to be there and is doing nothing illegal. Sorry but they werent going to just let it be because he complied and the truth of the matter is he is well within his rights anyways they are way overstepping their bounds.

He probably shouldnt have been yelling at them but ya know what...if they acted like human beings and not small dicked weasels looking to prove their manhood by bossing round one of dem darkies none of this happens. They are 100% at fault, they caused the situation, they exasperated it and they had no cause for any of it. They are cops they are supposed to be better than this.

What was he doing that warranted them even approaching him let alone brandishing a weapon?
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Why should he have to do anything he is allowed to be there and is doing nothing illegal. Sorry but they werent going to just let it be because he complied and the truth of the matter is he is well within his rights anyways they are way overstepping their bounds.

He probably shouldnt have been yelling at them but ya know what...if they acted like human beings and not small dicked weasels looking to prove their manhood by bossing round one of dem darkies none of this happens. They are 100% at fault, they caused the situation, they exasperated it and they had no cause for any of it. They are cops they are supposed to be better than this.

What was he doing that warranted them even approaching him let alone brandishing a weapon?
    Holding a bucket while black?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Do what the man with the gun tells you to do. Sort it out later. Might even get paid.
    Why is the man with the gun pointing it at someone who isnt threatening them or committing a crime in any way? Seriously in what way were the cops justified in any of this and why shouldnt he be angry and scared by their actions? They enflamed a situation they had no business being in in the first place.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Holding a bucket while black?
    Cleaning up the neighborhood while black?
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Why is the man with the gun pointing it at someone who isnt threatening them or committing a crime in any way? Seriously in what way were the cops justified in any of this and why shouldnt he be angry and scared by their actions? They enflamed a situation they had no business being in in the first place.
    The cops were wrong. Don't misjudge that. However, you do what they say, let it get sorted out, and then hey! Payday for misuse of force. Better than being shot dead and your family getting some money. It's not the ideal scenario by any means, but.....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Why should he have to do anything...
    He shouldn't have to do anything. The cops were idiots and should have simply had a cordial conversation with the man. But once it escalated to a gun being drawn what was the best course of action he could have taken to de-escalate and/or end the confrontation? Go on YouTube and search for cops being dicks. They do it with all races and cops too often can often be power-hungry a-holes. When it happens are you going to win by challenging them?

\../ \../

In a vacuum you are 100% correct. The cops are there to protect and serve, and were we not living in a country where every black man in it has a legitimate reason to wonder if the next cop he's going to encounter will be one of the good ones, or one of the bad ones, I'd say yes, just drop the bucket and trash grabber and have a laugh with the cop who was just doing his job when the cop realizes in about 3 seconds nothing nefarious is going on. But if you think we live in that country you are not paying attention.

He shouldn't have to do anything. The cops were idiots and should have simply had a cordial conversation with the man. But once it escalated to a gun being drawn what was the best course of action he could have taken to de-escalate and/or end the confrontation? Go on YouTube and search for cops being dicks. They do it with all races and cops too often can often be power-hungry a-holes. When it happens are you going to win by challenging them?
    And when he drops the bucket too quickly, the cops will have feared for their lives because he could've had a gun in there, so he winds up dead anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    And when he drops the bucket too quickly, the cops will have feared for their lives because he could've had a gun in there, so he winds up dead anyway.
    Nah it's his fault...how dare he pick up trash at his home?!

Thread Information