Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I want to believe this. I assume you have evidence.
    I posted in the thread maybe a week or two ago, the cop who executed Daniel Shaver on camera was rehired so he could collect a pension:
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ng/1698540001/

The cop who shot Tamir Rice was rehired too though he quit shortly after.

Comment

edit: nevermind it isnt worth the time.
      Last edited by Handyman; 09-01-2019, 10:44 AM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        Can he get hired at another PD? Maybe Podunk, NE. This incident is on his record. I agree he should be in jail, I agree his punishment should be more severe, but to say he got off scot-free? No, that is far from correct. His name is known. His name will pop up on any background search, for life. To dismiss that is foolish.
        You are far too uninformed Brent. The cop who shot Tamir Rice in Cleveland, Timothy Loehmann, was a cop who failed in a much smaller, suburban department. He resigned ahead of a certain termination due to what his former chief referred to as a lack of emotional stability and a complete inability to handle a firearm. So instead, he was hired by a much bigger department, in a town that has a serious crime problem (serious enough that even I take it as such) and let loose on the cities inhabitants. That's just one example. Do the research and you will find many more, of cops who quit in one town ahead of being fired and got hired on down the road, or who were fired justifiably for cause, and got hired by another department down the road. Much like the Catholic Church and their little boy raping priests, police departments like to pass off their failed employees on unsuspecting citizens in the next town, or in the next state. Yes, getting fired is not nothing, but being charged, convicted and imprisoned for the crime of manslaughter that he committed would have been fair and just, and THAT would prevent him from becoming a cop somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          I posted in the thread maybe a week or two ago, the cop who executed Daniel Shaver on camera was rehired so he could collect a pension:
          https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ng/1698540001/

The cop who shot Tamir Rice was rehired too though he quit shortly after.
          Timothy Loehmann did not quit the Cleveland Pollice Department. He was eventually fired by the CPD, but it was only tangentially related to the shooting of Rice. He was fired for falsification of parts of his job application with the CPD. He was briefly employed by a department in Belmont County Ohio (which ought to be in West Virginia or maybe Mississippi, based on the attitudes and actions of many of that county's upstanding citizens) but it appears he never really worked there and is no longer listed as an employee. Additionally, the CPD never did any in-depth review of his employment records, and they are like a lot of other police departments in this regard. I went through a deeper background check -- by far -- for BOTH of my most recent jobs, in the airline industry and as a labor union representative, including FBI background checks and fingerprinting.

Comment

He either quit or withdrew his application from Bellaire PD after it got exposed by many credible sources that he was "hired" there. IDK how important that distinction is here because he shouldn't be within 100 feet of a police uniform ever again.

Comment

I'm sure those who frequent this thread and are quick to rationalize and apologize for bad cops will pay little attention to this article but I can always hope. Some departments do sufficiently check an applicant's history and can weed out those who should not be officers. But many departments do not. You want to throw more money at your local police department? Make them spend the money on strengthening their hiring and training processes. Spend the money on that and you might not have to spend so much defending the inevitable lawsuits from employing violent racist jerk-offs. Do not spend it all on the most expensive SUVs to tool around in, military-style weaponry and twice as many cops as you actually should need.

And a question for Rube, do you ever qualify your condemnation of those on the left like you do those on the right, or the bad cops? Sure, you say cops like the one that killed Garner should be in jail, but you always, ALWAYS qualify it with something. How about doing that with the other side once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                I'm sure those who frequent this thread and are quick to rationalize and apologize for bad cops will pay little attention to this article but I can always hope. Some departments do sufficiently check an applicant's history and can weed out those who should not be officers. But many departments do not. You want to throw more money at your local police department? Make them spend the money on strengthening their hiring and training processes. Spend the money on that and you might not have to spend so much defending the inevitable lawsuits from employing violent racist jerk-offs. Do not spend it all on the most expensive SUVs to tool around in, military-style weaponry and twice as many cops as you actually should need.

And a question for Rube, do you ever qualify your condemnation of those on the left like you do those on the right, or the bad cops? Sure, you say cops like the one that killed Garner should be in jail, but you always, ALWAYS qualify it with something. How about doing that with the other side once in a while.
                My reasoning in those cases is often if not completely ignored, due to it not fitting the narrative.

I agree on deeper background checks when hiring, which does require more money in the budgets. Mpls is facing this issue now (budget). The people want more officers, but don't want to increase the budget for more officers. Well....
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

We don't need more cops we need cops that are better trained and equipped to handle the job. Reduce how many patrol positions there are and use that money for better training, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    We don't need more cops we need cops that are better trained and equipped to handle the job. Reduce how many patrol positions there are and use that money for better training, etc.
                    We need significantly fewer cops. It's becoming almost as big a white working class welfare program as the military.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      IMO, it's not either/or. It's more cops, that are also well-trained. IF one has to choose either/or, I choose the latter, of course, without blinking an eye. But we need more eyes out there.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You know how you get more eyes for the same price?

Stop shooting people. They’re more likely to help someone who’s a member of the community than someone who shot their dad.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          You know how you get more eyes for the same price?

Stop shooting people. They’re more likely to help someone who’s a member of the community than someone who shot their dad.
                          And that would be better training, which requires more money which I support.

Comment

And that would be better training
                            Better people.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well better people would need to want the job too...which is not the case.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

IMO, it's not either/or. It's more cops, that are also well-trained. IF one has to choose either/or, I choose the latter, of course, without blinking an eye. But we need more eyes out there.
                                Brent we absolutely do not need more cops. I know you will disagree with that but you don't understand how modern policing should work, or how much money is wasted by police departments on things that are entirely unnecessary. First of all, having more police doing routine patrols does not reduce crime. Some academics in criminology have even suggested that having routine patrols by cops make about as much sense as having your local fire department tooling around with an engine company on fire watch. Additionally, so much money is wasted on things like DARE programs and expensive tactical teams when neither has been shown empirically to have the effects on things that we are led to believe by those who are running our police departments. Finally, we have far, FAR too many individual departments. Different training standards and response protocol mean every one of the 18,000 separate agencies might respond differently to the same situation.

If you want to reduce crime, increase education and increase opportunities for good jobs for people in the urban core of our larger cities. The last thing we need to do is throw more money to our criminal justice system if you actually want to reduce crime. Of course, those are wimpy, lefty, pansy solutions, whereas hiring more tough heroic guys to be cops is the American he-man thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X