Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Guilty of 2nd degree murder. 16 guilty charges of aggravated battery with a firearm. Not guilty of official misconduct.

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Guilty of 2nd degree murder. 16 guilty charges of aggravated battery with a firearm. Not guilty of official misconduct.
    So apparently murder is SOP for Chicago cops.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    So apparently murder is SOP for Chicago cops.
    Someone pointed out that each aggravated battery charge are six year minimums to be served consecutively, not concurrently, which is a minimum of 96 years. This allows his wife and kids to receive his pension while he effectively serves a life sentence.

Lucia Apologist

I guess I don’t care if his wife and kids get his pension.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I do. Not their fault he did what he did. Why cause hardship on two more innocent lives?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

That's the part that bugs me...

If that gets taken away, you set a precedent that will be far reaching. And IMHO, that is a precedent for the better...

More than a few Chicago cops like to make it known how much they make. There is also a sizable crossover of those guys with those who use their guns & power over others as a d*ck enhancer. Show that if they act reckless and they will get kicked off the gravy train, you might get a few to take notice of their actions.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yeah, she should have to go out and get a job, instead of being a lazy pension queen who just happened to open her legs for a convicted felon.

See how this works?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    That's the part that bugs me...

If that gets taken away, you set a precedent that will be far reaching. And IMHO, that is a precedent for the better...

More than a few Chicago cops like to make it known how much they make. There is also a sizable crossover of those guys with those who use their guns & power over others as a d*ck enhancer. Show that if they act reckless and they will get kicked off the gravy train, you might get a few to take notice of their actions.
    They might, but what about their families? Seriously. Let's ruin a family to prove a point. That's just bullsh*. I'm NOT excusing the cop. He got his just due. But to screw the family? No. Nuh-uh. That's just wrong.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    They might, but what about their families? Seriously. Let's ruin a family to prove a point. That's just bullsh*. I'm NOT excusing the cop. He got his just due. But to screw the family? No. Nuh-uh. That's just wrong.
    Devil's advocate: Van Dike destroyed McDonald's family. Why should Van Dike's family be spared?

While I don't know if this was the reason the jurors decided the way they did, I can understand if that was (and, I'm okay with how it was handled). Also, there does seem to be some cleaning of house because of this trial, as it was brought up that three officers happened to have identical false statements of what happened that were completely 100% contradictory of the recorded video.

Oh, and F2B&G? Bravo. I tip my cap at your post.
    Last edited by aparch; 10-05-2018 at 10:47 PM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Devil's advocate: Van Dike destroyed McDonald's family. Why should Van Dike's family be spared?

While I don't know if this was the reason the jurors decided the way they did, I can understand if that was. Also, there does seem to be some cleaning of house because of this trial, as it was brought up that three officers happened to have identical false statements of what happened that were completely 100% contradictory of the recorded video.

Oh, and F2B&G? Bravo. I tip my cap at your post.
    Devil's Advocate response: why destroy MORE lives? The buck has to stop somewhere. Someone has to be the bigger person.

And Fade's post was indeed an intelligent one.

Because we don't live by Hammurabi's Code in 21st century America?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Because we don't live by Hammurabi's Code in 21st century America?
    I'm all for an Eye For An Eye. Cop did wrong, cop is paying for it. His family shouldn't.

I'm all for an Eye For An Eye. Cop did wrong, cop is paying for it. His family shouldn't.
    Prison time is not Eye for an Eye. If we followed that system, we would have already executed the cop, and probably given his family to the McDonalds as slaves.

Prison time is not Eye for an Eye. If we followed that system, we would have already executed the cop, and probably given his family to the McDonalds as slaves.
    I'd be okay with executing the cop. Don't mess with the family. They had nothing to do with it.

Edit: some would argue prison time is worse. I don't agree with that, but could be convinced, depending on solitary/etc.

Lucia Apologist

The only people who advocate eye for an eye in the 21st century are savages.

He fixes the cable?

Edit: some would argue prison time is worse. I don't agree with that, but could be convinced, depending on solitary/etc.
    The argument can be made with American max prisons, yes. Not so much in low security or a lot of prison systems in the rest of the "civilized" world.
    Last edited by state of hockey; 10-05-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    The argument can be made with American max prisons, yes. Not so much in low security or a lot of prisons systems in the rest of the "civilized" world.
    Fair point.

The argument can be made with American max prisons, yes. Not so much in low security or a lot of prisons systems in the rest of the "civilized" world.
    I was about to say you might want to watch a Russian prison doc one of these days, but then you said "civilized", so...

He fixes the cable?
    I was about to say you might want to watch a Russian prison doc one of these days, but then you said "civilized", so...
    Russia keeps finding a way to be the exception that proves a rule.

Russia keeps finding a way to be the exception that proves a rule.
    JFC yes. And I know some things about Russian stuff. No, not from experience, you fools.

Thread Information